Welcome and Congratulations! Introductions here - Page 4 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#91 of 98 Old 09-05-2006, 11:20 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi everyone,

OOOH! how exciting! we are all bringing little bundles for the future in January!

I am due January 10th. This is my first, most unexpected and suprising, baby! I live with my partner in Indiana. i'm 27 and he's an ripe old age of 30. We live in a 137 year old house in the inner city, in a really wild and rough neighborhood that we oddly love. however, we now know we need to move as soon as we can, because its not safe for a child. i run an advocacy program for surivors of partner abuse, and my partner works a bike shop, but next week starts as a carpenter apprentice (he's trying to get things in order with the bugger coming!).

we live with 9 cats, seven indoors, two outdoors and we ride bikes all the time and live in a very very vegan house. we spend all our time seemingly fixing broken things on the house and cleaning up after our rascally felines!
#92 of 98 Old 09-15-2006, 09:13 AM

Hi everyone! Im Melissa and am a SAHM to my son, Corbin who was born in Feb. 2004. I also have a step daughter who turned 8 in July.

I am married to Gary who is a manager at a local retail store, goes to school part time working towards his CPA, manages part time at a tax prep company AND teaches tax prep classes for 12 weeks in the fall! Needless to say, right now I am in essence a single SAHM.

I am 26 years old and went through college to get a degree in hospitality management so I could work in a cafe in a hotel/state park. Yeah, college wasnt exactly needed for that, but I met my hubby there so I did get something out of it!

Im due on January 31st and find out the sex of this baby on Tuesday (Sept. 19th) as long as baby lets us, that is.

I look forward to getting to know you all! Congrats on your little bundles!!!

Mel
#93 of 98 Old 09-16-2006, 10:11 PM
BCN

My name is Marta I'm from Barcelona (Spain), I moved to Berkeley (CA) last Jan, and now we are expecting a girl for next Jan, my due date is the 9th and her name is Sofia.
Is our first baby, I hope we can help each other (I mean future mom-future mom) in this forum.
(and excuse me for my english, I still have to improve so much )
#94 of 98 Old 09-26-2006, 08:59 PM

finally making an introduction! i've been lurking for a while, haven't posted to MDC in forever but now that i'm preggo i thought it might be time to share and ask questions again, since i've forgotten everything that happened the first time around :

i'm belinda, 30 yr old (will be 31 when new baby comes) sahm to dd 3yrs. i live in westchester county, ny, which is north of NYC (but not "upstate" as some nyc'ers would like to call it!!). i live w/ dh and we moved back here from 10+ years in northern and southern california because i wanted to be close to my family, who are all here. my parents live up the street!!

dd was born at home w/ a midwife in attendance during the brief time that we lived in los angeles. we are planning another homebirth this time. i'm due somewhere around 1/27, but dd was 1 week "early" so who knows!

i am also a fairly newly certified bradley instructor, and i just started teaching a class w/ two other couples also due in jan. it's fun to go through this w/ other couples IRL, too

~ Belinda, single 35 yr old WAHM to two super-cute DDs 8/17/03 and 1/27/07 heartbeat.gif
#95 of 98 Old 10-06-2006, 02:32 AM

Hello hello. My name is Magdalena (The Firebird). I am 26 (but will be 27 on Nov 18). I am married Chris (37) and this baby is our first baby!! We are really excited about it. A good friend of mine suggested this forum for me a little while back and in the last couple of weeks I have finally had the courage to post a few things here and there. I am excited that there is a due date club here too!

We are due January 3, 2007. Though people keep telling me that I should really *aim* for before the end of the year so that I can claim this baby on our taxes ... it is funny the things that people come up with! That and you would be surprised how many people have asked me to *try* to have the baby on their birthday or their husbands birthday ... ya, I'll try to pencil you in!

Anyways ... we don't know what we are having and we are really excited about this ... my mother in law was not so thrilled because she wasn't sure how she could go shopping but I think that she has finally gotten over it ... especially after I showed her that she could in fact get some shopping it, just in neutral colours.

I was born in Gdansk, Poland but grew up in Canada (first in Edmonton, Alberta and then for about 8 years in Hamilton, Ontario) ... but my husband is from Texas and so we live here now, in the Austin area. Moving to the U.S. has been an interesting experience, especially since it was the first time that in my life that I have not worked in so long. With immigration and then finding out that we were pregnant and actually moving to Austin (we used to live just outside of the Beaumont area ... where last year we were pummelled by Hurricane Rita who sent a 200 ft pine tree through our house destroying our master bedroom, only two months after we got married!) it has been both busy but strange to not be working full time. But it has given me an opportunity to really pursue some of my other dreams which include photography and writing. Now I find myself trying to prepare our house for the arrival of the little one ... I have become obsessed with organizing every inch of the house!

Anyways, it is nice to be here and I look forward to sharing with you all in the next few months!
#96 of 98 Old 10-06-2006, 01:44 PM

Welcome, fellow mama! Whew - it sounds like you have had a HECTIC year!! Hopefully your new little one will provide you with a mellow 2007.

read.gif, mom to wild.gif and dust.gif, partner to malesling.GIF
#97 of 98 Old 10-08-2006, 08:17 PM

Hi, I guess I'm a late joiner too. My name is Peggy, 34, and I'm currently a high school teacher at an independant study charter school in Southern California.

A month ago we moved my husband Nick, 38, to Columbus, OH so he could start grad school at OSU. I join him in December; we couldn't give up my paychecks until absoltuely necessary! It's tough being separated but we're doing okay so far.

We'd been married 4 years when I got pregnant and we're super excited about our little girl due at the end of January
#98 of 98 Old 10-17-2006, 07:39 PM

I am Shannon, 29 from Southern Ohio. I am expecting my 2nd baby...a GIRL...on 1.1.2007, who will be named Kaylee.
I have a 7 year old son, who is estatic over having a baby sister FINALLY!
I am a nurse, I work 2nd shift at a nursing home.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page