How are we feeling - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 27 Old 06-14-2006, 10:33 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
How's all our mamas feel now?

I just hit 10 weeks today. You know last week, I was feeling great. Still a lil tired, but I was able to eat. And now... I have thrown up at least once a day for the past few days. No particular food seems to trigger it, I just am so sick. I thought I was feeling better. Oh dear.. I was wrong.

When I was pregnant with my DD, I felt better at 9 weeks and was good until heartburn hit. I just miss feeling useful and healthy.

How's everyone else feeling? Any better? Worse?
#2 of 27 Old 06-14-2006, 11:09 AM

I'm in your boat...I am somewhere around 10 weeks now, and I feel AWFUL! I've had the worst two days yet...lots of gagging, throwing up, and, worst of all, dizziness like you wouldn't believe...is that even normal?!? It's so bad that I can't really walk, let alone drive and go to work...even using the computer is hard. I thought I was hungry and/or sleep-deprived, so I took care of those things...and I'm still dizzy. I hope this gets better soon (for all of us!)! :
#3 of 27 Old 06-14-2006, 12:44 PM

I'm feeling cruddy. I spent as much of the weekend in bed as I could. I have a headache today (leftover from yesterday). I'm tired. I'm gaggy and nauseated. No throwing up - just lots of gagging. No food sounds good. I'm 8w3d today.... Last time I felt better at about 10w4d, so here's hoping.....

I just finished grocery shopping. Its been over a month since I went because I just couldn't stomach it. We were eating out of the pantry, freezer, and carry-out. I'm completely wiped out from the shopping trip. DS is at preschool today so I am going back to bed as soon as I toss the cold stuff in the fridge.
#4 of 27 Old 06-14-2006, 12:52 PM

Fairly crummy. : It is so hard to keep this a secret when I am walking around dizzy and nauseous all of the time.
Only a few more weeks! My last pregnancy was nothing like this one!
Suz

Mother of two. : 4/05 and 1/07 Wife of one. : 7/01
#5 of 27 Old 06-14-2006, 01:17 PM

Pretty yucky still, though I feel much less tired. I can actually stay up till 10 instead of 8:30. But the food issues continue, and I generally feel pretty terrible from about 3-8 pm, which is really hard with the kids. I have had the odd day of feeling mostly better, though, I just wish I could figure out if it was something I did that I could replicate.

I was thinking the other day that I'm 7 1/2 weeks, so I'm probably about halfway through the nasties. Which is both cheerful (halfway!) and depressing as hell (7 more weeks?!).

I'm just hoping this started early so it will end early...
#6 of 27 Old 06-14-2006, 02:28 PM
Banned

I still feel fine. Barely feel pregnant at all. Occasionally I'll have a bit of nausea. I've thrown up 3 times total. If I smell something particularly awful, or somebody's messing with me by describing something horrific, I'll gag. I'm not any more tired than usual. Last week I had a day where I was especially hormonal, then I broke out with really bad acne a couple days later. That seems to have cleared. I've noticed my belly has gotten a bit harder. This pregnancy is fairly easy so far.
#7 of 27 Old 06-14-2006, 02:45 PM

Me, too! I felt good for about 4 days right around 8 weeks. I googled "morning sickness peak" and learned it usually peaks at about 8 weeks. I thought I was through it then BAM! It was back! I felt horrible, gagging, nauseous, throwing up every morning. Ugh! Yesterday I felt better again and today gaggy again. I am about 9 and a half weeks. I know I probably have at least another month but I am hopeful it will end soon. Feel better everyone!
#8 of 27 Old 06-14-2006, 03:01 PM

I am starting to feel a little bit better. I can finally eat... small amounts... without wishing I hadn't.... I am still so tired.. I can never sleep because my 6 month old doesn't nap anymore than 30 minutes at a time. And he doesn't go to bed till 10:30 and then I am usually up at 7...

I can't wait till I feel completely better and I don't feel so tired anymore!
#9 of 27 Old 06-14-2006, 04:07 PM
L J

I feel really good. Still no m/s and no real food aversions. I still don't like the things I didn't like to begin with, except strawberries- I have always hated them and now I'm craving strawberry smoothies.
I'll be 9 weeks tomorrow, and I have more energy than I have the past few, but I'm not going to get excited and try to run a marathon or anything for a few more weeks.

