Mamas due in late January - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 31 Old 05-20-2006, 08:36 AM - Thread Starter
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This is when my due date buddies will miss AF.

I found out so early, 10 dpo, I've just been antsy to find somebody else "due" on the same day.

I'm still intimidated by those due earlier than me. Especially since I know I'm probably going to birth sometime in February.

Any other mamas due in late January?
#2 of 31 Old 05-20-2006, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_work_in_progress

I'm still intimidated by those due earlier than me.

Well, I put my due date at the 21st, is that too pregnant? I'm SO not intimidating

I have a question for you actually, since I noticed you already have 3 kids. Do you get pregnancy cravings and were they different for different kids, specifically, different for boys and girls (I actually didn't notice what your boy:girl ratio is)

Anyway, just something I was thinking about right now, as I dream about drinking hot sauce straight outta the bottle
#3 of 31 Old 05-20-2006, 10:52 AM - Thread Starter
Banned

I have 2 girls and 1 boy.

With 1 girl, I craved chicken.

With the other girl, I craved fruits.

And with my boy, I craved all that is carb-o-liscious! (pasta, bread, etc.)

No real cravings yet... except fruit juices. Another girl?
#4 of 31 Old 05-20-2006, 11:07 AM

I'm due the 23rd! Thats later January... I don't know if I will go that far though. I was early with my first.
#5 of 31 Old 05-20-2006, 11:23 AM

well i guess i have the latest january due date so far. i am due 1/28/07. so i am just barely 4 weeks. i got a faint, faint line at 10dpo too. i waited to confirm it until 14 dpo. i was thinking the same thing, that i will most likely deliver in february. i think i have another 2 or 3 weeks before i start feeling any food cravings or nausea. i have been having all kinds of pain in my uterus (i guess) ever since this baby was conceived though. sort of like cramps or ovulation pain. that is my major symptom and it is what clued me in that i might be pregnant before i could test. thanks for starting this thread!
#6 of 31 Old 05-20-2006, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_work_in_progress
I have 2 girls and 1 boy.

With 1 girl, I craved chicken.

With the other girl, I craved fruits.

And with my boy, I craved all that is carb-o-liscious! (pasta, bread, etc.)

No real cravings yet... except fruit juices. Another girl?
Yeah, this morning was the first day that I had that "I DON'T want that, and I MUST eat that right now!" feeling. Eggs and hot sauce. Followed by about 15 pepperocinis .
#7 of 31 Old 05-20-2006, 12:11 PM

I'm due Jan 22 - but DS was 2 weeks late. So I'm thinking this will be a February baby. I'm not having any real cravings yet, or nausea. I think from the first time that both cravings and nausea set in around week 6 or 7, along with fatigue. So this week and next I am running around trying to finish up some projects ... Friday I painted the front of the garage, today I am hard at work in the garden, I'm working on my lecture materials for the fall semester, etc.
#8 of 31 Old 05-20-2006, 12:22 PM

I'm due the 25th, with #3. So far things have been very different, I have been havig symptoms earlier than with my other 2 and my emotional state is very different. I feel very pregnant even though I'm not very far along and also feeling very "in my head", and secretive about the pregnancy. Not sure why.

Anyway, I dont know what to expect about early or late... I had DS at 38w exactly but DD waited until 1 day before her due date... maybe I cook them longer each time! I'd like to get close to my due date, my DS though not physically undercooked at 8 lb 2 oz was immature neurologically and I think my DD benefitted from being in there a little longer. (Remind me I said that when I'm 38w and miserable! )
#9 of 31 Old 05-20-2006, 02:45 PM

SOmeone else who craves pepperocinis (sp?) I'm addicted to those things when pg (or was the first time and they still sound delicious so hey)

I'm due on the 24th. SUspect I'll go sometime around the 24th. DS was 3 days early so we'll see
#10 of 31 Old 05-20-2006, 10:29 PM

Jan 22 here, and I just started feeling stuff, no craving, but I really tired today.
Plus my feet HURT!!!!!!!!
and my nipples : breastfeeding kills!
#11 of 31 Old 05-20-2006, 11:19 PM
Fay

Due Jan. 25, but I expect this one will be late (on my side of the family, all mothers carry the baby 41 or 42 weeks), so I may be looking at Feb. 1 or so. I'm worried about labor induction, so I'll probably see an acupuncturist as the due date approaches.

As for cravings, with DS it was citrus all the time. 8 pounds of oranges every week for 41 weeks, even before I knew I was pg, plus gallons of lemonade and OJ. I also had a strong aversion to sugary pastries. Right now I'm craving protein and leafy greens. I bought some basil and parsley plants at the farmer's market this morning so that we can have fresh pesto all summer.

