Mothering Forum banner

Exercising Mommies week of 5/7-5/13

920 views 21 replies 12 participants last post by  *~Danielle~* 
#1 ·
Anyone is welcome to give or get motivation to keep active while we gestate!

Well ladies it is almost 7a.m and I am planning to go for a walk this afternoon. We are going to church and then having guest for lunch. I'll check back later and update.

#2 ·
Thanks for setting up the thread, Danielle!

I'm also planning to go for a walk after church. I usually walk in the mornings, but the weekend is the one time when DH and I can usually walk together, and when I can walk as long as I want without having to get back in time to get ready for work.

Although, come to think of it, DH just quit his contract gig on Friday, so he may have more free time for walking in the morning in the future!

#5 ·
Does cutting the grass count? I have a big yard, a steep hill and a pushmower

I also played softball today. Our league is mildly competative & I'm the catcher. I bet I did 100 squats. My plan is to continue playing normally until the end of the first trimester. After that, I'll let the pitcher take plays at the plate. It's a co-ed league & I've had some hard collisions in the past. I think I'll be able to finish the spring season & maybe start summer, but I know I won't finish summer. I really like the game and it would be a good level of exercise for me, but the possibility of injury worries me.

I also trail run/hike a 4 mile loop several times a week & weight train a couple of times a week. My dog motivates me, so I won't be slacking off there anytime soon!

#7 ·
Yesterday was a beautiful day here, so we took all three boys to the zoo - it was great fun, and HOURS of walking, so that was good. Today was dismal weather...so we went and did some (indoor) outlet mall shopping. Again, hours of walking, so I think that counts!

#8 ·
DH and I walked yesterday, because DD was still at her Oma's house (all weekend away from me, and I'm not sure she really did want to come back) and I got up early this am to go to Curves.

Feeling pretty good.

#9 ·
I ate a brownie first thing this morning
and didn't go walking yesterday but today my goal is to get walking. I have bible study tonight but it is the YMCA in the morning at 6am.

#12 ·
DH and I took an nice 45 minute walk yesterday. I also did my physical therapy for my neck this morning, which I've been neglecting lately: it involves lying down on the floor and strapping myself into a contraption that realigns the curve in one's neck. I think I'll do stretching tonight and then start walking in the mornings again for the rest of the week.

#13 ·
I'd love to join you ladies! I plan to workout 3-5 times a week doing Cardio and 2-3 times a week doing strength training. I am also interested in doing some prenatal yoga. Anyone recommend a good dvd? Also, can I continue to workout my abs? If so are there limited excersises we can do?

My plans for today were to walk about 3 miles but since it is only 11 am and already 90 degrees I may wait to either walk after dinner or workout on my eliptical machine after Ashlynn goes to bed. I think I will also do a little strength training.

#16 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by mama2ashlynn
I'd love more info on your "birthball workout!"
Well, I guess you'd call it a work out ball....but I'm using it for labor. I don;t know much abouty the workout yet myself lol. I bought the tape for 50 cents at a garage sale last weekend. It's by Living Arts? I know I have coupl;e of their yoga videos with Rodney Yee. I liked it, but the video I have has a lot of abdominal exercises. I heard its best not to do too much of that while pg??

#17 ·
I went to the Y this morning and did 30 minutes on the eliptical trainer and then stretched. I did abs and inner and outer thigh. We went to the zoo yesterday afternoon and walked for 2 hours or so.

#18 ·
Wow! You guys are doing great! I skipped my run last Friday and then tried to fit it in all weekend but couldn't. So yesterday I had time, but I had a headache and finally felt a little queasy. I contemplated skipping again but decided to just start and I gave myself permission to stop if I felt worse. I made it through a whole 30 minute run! I felt great, the nausea stopped!

#21 ·
No six pack abs here, but trying not to gain the 50lbs I did with my first!

I did 25 minutes on the eliptical cross trainer today and I did lat pull downs and chest press machine.

#22 ·
Went to the Y this morning and did 25 minutes on the eliptical cross trainer and then did inner/outer thighs. I also stretched.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.