Imperfect Parents - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-28-2007, 11:13 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Far from perfect and I'm a brand new single Mommy...so, ACK!

I don't always co-sleep, I like my space, he'll start out the night in his bed and then I'll move him into mine.
There was a night that I let my son "cry it out" because I was so flustered I burst into tears.

And honestly, there are a lot of things that I just refuse to tell anyone on here for the particular purpose that I think it's ridiculous to get flamed for a choice that I made that I more than likely can't take away or change in any way. Now, educating people in a calm, not at all aggressive manner to try to help them in future decisions is one thing. But arguing over the fact that someone didn't BF all the way to a certain age is like beating a dead horse.

Yaw, dead horse.

Single Mommy to DS born Halloween 2007.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2007, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynthfair View Post
Isn't it interesting that judgment and shaming are as ineffective with adults as with kids?!
And isn't this the irony with so many posts here? I'm constantly amazed by how we women treat each other here while advocating such gentle and respectful treatment of our children. It's baffling....

I'm SO far from perfect I don't even know where to start. But I do my best everyday (on VERY little sleep, thanks to ds#2!) and that's really all I can do.

I can relate to those of you who question why you come here. I do, too, but I'm addicted! I get a lot of good tips and it also keeps me aware throughout the day of my interactions with my kids. So, for me, that's a good reason to sometimes get kicked down a notch or two around here!
Old 11-29-2007, 01:33 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by UUMom View Post
Honestly, 89% of the time I don't know why I am addicted to MDC. : My kids can eat their halloween candy, watch TV, play with plastic, eat meat, drink soda at paties, (I love Diet Coke, fi. Although I try to self regulate. lol) play Gameboy, go to school (we're half and haf for school VS hs) and go to bed whenever they want to. They also have chores & play Pokemon. I think I hang on because I've been a Mothering reader for over 20 years and can't figure out how to replace it.
I KWYM. There are some great suggestions, ideas and discussions on this board and in the magazine. Perhaps we stick because some of the philosophies resonate with us so much. I know for myself it helps shape most of my daily interactions with dd.....and jives with me ideologically.....but sometimes in the lived experience I have to tweak my approach. Just great for idea generation at the very least. My two cents!

wash.gif  Me  + bikenew.gif Dh =  broc1.gif  Dd1(9 yrs) + hearts.gif  Dd2(6 yrs) and blowkiss.gif Ds(3.5 yrs)
Old 11-29-2007, 01:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampangel View Post
And isn't this the irony with so many posts here? I'm constantly amazed by how we women treat each other here while advocating such gentle and respectful treatment of our children. It's baffling....

I keep telling my self I will not come back, but yet here I am.

Not perfect here too. Ummm, I use sposies at night for fear of the staph is still in my cloth stash. At times I get a bit frustrated when DS won't get ready to take DH to the train(just happened today). Some night DS stays up too late. I have raised my voice some times to get the point across.

But alas, we are all wonderful parents because we keep trying to do the best for our children. Oh, and we don't give up hehe

wife to DH 2/03, mama to DS 3/03 & DD 1/09

User Tag List