Mothering Forum banner

I broke out the early maternity pants...

1K views 20 replies 14 participants last post by  Jess_n'_the_bean 
#1 ·
that's right ladies. I got my box of maternity clothes down because I got tired of having my pants unzipped all day long and continually pulling them up because they were fallin' down.

Now, I'm not wearing full blown panel maternity pants, but I am wearing the stretch waist pants that I'll probably get through the next 3 months in. I can't believe my pants are already unconfortable at six weeks pregnant.
I wasn't even visibly pregnant with my first until 4 months along. I guess my body is all too ready to succomb to that round belly. I need to take pics so atleast in a month or two I will remember having a semi-small tummy.

Anyone else ready to wear maternity pants this early??

See less See more
#2 ·
I am not quite there yet.. but I still have a bit of a tummy from last time and I think its already getting poochier.. I am not sure if its just bloat or an actual tummy.. between the old tummy and the new, I feel like I already look 4 months pregnant and I am only a little over 5 weeks

michelle

#3 ·
I never stopped wearing them... LOL!!
actually I had bought these cute shorts at Old Navy about a month ago and only after I tried them on and thought wow they are so comfy did I realize they were maternity... (not panel just the extender button waist) anyhow..I bought them anyway... and low and behold..so they are my current favorite shorts..hehe..

#5 ·
laughup Zaxmama, that is hilarious! Most of my maternity stuff is Old Navy Maternity.

I'm not quite there with the momma panties, but it probably won't be long!

#7 ·
I'm still doing the pony tail holder through the button trick. It seems to be working right now - at least I can keep my low rise jeans up where they need to be. I have to wear long tops, though. Otherwise, it looks like my fly is unzipped.

Last night dh and I had a date and I couldn't find anything that looked good. I almost wore a new maternity top from Target. I actually looked four months pg! I only changed my mind b/c I was afraid we might run into people we know and we're not sharing the news yet. So, instead of looking cute and preggo, I looked pudgy.
:

This belly thing is crazy. In the am, my tummy is relatively flat, but by 5 p.m., boom! There it is.

#12 ·
Cellulite dimples
You ladies are cracking me up. Trust me, I've got more cottage cheese on my thighs then should be allowed!

Jessica, your belly is so sweet and smooth. Mine is like jiggly and not smooth. I'm jealous.

#13 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by *~Danielle~*
Cellulite dimples
You ladies are cracking me up. Trust me, I've got more cottage cheese on my thighs then should be allowed!

Jessica, your belly is so sweet and smooth. Mine is like jiggly and not smooth. I'm jealous.
That is just with clothes on top. If I would have pulled my pants down its a bit more flabby then it looks.

#16 ·
Hi mamas! This is my first little one so I'm guessing the poochy belly I have right now is bloat and not actual belly? Isn't it normal for moms who've had babies already to show earlier than first time moms? Is it totally crazy that I have a poochy belly at 5 weeks??

Of course, it's not any easier that I was on higher side of my normal weight when I got my BFP. So maybe my belly is just fat…

Too bad I have to dress still for my corporate job. Only two more weeks!

#21 ·
same with me, mzfern...I am first time mama and definitely feeling bloated...i was saying to a friend yesterday that it feels 'harder' than just a flabby belly

i am 7w4d - my husband keeps telling me that i am pushing out my belly on purpose b/c i am so excited to be preggers!! i don't think i am, but maybe unconsciously ...

one thing i had to do very early on was take off my wedding ring because my fingers were so puffy...water retention already!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.