I am getting bigger every day, but I still feel like I look fat most of the time, and not pregnant. When I'm in all maternity clothes I feel better, but I don't have that many yet, so I'm still rubber-banding (with a really large rubber band!) my old jeans and wearing t-shirts.

Laura, mama to Henry 01.28.07 uc.jpg
candle.gif missing Jack, born still in the car 08.23.10 at 36 weeks 
Loving on Catherine, my  rainbow1284.gif 09.01.11, UC

#10 of 27 Old 06-14-2006, 06:38 PM

I feel really good, no m/s only a little bit of dizziness : I have alot of cravings though, mostly for fruit or sweets, and I can't stomach red meat and only very small pieces of chicken. My pants are getting a little tight too.
This is very different compared to last time when i was sick till 22 weeks and would eat my steaks so rare that DH asked me if it was dead.
#11 of 27 Old 06-14-2006, 06:57 PM

I feel...
Well, it depends on the day.
Today was pretty good....good appetite, not much fatigue.
Yesterday was yucky...squeamish, fatigued and horrible headache.
Can't wait for the "honeymoon" period of pregnancy....2nd TRIMESTER!
#12 of 27 Old 06-14-2006, 08:59 PM

I thought I was feeling better. Sun-Tues this week I felt great. Dizzier than usual if I stood up too quickly, but nothing unbearable. (Tomorrow I'm 9 wks, btw.) Today--all day--I've wanted to die. No puking, just general crappy/tired/shoot me know feeling. Ugh. My boyfriend keeps giving me a hard time that I'm always sleepy and never want to DTD. Are you kidding me? Sex? I can barely stay awake to watch a movie. Lifting up a gallon of milk tonight seemed like lifting a ton. Sex? I just want to be awake and fully functional again!
#13 of 27 Old 06-15-2006, 09:44 PM

I'm 10 weeks, 2 days and definitely feeling better overall. I still have moments of nausea and fatigue, and I still have my other symptoms, but I'm actually starting to feel human again!

Happily parenting our snuggly wild child since 2007 and her little brother since 2011!

#14 of 27 Old 06-16-2006, 09:15 AM

Crappy. Tired. Nauseated. Cranky. I am a joy to be around right now. My poor hubby gets home from work and I throw our 2yo at him and climb into bed. Every couple of days I burst into tears and tell him that I'm sorry I'm being such a b*tch and that I love and appreciate him and then I'm right back to feeling overwhelmed and irritated again. Luckily, hubby was used to this once a month when I was PMSing, so he's great about it.

My blood pressure has been really low and I'm sure that hasn't been helping. Plus, my sleep schedule is really screwy (I've been up since 630am. I didn't go to bed until 3am : ) and I've been getting sleep in 2-4 hour blocks.

I keep telling myself that this shall pass.
#15 of 27 Old 06-16-2006, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blastomom
Crappy. Tired. Nauseated. Cranky. I am a joy to be around right now. My poor hubby gets home from work and I throw our 2yo at him and climb into bed. Every couple of days I burst into tears and tell him that I'm sorry I'm being such a b*tch and that I love and appreciate him and then I'm right back to feeling overwhelmed and irritated again. Luckily, hubby was used to this once a month when I was PMSing, so he's great about it.
It's like you're looking into my life right now. I am tired nauseated and very very cranky. For the sake of my poor very patient husband I hope this all passes soon. I am almost 10 weeks (saturaday or sunday). 2 more weeks till I'm out of the red zone and hopefully some of these symptoms will lighten up around then too. I also feel guilty for not being a better mommy lately.
#16 of 27 Old 06-16-2006, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2boys
I also feel guilty for not being a better mommy lately.
Oh yeah, I forgot about that! So far this week I've yelled at my son just about every day. He's been a handfull, but I know it's just because we haven't been getting out like we usually do. Hubby and I were laughing last night because there was some Discovery Channel show on dinosaurs on and it showed a pregnant momma dino running off her 3yo son in order to give her next born a better chance at survival. We both looked at ds and said "sorry, you only got 2 years!"

