Saliva - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 06-13-2006, 11:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Anyone else having an over-abundance of saliva? I think I remember this happening with my last pregnancy as well. Most of the time it's just a bit irritating, but when my m/s is really bad it makes me feel even sicker.
#2 of 3 Old 06-14-2006, 10:01 AM

Ugh. I really feel for you. I have been wanting to post to your M/S thread but have been TOO SICK to do that. I am feeling a little better now. There is a specific homeopathic remedy that corresponds to nausea made worse due to excessive salivation.

Here I copied this from a website:

Ipecacuanha – this is the number one homeopathic remedy for morning sickness. It is characterised by continuous nausea, sometimes accompanied by vomiting. The tongue is clean and the mouth does not have any odd tastes. There may be a lot of saliva produced.

Symphoricarpus – this is another commonly prescribed remedy in morning sickness. Here the nausea is very strong, it is made worse by food and any sort of motion. The nausea often leads to vomiting (more so than in Ipecac.) and has bitter tastes in the mouth. There might also be an accompanying constipation.

Sepia – this remedy is indicated if the person has a lot of tiredness and the morning sickness is made better by eating or exercise. The person also has a sensitivity to smells that can make the nausea worse.

Gossypium or Cocculus might be indicated if the person feels like they have constant motion sickness.

--------------------------------------------
These descriptions are pretty correct to me. Homeopathy, I believe, is keeping me from constantly vomiting. I was so sick with DS#1, and now just very nauseous with occasional vomiting. I am taking acupunture, which helps a lot, too. I have another appt this afternoon which I hope will eliminate the M/S altogether. I am extremely low-funtioning. Being onthe computer is a first in several days.

I also want to note that lachesis can also be indicated when there is a lot of saliva. Nux vomica is good if you are very easily angered. Pulsatilla if you are better going outside and like a lot of sympathy. Also if you are very emotional and feel like crying.

I hope you are feeling better!

Jean, happy HS mom to Peter (5), Daniel (9) and Lucie (2) and also someone new... baby.gif
#3 of 3 Old 06-14-2006, 11:11 AM

I also have the over abundance of saliva which aggrivates my MS. I hate it, and keep a towel close by to spit into other wise I end up sick.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page