Biting - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 1 Old 08-09-2007, 11:18 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hope i am putting this in the right place.

I'm hoping some of you might have some suggestions in helping me figure out a way to help my 14 mon old son with biting. It's not biting while breastfeeding, but in anger, esp at his 4 yr old sister. This morning he bite her - unprovoked (usually she has done something to him first - but not this morning) and bite her so hard she bruised and an hour later still has noticable teeth marks.

For the most part - we've been pciking him him - telling him firmly "No bite" - but it doesnt seem to be working. This am i put him in his high chair as a kind of "time out" because i wasnt sure what else to do.

I never had this as a big problem with my daughters (though DD#2 would often bite her cousin - who is only 6 months older then her - but i never saw it - just heard about it after she would visit grandma's house)... so i'm kind of at a loss with what to do. DH is pretty much into corporal punishment or even "eye for an eye" (or in this case - bite for bite) which i dont think is even remostly approite for a 14 month old (let alone any age!)

Thanks in advance for any tips!

~Kris mama to Alexis (15), Elizabeth (10), Andrew (7), and 1 angel

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page