I am a crummy mama today - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 05-15-2003, 07:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am having a really bad week
And today I just feel like I'm doing EVERYTHING wrong
Not to make excuses for myself but my husband has been working very long hours this week and I am just exhausted and my patience is running so thin - I feel like all I have done today is yell at my 3 year old and even feel exasperated and frustrated at my 6 month old
I'm sure both my kids are feeding off my 'bad mood' energy and are funky because of it.
What to do? I still have one more day of 'single' parenting before I get an extra set of hands - I just don't want to spend another day all peeved, impatient and awful!
Do you ever feel this way? Do you ever feel like with all the efforts to be a patient and gentle parent that sometimes you just blow it big time and yell and act insensitive?
I'm just feeling so poopy about my mothering today
#2 of 3 Old 05-15-2003, 07:20 PM

Yes...I have a 3 year old and I watch my 5 year old niece 3 days a week...I have totally had one of those days...hows the weather where you live? It always helps me to get out of the house and just let the girls run around outside...hope things get better.
#3 of 3 Old 05-15-2003, 07:31 PM

I go there too. I can comisserate. It usually is on the days that dh is working evenings and sleeps in. I feel like we spend our morning creeping around getting ready to get out so he can rest and our evening falls apart because I've been going it alone for hours and see no break in sight. Zen totally keys in to my mood which usually means her neediness increases. It's hard when your the only one on the parenting force who's reporting for duty. I find that when we have a stretch like that it helps to spend some time at a friend's house so dd can play with a buddy and I can have a little break to visit with his or her mommy. Sometimes I invite another mother over for supper so she can play with the kids while I fix dinner. It seems to lighten the load and keep me sane. Do you have family near you? Families are usually pretty good about picking up some slack if you let them.

You are a good mommy. Even good mommies have bad days and act like jacka$$e$ from time to time. I'm sure of it. I usually try to explain to Zen that I'm in a grumpy mood and it has nothing to do with her, I'm just tired. I also like to make use of bath time. If I give dd a bath I can read while she splashes around and then she can play nearby while I get mine and I can try to relax a little again. I guess with two that would prove more challenging. I do admire those of you with more than one child. I have my hands full with one.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page