Mothering Forum banner

Out of control 26 month old.....ACK( x posted in toddlers)

530 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Fuamami 
#1 ·
Ok... Vent

I think i am going crazy...

I cant get anything done, Big A (3 months) screams bloody mudererious screams every time he is put down, probably in fear of my lovely Elle(26 motnhs) who i cannot leave alone for 1 second because she pummels the poor guy.. She bit his fingers yesterday
She also doesnt respond to ANY punishment, i have tried it all... As soon as i set down to feed him she starts ripping the house apart.. Jackets, playdoh , mail , anything she can get he little hands on is everywhere... I cannot take it anymore... I am at me wits end..... And dont even get me started on taking her in public.... or bedtime....GGGGGGGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRR

Any suggestions on how to control this lovely beast

See less See more
#2 ·
Sounds like she's going through some major and normal adjustment to becoming a big sister. I wouldn't try to punish this out of her. Put Big A in a sling and focus on what she wants to do. Spend lots of time either involving her in what you're doing, or letting her boss you around while you play with her. I'd also try to talk to her about how she might be feeling resentful and I'd try like crazy to prevent her from hurting the baby, rather than punishing her after she has.

Also, you might check out some books about sibling rivalry that deal with irritating little siblings. Here's a couple I like:

Julius, the Baby of the World by Kevin Henkes

Geraldine and Willy by Holly Keller

Good luck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.