My 8wk appt (reassurance needed) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-12-2006, 07:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
had my appt today. I haven't told you guys but once a week I have had spotting (very light and brown). Friday I had this with cramps. My dr is sending me Fri for a u/s just incase of a blighted ovum or m/c. In my heart I feel I am still pg.... I pee all the time, I feel sick off and on, my nipples are sore. As dh said I am still eating for two... LOL
I am trying not to worry but its so hard not too.... I may just hibernate until Friday.
BTW I gained 5 lbs already... eek
Can anyone give my some reassurance.... like I said I feel pg and my gut instinct says I am fine. I spotted my whole pg with m but it didn't start until later.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-12-2006, 08:15 PM - Thread Starter

I guess things must be more serious than I thought so many ppl have looked at this thread... nobody has left any responses... :
Old 06-12-2006, 08:28 PM

I don't have any insight, but I'm hoping everything is okay! Your gut instinct being positive is a good sign I would say.
Old 06-12-2006, 08:34 PM

I am sorry. I feel like I had to reply. It can be ether way - only u/s can clear your concerns. Is there any way to schedule u/c for earlier date? Waiting can be nervracking. If he had u/s machine in his office - I whould demand the u/s done first thing tomorrow - you can simply explain that it is unbearable for you to wait that long. My dr has a machine, so every time he suspect a problem we just go to the u/s room - no separate appointments needed. I am sending you positive vibes.
Old 06-12-2006, 08:49 PM

Well, I can provide some statistical comfort:

7 out of 10 women who have bleeding during pregnancy go on to carry the baby to term.

There was also a study that I think is about 5 years old that concluded that "Maternal perception of fetal well-being was the most accurate indicator of the health of the baby"

So there are two things in your favor. Bleeding in pregnancy can be so scary. Friday seems like a long way away, I pray the week goes quickly for you.
Old 06-12-2006, 08:53 PM

I had tons of spotting during my 8th week that was just from implantation. Everything worked out fine, and I think it is a great sign that you feel positive. Good luck!
Old 06-12-2006, 09:21 PM

I spotted with my daughter right from the start and she's three now!
Just wanted to send some positive vibes your way!

:Mama to 2 :
Old 06-12-2006, 09:45 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the reassurance. Midwifetx you stats make me feel so much better. I really do feel in my heart I have a baby with a h/b who is developing.

My dr does not have an u/s in her office. She had seen three girls (including me) whom have the same edd and the same spotting problem today. When I went to radiology she said howbout tommorow and then relized she had just given that spot away. The u/s tech is only there mon, tues and fri. Small town...

Friday seems like an eternity... just praying and remaining positive for my baby bean to have an h/b.
Old 06-12-2006, 10:50 PM

Keeping you in my thoughts....take care
Old 06-12-2006, 11:15 PM

Don't worry Mama, everything will be just fine.. I had spotting and was freaking out waiting for my U/S but then I had it last wednesday and we saw the Ninjabean kicking and beating away!!! Think good thoughts.... we all have a long journey ahead of us..Together!!
Old 06-13-2006, 10:54 AM

It is very common between 8-9 weeks to have some spotting with slight cramping because your uterus is stretching to accomodate baby. I had the same thing happen to me a week ago. The blood was brownish and cramping was not super painful just annoying. We had an ultrasound and baby looked great.

Trying to build up my house, not tear it down namaste.gif.   Got 3 wonderful kids jumpers.gif  ribboncesarean.gif autismribbon.gif, blessed with a wonderful husband luxlove.gif and have the privilege of staying home full time to enjoy it all! 

Old 06-13-2006, 11:02 AM

I hope everything is okey for you. I also had a little spotting on the 8th week,just after intercourse with DH. I freaked out at first, then I checked online resources and saw that this is very common. A few days ago I went to my doctor, and told him about the spotting. He assured me that the baby was fine, he told me the cervix is very sensitive now, so it not the baby but the me who was bleeding.
Sending you positive vibes.
Old 06-13-2006, 11:04 AM

Good vibes and thoughts headed your way mama! Hope all is good.
Old 06-13-2006, 02:36 PM

I just wanted to tell you that with my last pregnancy I had a blighted ovum and it felt nothing like my first (successfull) pregnancy.
I kept telling DH that something wasn't right, it just felt wrong.
I didn't feel pregnant. I had some symptoms but it just felt wrong.
I think these kind of feelings can be very significant (especially with a woman who has already been pregnant -- so knows what feels right and what feels wrong).
Don't worry, there is nothing you can do until the ultrasound.
All of us here are hoping for you. Hugs
Old 06-13-2006, 03:42 PM

Like the pp poster said... I too had a blighted ovum my second pregnancy and I didn't feel right either. The only symptom I had was sore breasts. I knew something was up.

But this is my fourth pregnancy! And I know now... with hindsight that I can tell when everything is okay.

Just this past saturday at 8 wks 6 days I had some spotting. But then yesterday at my ultrasoun I was 9 wks 1 day and the baby was fine...'

Hang in there till Friday!
Old 06-13-2006, 07:33 PM

I just wanted to offer . I know it is going to work out okay for you and Baby. It is hard not to worry. Take good care of yourself, Mama.

Jean, happy HS mom to Peter (5), Daniel (9) and Lucie (2) and also someone new... baby.gif
Old 06-13-2006, 07:40 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the so many kinds words of support. You guys are so wonderful!
Old 06-13-2006, 07:44 PM

Hey, just wanted to add to the list... I had some spotting around my 8th week when I was pg with my dd. She'll be 2 in July. Good luck! The waiting game is awful! I had to do the same thing to confirm my dd was ok.
Old 06-14-2006, 12:13 PM

I bet everything will be fine, given how common spotting seems to be. I'm sending positive thoughts your way!!
Old 06-14-2006, 02:08 PM

Old 06-14-2006, 05:35 PM

I had some brown spotting during weeks 6 & 7. It came and went and was pretty heavy one day. I did have a m/c with my last PG and this was very different. With the m/c it was pink or bright red, once it started, it quickly progressed. This was brown and stringy, not much cramping, although definitly some and mostly only when I wiped. I had two HCG checks and an ultrasound and everything was fine! The biggest difference between the two, for me, was the lack of any symptoms AT ALL with the m/c. I had none, none at all. I don't get much morning sickness, but with this PG, I feel queasy off and on, I pee alot, I am tired, my bbs are sore and bigger... I feel different, KWIM? Good luck, keep us posted!

sleepytime.gifC.- WOHM, CPST Instructor, and all around busy Mama to  blowkiss.gifA.- 02/04, bouncy.gif I. 01/07,babyf.gifE. 09/10 and

stork-suprise.gif expecting the surprise of our lives Fall 2012!

User Tag List