No panel mat clothes - Mothering Forums

#1 of 7 Old 05-30-2006, 09:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Have you tried them they are to die for ... I will not be buying any nasty panel pants used or new this time around. I don't know if they were out 3ish yrs ago but I am in love with them. I can wear them now at 6 wks (Yes I need them already) and no ones the wiser they are mat clothes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 05-30-2006, 10:24 PM

I'm not into my maternity clothes just yet. Last time around I absoultely couldn't stand anything over my belly. Thank goodness for the comfy under-belly wide elastic. So comfortable. I'm expecting that it won't be too many more weeks before I start putting them on. It is so hot here that I also can't see having that extra layer of fabric coming all the way up to my boobs. Yuck! I agree that the low no-panel pants look more "normal."
#3 of 7 Old 05-31-2006, 03:44 AM
L J

I have spent waaayyy too much money in the past 36 hours on eBay buying maternity clothes, mostly pants, since waking up two days ago and realizing that nothing I own fits (or even comes close) anymore.

I refuse to buy the full panel styles!!! I have bought 5 pair of pants- 3 demi and 2 with no panel, and I am determined to stay in them until January!

Laura, mama to Henry 01.28.07 uc.jpg
candle.gif missing Jack, born still in the car 08.23.10 at 36 weeks 
Loving on Catherine, my  rainbow1284.gif 09.01.11, UC

#4 of 7 Old 05-31-2006, 11:29 AM

LJ - Ebay can be addictive can't it? I bought a huge lot of GAP maternity clothes last week. There are really some good deals to be found, if you can come up with a good bidding strategy. I always turn into a jittery mess right at the end of an auction I want to win. I'm hopeful about reselling the clothes later, as even the used clothes seem to be fetching a decent amount of money.
#5 of 7 Old 05-31-2006, 12:15 PM

Last pregnancy, I swore I'd never wear those full panel clothes...and I didn't...until the very end, and that was all that felt good to wear.
#6 of 7 Old 05-31-2006, 06:33 PM

Yeah, I never bought the panels and I don't intend to this time. I thought they were scary. Okay, and how cute is this?:

Anyway, I still have maternity clothes from last time, but I was huge in the summer, so I don't know if my shorts will fit this time around, I may have to just buy some low rise shorts a few sizes bigger than I normally wear to get through -- last time I didnt' really need maternity clothes until the 4th month or so. And I'll have to buy some sweaters and a pair of jeans in the winter, but that's a long way off, do I'm not too worried. I might be able to mooch some somewhere before then.

Jill , mom to Andrew (09/04), Aaron(01/07), and Emma (11/09)
#7 of 7 Old 05-31-2006, 08:09 PM
Banned

I have a pair of full panel jeans from my last pregnancy and I picked up a pair of full panel pants for work (I work in a restaurant) at the thrift store for $5. Other than that, I'll have to see how it goes. I've had 2 c-sections and the no panel pants always hit right at the scar and cause irritation as I get bigger. I just really *hate* how the panels look so I might have to deal with the irritation this time.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page