Jesilynne, I'm sorry you're feeling lousy. I hope you get some rest tonight. I'm also tired and sore, but happy to have the symptoms to remind me that my bean is growing. I'm so happy to be pregnant again!

"Isn't life a series of images that change as they repeat themselves?" - Andy Warhol
#12 of 31 Old 05-20-2006, 11:23 PM

I'm due the 18th, but my family has a strong proclivity for late arrivals (I was 6 weeks late , and had my brother not been a scheduled c/s, the expected he would have been about the same...same for my mom's brothers and sisters...all 13 of 'em!), so I'd be very surprised if I actually went in January
#13 of 31 Old 05-20-2006, 11:39 PM

Ah, one of the first signs...I must have pregnancy head! I just posted this reply with a EDD of 1/27... My 'due' date is NOT the 27th, it is the 23rd. Thank goodness for the edit! (I wonder, however, if it will happen on the 27th now? ...Hmmm...)

I took a ept on Mothers Day for fun and it showed neg (not so fun) but I didn't get my period even though I have felt s/s like lucsmama

Quote:
i have been having all kinds of pain in my uterus (i guess) ever since this baby was conceived though. sort of like cramps or ovulation pain.
And sore boobies...will my wee breasts be able to handle that amazing suction power some day?!!! Shiver me timbers...the thought of it!

So, we took the test again this morning and wow are we amazed! +!

Finally I am a mother on mothering! Paige
#14 of 31 Old 05-20-2006, 11:40 PM

I am EXTREMELY tired. And I have been extremely STARVING. NO cravings yet, I just want anything all the time!! Well, OK, I'm a little more into milk than normal, but I think that has more to do with thinking that I SHOULD be drinking it.

I'm FINALLY NOT hungry tonight--but for lunch, I went with friends to Ruby Tuesday and had most of a sirloin stacker meal....even though DS did eat about a third of my steak! (HUGE meal, a couple of my friends split another one of the stackers) Plus I ordered the salad bar, so I had salad, broccoli and ranch, and a bit of fruit DS didn't eat with it.

Oh and I came home and ate most of a (small, like 2 person) thai chicken pizza for dinner...DS probably ate a VERY SMALL piece and I threw out some more I'd cut up for him, just a tiny bit though. (That was about 7, lunch was noon...)

I'm going to be in the doghouse with DH though, I talked to him right before I went into Target 'oh yeah baby, I'll pick up some coffee...' Guess what I JUST realized I forgot? YUP. (I was going to buy the half-caff so I could have a bit too)

lovin DH since 1/04, SAHM to 3 boys 10/04, 11/08, 11/10 one girlie (1/07), and one 13 wk (10/13) just your average :ha ng multigenerational living family!!
#15 of 31 Old 05-26-2006, 05:09 PM

My EDD is Jan 31/07. This will be babe #4. I have heartburn all the time and hugs make me almost jump out of my skin!! (sore breasts -- like crazy!) I have Water with me where ever I go.
#16 of 31 Old 05-27-2006, 12:03 PM

Hello everyone!! I'm due January 30th! I'm so happy to be here with you all. So far, I have sore bbs, my lower back is killing me, and I've had some ligiment pain already. I didn't have any of that until ten weeks with my son, so I was really surprised to feel a little stretching so soon.
#17 of 31 Old 05-27-2006, 03:18 PM

My edd is Jan. 22. So far I've had both cravings and aversion for eggs (go figure) and major onion rings cravings. Onion rings and potato salad were my cravings last time around.

I'm just really tired and feeling sick. This was the same last time, right from before I even knew I was pregnant. Only this time I'm chasing a toddler around! Before his nap today he already managed to pull all the plastic bags out of the bag holder, spread my recycling all over the laundry room floor, toss cheerios all over my kitchen . . . I don't think I"ll get to crash quite as much this pregnancy. But maybe I' won't notice how sick and tired I am becuase I'll be too busy.

Jill , mom to Andrew (09/04), Aaron(01/07), and Emma (11/09)
#18 of 31 Old 05-29-2006, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neldavi
Yeah, this morning was the first day that I had that "I DON'T want that, and I MUST eat that right now!" feeling. Eggs and hot sauce. Followed by about 15 pepperocinis .
I am like that, too! I could DRINK tabasco sauce. It is eight in the morning, and just thinking of tabasco on some cheesy scrambled eggs.... mmmmm!

ETA: my EDD is January 25!

