I just feel like something's going to go wrong! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-06-2006, 10:55 PM - Thread Starter
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I don't know... I'm just not feeling this. I keep having this premonition that something is going to go wrong... either with the pregnancy, or birth, or that the baby is going to have a birth defect. I've had this premonition since BEFORE I got pregnant, that if I had another child there would be something wrong with him/her. Turns out the dad was born with a birth defect that can be passed on to the child. That, in addition to complication rates of 3% in the general population, and the fact that I was on meds when I got pregnant, and have an illness associated with certain birth defects (over 25% rate of birth defects in one study)... I feel the odds are against me. I just feel so detached from this all. I know there's a 68% chance the baby won't have a birth defect... but still... 32% seems rather high, and bothersome.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-06-2006, 10:59 PM

Just wanted to say, I went through a very "detached" couple of weeks (maybe even a month) during early pregnancy with DS. I stopped journaling, I wasn't giddy excited anymore, etc. I think that it's somewhat normal to have doubts and fears, especially early on.

Be gentle with yourself, and hope for the best. We'll be hoping right along with you!
Old 06-13-2006, 02:01 PM

This is my first child and I keep feeling like something is going to go wrong, but unlike you I have been feeling like I am not going to make it through this pregnancy. I've been ill or at least increadibly nauseated from about day 5.... I am having increadible bouts of rapid heart beats (me not the baby) and have had some strange forboding sense that I am not going to make it through child-birth alive.

We were planning on getting in better shape (we are not crazy unhealthy just not at our ideal selves) we were then going to be getting married next year when we found out we are expecting... I am feeling like I'd rather not have this baby and it's freaking me out b/c I NEVER thought in a million years that I would feel this way.

Do you have fears about yourself or just the baby? Is this "normal" anxiety for early pregnancy?
Old 06-13-2006, 02:45 PM - Thread Starter
Banned

I have some fears about my own safety, due to my own illnesses. Pregnancy is an extra strain on it. But, that's not where my main concern lies. It just feels like something will be wrong with the child. I also recently found out (well, I knew before, I just now remembered) that the father's sister was born with cancer.

User Tag List