Outgrowing my arms & body - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 1 Old 06-28-2007, 08:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
At times I have such hard time getting my soon to be 3 yr old to listen to me it is a 'run & chase me along with hiding game sometimes or that he ends up just does what he wants even though he knows he's not supposed to or if he is supposed to do something like 'get ready for bed' I try to make it fun going we get to play in the tub & youcan swim for a bit in the tubby then we read the animal story or any book you want. He also developed his grandma's habbits of plugging his ears going huh I can't hear you or he will say stop talking.

I try to simple redirect he will be back there as in running to get a 'giggle out of him' and so I used to be able to pick him up as in laid back style but he outgrown that part he wiggles so much I so afraid I will drop him on his back or noggin or he will hit his head on something sharp like the brick wall.

Then I have used to be able to hold him upside down to prevent him from 'head butting or head banging into my face but now he's big enough to touch the ground so he wheelbarrows himself down .

If I try to get him to come it's a sit down & sulk or I have to have no choice but to carry him because I don't want to drag him & so many times I have no idea where patience goes when I"m dealing with this and I want to have good patience but it's really frustrating because of the 'actions I have done before are now for too young ones.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page