Pregnant after mc - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-11-2006, 11:19 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Anyone here pregnant after mc or a bout of infertility?

I am currently 7.5 weeks pregnant. My last pregnancy ended with a mc in 4/05 and then we had difficulty ttc. We did an IUI in May and concieved finally. We already have a 2 year old son. Its hard to sit with all the worry of being pregnant again. Every pain, twinge or whatever brings fear. Anyone else dealing with similiar issues?

Kerry, happy wife to hubby Chad, mama to ds 6, Rainbow ds 2, and 4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-11-2006, 03:40 PM

Not from you ddc but I had total 5 m/c, 4 of them in a row. There is a support thread for moms after pregnancy loss.
Old 06-11-2006, 03:47 PM

I am not pregnant yet, but know what you mean. I had a mc in March at 5.5 weeks and if I ever get perg again I will be a nutcase! Just take it day by day and seek support.. liekt he op said.

Hugs!!
Old 06-11-2006, 04:03 PM
Fay

I had 2 m/c's this past year and was nervous when I tested positive again in May (I'm also at 7.5 weeks). So far everything feels right, though I feel anxious every time I wake up not feeling queasy or whenever I get a little twinge on my uterine ligaments. DH and I really want this baby, and I pray that yours is sticky one, too.

"Isn't life a series of images that change as they repeat themselves?" - Andy Warhol
Old 06-11-2006, 07:22 PM

I had a m/c in December 2005, and am now about 9.5 weeks or so...and I've been a nervous wreck since the day I got a positive HPT! Even the first u/s (which showed a heartbeat) didn't really reassure me. We're going for a second one this week and are praying everything looks OK, since last time I went until 12 weeks thinking everything was fine. But, I've been feeling more comfortable the last week or so since I just decided to be optimistic until I have a reason not to be!

Sticky babies for us all!!!
Old 06-11-2006, 07:26 PM

Not your ddc, but this pregnancy is my first after a mc in 2004, and I was never so glad to get morning sickness before!

I found that the agonizing over everything went away when I passed the GA of my mc, but that's just me.

mama to Max (2/02) and Sophie (10/06); wife to my fabulous girl
Old 06-11-2006, 11:00 PM

I am 9 weeks today and my last pg, Nov. 05, ended in a m/c very early, but the loss was at 7.5 weeks. I have been a wreck with this pg... I requested an early u/s after some spotting in week 6, found a HB and everything looked good! It doesn't help that I donated a kidney to my Dad in Feb. and we weren't suppose to TTC until June. I went off the pill so we could have a normal cycle or two, and got PG!! Although I am not labeled high risk and still seeing mw's, I am worried about my kidney, worried about getting pree, worried about m/c, worried about being RH neg., worried, worried, worried! It doesn't help that I don't get much morning sickness, so I feel pretty good, but that just makes me worry more! I have week 12 marked on the calander! Of course, then I'll probably just worry more about pre-e! My two year old does a good job distracting me though

sleepytime.gifC.- WOHM, CPST Instructor, and all around busy Mama to  blowkiss.gifA.- 02/04, bouncy.gif I. 01/07,babyf.gifE. 09/10 and

stork-suprise.gif expecting the surprise of our lives Fall 2012!

Old 06-12-2006, 11:56 AM

This is my third pregnancy in the pas 14 months. I am also very scared. I did have some spotting early on too that was bright red and freaked me out. But everything is fine so far. We got to see the heartbeat and it looks like its going to stick.

Though I'm a little embarressed to say one night I woke up with the worst stomach cramps and thought for certain that I was losing the baby, then I um passed a lot of gas and was fine.

Hang in there only a few more weeks to go. It's really difficult after having a miscarriage, it really seems to change things. I know I have had a very difficult time attatching myself to this pregnancy.
Old 06-12-2006, 03:04 PM

We tried for 3 years before I was able to get pregnant. And that was after many, many months of hormone therapy and then 2 rounds of Clomid. We had the IUI scheduled but luckily we conceived on the 2nd round. I am currently 9w3d and we were first told that we would be having twins but one of them quit growing so we have one beautiful little bean now.