Jean, happy HS mom to Peter (5), Daniel (9) and Lucie (2) and also someone new... baby.gif
#19 of 31 Old 05-29-2006, 03:52 PM

I'm due the 31st.

Taylor, committed to my Soldier. Lovin' my boys. Gabriel ('05) , Xavier ('07) and Mason ('09). Proud HBAC mama x 2.
#20 of 31 Old 05-29-2006, 10:12 PM

My edd is Jan 20th.

Hi Jilly!!! I feel the exact same way. I am feeling sooo sick and tired, just like last time. But Kate is keeping me so busy, I don't know if I'll be able to rest at all!
#21 of 31 Old 05-30-2006, 01:37 AM

I am due January 30. I found out 9 DPO, may 20. Baby #3 for us.
#22 of 31 Old 05-30-2006, 12:23 PM

I'm due late Jan or early Feb. I'm unsure of exact dates, which is driving me crazy!

So far, I'm just feeling tired. I'm normally a night owl but have no trouble falling asleep early these days. No nausea yet, but I'm sure it will come in the following weeks. Trying to brace myself for it... ugh. I'm exercising and eating as healthy as possible in hopes that it will help it not be as bad.

Happily married, busy mom to a houseful :-)

Expecting again early Oct 2014!

#23 of 31 Old 05-30-2006, 07:15 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I am due January 24. I have not been to an appointment yet, but I'm extremely regular and I know that is what they will say. I went one day early with first dd, so I imagine I will be on time or early this go-round.

I am so tired right now, I don't know how I will survive this pregnancy. Literally. My dd is with grandparents right now, because we moved and I have been sleeping in late every morning while dh works on the house and taking naps all day long. I feel nausea already (which last time went well into the 16th week, which means 10 more weeks of this possibly).

I already posted about this separately, but I'm not having a great time dealing with this pregnancy. It was somewhat unexpected (as in I wanted to wait at least a few more months and it happened after one time of carelessness) and I am weighing in 35-40 pounds over my last beginning of preg. weight, so I'm a little down. (Has anyone ever had to cut their wedding rings off at 6 weeks? Because depressingly enough, i think I'm there.)
#24 of 31 Old 05-31-2006, 04:56 PM

I'm technically due 1/29/07, but I don't set a lot of store in actual due dates. I will be aiming for "late winter" ... or when "it's possible to maybe have snow." This will be our 8th child, and we're considering a UC this time.

Blessings,
Toni
#25 of 31 Old 05-31-2006, 05:08 PM

Hi Toni, we're expecting our 7th. I'm very independent and private during pregnancy & labor, so the idea of uc really intrigues me. Every pregnancy I dream of it happening that way sort of accidentally, and actually a couple of times the midwives have barely made it in time. I don't know my technical due date... either late Jan or the first few days of Feb is as close as I can get. I'm going with Feb in my mind, since I tend to carry my babies a bit past my edd.

Happily married, busy mom to a houseful :-)

Expecting again early Oct 2014!

#26 of 31 Old 05-31-2006, 10:29 PM

Well, I am due somewhere between Jan. 14th and Feb. 1st...I'm not sure when exactly and I'm not sure I care about finding out for sure. I am so EXHAUSTED, I am nauseated every once in awhile. I am craving random things, dairy sometimes, then carbs, then fruit and veggies. My poor boobs are SO sore and I am bf'ing my 15 month old dd...and she does somersaults and other acrobatics while nursing.
#27 of 31 Old 06-01-2006, 11:51 AM

I'll bet my edd is 1/25/07. But for my own sanity I'm thinking early february.

Feeling pretty good so far. This is our first so I'm absolutely curious to see how my body will react to all the changes in store. I have sore sore breasts (how I love a bra right now!) and just starting to feel a little queasy. but, that could just be me. I do that sometimes!
#28 of 31 Old 06-09-2006, 05:08 PM

I just had my first dr's appt and I'm due Feb. 1 now, instead of Jan 22. So I don't know what I'm doing as far as DDC. I'll hop back and forth until I feel comfortable in one,I guess.

What is UC? Does that mean a completely independent birth? I guess if you're on # 7 or 8 you pretty much know what you're doing.

Jill , mom to Andrew (09/04), Aaron(01/07), and Emma (11/09)
#29 of 31 Old 06-09-2006, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neldavi
Followed by about 15 pepperocinis .
OMG! I stand at the kitchen sink and eat pepperoncini's 10 at a time right out of the jar! My husband thinks I am a freak! Glad to know I am not alone.
#30 of 31 Old 06-12-2006, 11:13 AM

I just had my first m/w appt and u/s and I too am now due Feb. 1st.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page