James Lehman: Total transformation....? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 04-10-2007, 09:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I was talking to my dad a while back about the challenges of raising my son, and the difference in parenting styles between me and my husband. When we talked this morning, he told me about the "Total Transformation" by James Lehman...or is it John Lehman? Well, at any rate, I am unable to find any reviews, but after looking into it a little bit, it seems to be geared more toward teens. I also read something in his "program", there seems to be a chapter about "disconnecting". That is a huge alarm bell to me. I'm *really* NOT interested in his parenting advice, but I was wondering if anybody had a review, or a link to a review of his stuff that I can read. My dad wants to buy it for me, and I want to be able to tell him why I'm opposed to his offer. It really is nice of him, and I appreciate his effort to be helpful. I don't want to seem ungreatful...y'know?
#2 of 4 Old 04-11-2007, 02:18 AM

Scroll through a few pages of recent posts - this was brought up, and was conspicuous by the lack of information out there on it.
#3 of 4 Old 04-11-2007, 11:27 AM

Is his name Kevin Lehman? There is a parenting author by that name, but I have never heard of James or John Lehman. I don't know too much about Kevin Lehman, but I did hear a quote of his once that I like:

"If you do too much for your children, they will never learn to do much for themselves."

That may not be an exact quote, but it is something like that. That is the extent of my knowledge about him - lol.
#4 of 4 Old 04-11-2007, 11:46 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom22girls View Post
Scroll through a few pages of recent posts - this was brought up, and was conspicuous by the lack of information out there on it.
I'll just check the search feature

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page