I have been concerned all along because I haven't had any morning sickness or really any symptoms other than an "off" day here and there. I have also had 4 ultrasounds already. Luckily my doctor is really good about letting me have them for piece of mind.
Old 06-12-2006, 06:42 PM

I had a m/c is January, 2002 and had a healthy baby in April, 2003. I understand being scared at every little pain, etc. I am still that way and am 10 weeks along this time. I just pray and hope for the best for all of us.
Old 06-13-2006, 02:32 PM

I'm not from your DDC, but I wanted to share my story. I think that after any pregnancy loss, you never have the same kind of innocently positive outlook, since you're aware of all that can go wrong. But the good news is, the chances of your pregnancy going perfectly smoothly are excellent. The trick is to just convince yourself that all is right, and then you start to believe it. I find that whenever I start to doubt or fear something being wrong, I tell myself in my head over and over "My baby is growing healthy and strong, my body knows what to do, everything is fine", or other such positive self-talk. It works!

I had a miscarriage at 14 weeks last year (June...I hate June...), followed a few weeks later by an ectopic pregnancy (it was an evil summer). Needless to say, this pregnancy has been full of anxiety which I've had to work hard to dissipate. But everything is going very well this time around (and I'm due in November, again!), so each week gives me more and more comfort.

Try, try, try as hard as you can to focus on the positive, take deep breaths, do some positive self-talk, or whatever helps you get through these next few weeks/months.

A + J = Miriam (November 2006) and Raymond (June 2010)
Old 06-13-2006, 03:40 PM

I'm also hoping for a sticky after 2 mc in the past year, and share with you the feeling that every twinge is the beginning of another loss - completely nerve-wracking. Blech!

It's great to hear so many positive stories. Best of mama-vibes to us all!

read.gif, mom to wild.gif and dust.gif, partner to malesling.GIF
Old 06-14-2006, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2boys
Though I'm a little embarressed to say one night I woke up with the worst stomach cramps and thought for certain that I was losing the baby, then I um passed a lot of gas and was fine.
I had the same thing happen last night! I panicked! I was putting DD down and was SURE, SURE, SURE, I would go to the bathroom and pass blood. Instead, I passed gas, LOL! I have had some more cramps today from my upset tummy and I keep trying to remind myself that it's intestinal!

It's hard not to worry!

sleepytime.gifC.- WOHM, CPST Instructor, and all around busy Mama to  blowkiss.gifA.- 02/04, bouncy.gif I. 01/07,babyf.gifE. 09/10 and

stork-suprise.gif expecting the surprise of our lives Fall 2012!

Old 06-14-2006, 07:00 PM

I had a partial molar pregnancy in March 2004. From my research a partial molar preg is when 2 sperm fert. 1 egg. The chromosome count is too high.

An embryo formed but only grew to about 7wks and then the placental material just went crazy, growing and growing and filling up my uterus. (We weren't sure how far along I was because I still hadn't started having my moon again after having my son. He was 2 and still nursing heavily.) One week my fundal height (?) was 10cm the next it was 14cm. I had to have a D&C because with molar pregs there isn't a spontanious miscarrage. It was hard and weird: .

I am 11wks now. Yesterday we were having a consultation interview with a midwife. She had done some research about molar preg. before our visit. One of the first things she did was suggest we try to get a heart beat so that I could put my mind at ease and we would know how we should continue. Instantly we got the rapid whoosh, whoosh, whoosh . The releaf was great. I finally felt that, "yeh, okay I am preg." I haven't been trying to be skeptical but it is like my subconscious self is just taking care not to get too invested.

Our midwife scheduled an u/s for Fri. just to make sure the placenta is growing normally and that there isn't anything else growing in there with our little friend. After Fri. I hope to be clear of worries and focus on having a healthy baby.

Peace to you all!
Old 06-15-2006, 03:57 PM

I had a miscarriage last September. I had spotted off and on since about 10 weeks... there was no heartbeat at 13 weeks. I finally miscarried at 20 weeks. It was weird... I went through a full labor and passed a small placenta with no sign of a baby but a few calcifications. Anyway, I'm nervous now over every little twinge, and grateful for every sign of pregnancy. I'm currently at 7.3 weeks. Not sure when I'll be over the nervous part, since it dragged on so far last time. I had two previous miscarriages between my last few children, but they were all early.

I am not seeing any practitioner for this pregnancy, so I am on my own. I do have a friend who is a midwife, so I may be able to get hearttones checked every so often if I get too nervous. In my experience, drs and midwives have not been a lot of help during miscarriages. It is like they don't know how to react to someone going through one.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this one sticks...

User Tag List