Anyone feel huge already? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 16 Old 06-12-2006, 12:34 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am only just 7 weeks and this weekend I had to start wearing my maternity pants because I am completely showing. To the point that I had women smiling at my belly at the mall today. : What the?! Is this just because its #3? I did show early with my last two (fully in maternity pants at 12w and 9w) but this seems crazy to me.

I went on a retreat this weekend and had to tell because people were guessing already!

Tell me I'm not alone. I feel like I'm rushing into it, but even my biggest button pants dont fit any more. Its annoying because I dont feel ready to tell but between my big boobs and huge belly I dont have to say a word!

Should I ask my mw to send me for an u/s to look for twins? My hubby and I are panicked at the merest thought.
#2 of 16 Old 06-12-2006, 07:16 AM
L J

You aren't alone. People have been asking me for two weeks now when I am due, and they usually guess I'm about 4-5 months. I just don't get it. I have been completely in maternity clothes since 6 weeks (I'm 8.5w today).

I have only gained 4 pounds I think (it fluctuates slightly) and this is my first baby. I wasn't either tiny or big to begin with, pretty average (size 6).

I just completely don't get it. lol. I hear that its very normal to show more with subsequent pregnancies, though, so I doubt you have anything to worry about as far as twins go. You aren't feeling twin vibes are you?

Laura, mama to Henry 01.28.07 uc.jpg
candle.gif missing Jack, born still in the car 08.23.10 at 36 weeks 
Loving on Catherine, my  rainbow1284.gif 09.01.11, UC

#3 of 16 Old 06-12-2006, 09:11 AM

Yeah, me too. I think I look about four months pregnant already, and I am not quite 11 weeks!
#4 of 16 Old 06-12-2006, 11:48 AM

Yeah, I'm having my 3rd too. I had to start telling b/c it was pretty obvious. Except for my baggiest, most unattractive t-shirts, my tops are all too short. I have two pairs of pants and no shorts that fit. I'm 10 wks & I've gained 4 pounds. I gave away all my maternity clothes after my last baby, so until I acquire some more, I'm doing lots of laundry!

homeschool.gif mom to dd (11) read.gifand dd (9) crochetsmilie.gif and ds (3) bikenew.gif and  dog2.gif(x2)
#5 of 16 Old 06-12-2006, 01:06 PM

I look at least 3 mths and am 8 wks. I don't want to pull out the mat clothes yet as I will be in them shortly anyways. I just wear really low rise pants and longer t's and sweaters.
I have 2 friends who are due with there 2nd and 3rd children at the same time as me and they don't nearly have the same belly. I think it must have something to do with how thin you are. My heavy friends probably won't be showing for a while. I think they are a little jealous of my baby belly.
#6 of 16 Old 06-12-2006, 02:17 PM
Banned

I'm a bit freaked out because on all these boards, mamas are talking about how they're showing already, and there's even pictures... and I feel like I barely have a pregnant belly bulge! I've gained 2 lbs so far. My pants aren't snug yet. I've only thrown up 3 times so far, and I'm 7 ½ weeks along. I know I'm pregnant, and this baby isn't going anywhere. The only signs I have right now are highly emotional, and acne. HORMONES! Bah.
#7 of 16 Old 06-12-2006, 02:36 PM

Yep. I'm 9 weeks today and have been wearing maternity clothes for about a week and a half already. This is baby #3 and my muscle tone is definitley not what it should be, so my belly seems huge. I've only gained 1 lb so far, so it is just everything moving up and out. I can still wear my jeans with them unbuttoned and a rubber band holding the top together, but my shirts are too short, so all I can wear are maternity tops or big ugly baggy tshirts. Thankfully the maternity clothes are so cute these days!
#8 of 16 Old 06-12-2006, 03:36 PM

I was lucky enough to get to wear my fat jeans a total of 2 months after the last pg weight loss and before they were just too tight and bothersome across the belly. With this babe being so close to the last I'm not really surprised I already have a bulge I miss jeans
#9 of 16 Old 06-12-2006, 04:45 PM

Me too! Me too! I look as pregnant as I did with ds at 20 weeks! Anyone have experience with this before? Did you continue to look exponentially more pregnant? Does it plateau? Am I going to look like it's quadruplets or just explode by 9 months???

read.gif, mom to wild.gif and dust.gif, partner to malesling.GIF
#10 of 16 Old 06-12-2006, 04:51 PM

It's my second baby and I've already had comments from people like: "wowo you're pregnant!". I saw the midwife last week, I already heard the baby's heartbeat! She thought it might be farther along than I though, though we estimate I was at 10 weeks, or possibly twins.

I'll see for sure I suppose at the ultrasound. My due date is january 1, 2007.
#11 of 16 Old 06-13-2006, 01:20 AM - Thread Starter

I dont feel like its twins, but my husband had it suddenly occur to him as a possibility and now we are both panicked. We really wavered on having a third, the thought of a third AND fourth is completely fear-inducing. : It hadnt honestly occurred to me as a possibility, really. Watch Nature kick me for my naivete.
#12 of 16 Old 06-13-2006, 01:38 AM

I feel huge because I have been eating too much Like I kept saying with my last pregnancy....I can't wait until I look pregnant and not just fat!
#13 of 16 Old 06-13-2006, 01:38 AM

oops, double post!
#14 of 16 Old 06-13-2006, 02:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_work_in_progress
I'm a bit freaked out because on all these boards, mamas are talking about how they're showing already, and there's even pictures... and I feel like I barely have a pregnant belly bulge! I've gained 2 lbs so far. My pants aren't snug yet. I've only thrown up 3 times so far, and I'm 7 ½ weeks along. I know I'm pregnant, and this baby isn't going anywhere. The only signs I have right now are highly emotional, and acne. HORMONES! Bah.
Thank God! I'm glad 'm not the only one! I haven't thrown up at all, just a lot of queeziness. My pants are sung, but only because I've started eating like a cow and put on weight. Believe me, I'm only 8 wks, so it's likely not baby weight. I haven't told anyone, yet, so in some ways, I'm glad I'm not showing. And yet, damnit, I'm pregnant, and I want to look it!

If I feel low on my stomach (where I imagine my uterus to be), I swear I can FEEL that it's swelling. But I imagine that's probably wishful thinking, too!
#15 of 16 Old 06-13-2006, 10:09 AM

I started with the maternity clothes in week 7. Now I am full blown...lol I can't wear anything that I used to other than DH's tee shirts. When we first found out, it was twins but now we have one little bean so I feel like the growth has slowed a bit but I am definetly developing a "bump" at only 9.5 weeks.
#16 of 16 Old 06-13-2006, 02:22 PM

I felt like I was 5 months pregnant when I was only 7 weeks this time! I am huge now!

The problem is that most people just assume I have eaten too many cookies because my baby is still so young people don't think to ask if it is just a baby in there not cookies!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page