On the bright side, ds and hubby have been getting a lot of good bonding in.
#17 of 27 Old 06-16-2006, 02:25 PM

I am 7 wks and the nausea comes and goes, it is usually worst first thing in the morning and then in the late afternoon. I am super tired, and this week started going to bed at around 7pm...before dh or dd...and that has really helped.
#18 of 27 Old 06-16-2006, 03:59 PM

I think someone stepped on me, that is how i feel.
And all food is gross
#19 of 27 Old 06-16-2006, 04:00 PM

but of course if I dont eat I :Puke:
and if I eat I :Puke:

sigh...........
#20 of 27 Old 06-16-2006, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesiLynne
I think someone stepped on me, that is how i feel.
And all food is gross
Ah Mama, that's how I feel
Tired and nauseated today. If I don't eat I feel worse. I've had fruit today and a piece of coffee cake. Way up there nutritionally, right? LOL
And irritable.
My sig other went to a retreat which I was happy about and when I got his message an hour ago that he's swimming in hot springs, doing mud baths, went to a blindfolded "trance dance" and eating gourmet raw food, I felt just bitterly resentful.
He should be home feeling like Sh-t with me
#21 of 27 Old 06-16-2006, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahappymel
My sig other went to a retreat which I was happy about and when I got his message an hour ago that he's swimming in hot springs, doing mud baths, went to a blindfolded "trance dance" and eating gourmet raw food, I felt just bitterly resentful.
He should be home feeling like Sh-t with me
Ha! The fool! I bet he kept asking you if you were sure that it was okay that he go, especially now that you are pg and not feeling well. And like a typical man he actually believed you when you said "Yes of course! Go and have a fabulous time, you deserve it and I'll be fine." Little did he know the potential for disaster that he was about to unleash! All I have to say is that he better be able to book your spa day AND cook you a nice meal AND give you a back rub all at once the very moment he gets back...
#22 of 27 Old 06-16-2006, 10:11 PM

I'm 8.5 weeks and feeling crappy...the sickness fairy finally decided to visit, only it's not MORNING it's evening/afternoon...

lovin DH since 1/04, SAHM to 3 boys 10/04, 11/08, 11/10 one girlie (1/07), and one 13 wk (10/13) just your average :ha ng multigenerational living family!!
#23 of 27 Old 06-17-2006, 12:02 AM

I'm feeling better, week 8 was pretty rough, I was the most naseus I've been with either pregnancy. I won't complain though because I don't get pukey morning sickness, just queasy/crabby/tired. I'm falling asleep with DD at like 9pm most nights but managing without a nap still. My healthy eating has gone all to hell! I'm just eating what sounds good, because the aversions will make me sick if I don't listen. I am starting to swell a little in my hands and feet, mostly at night and after long-on the feet days. I swelled early with DD too, and didn't find much relief, although I haven't been too good about water! Just have that 12 week mark in site now! 14 days! I felt better like someone had switched a light with DD, hoping for that again!

sleepytime.gifC.- WOHM, CPST Instructor, and all around busy Mama to  blowkiss.gifA.- 02/04, bouncy.gif I. 01/07,babyf.gifE. 09/10 and

stork-suprise.gif expecting the surprise of our lives Fall 2012!

#24 of 27 Old 06-17-2006, 01:21 PM

I'm 8 weeks, and last week was the worst. I got acupuncture all week, and it helped a lot. DH works at home, and he barely worked because I slept nearly the whole day and he had to take care of DS. Today, I am much better. But I sure would like to be more of a pooper (if you don't mind me saying). I , too am looking forward to 12 weeks. I miss being hungry! It is so weird to eat even though you are not at all hungry.

Jean, happy HS mom to Peter (5), Daniel (9) and Lucie (2) and also someone new... baby.gif
#25 of 27 Old 06-17-2006, 01:47 PM

I'm still here.........and I still feel green
#26 of 27 Old 06-18-2006, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blastomom
Ha! The fool! I bet he kept asking you if you were sure that it was okay that he go, especially now that you are pg and not feeling well. And like a typical man he actually believed you when you said "Yes of course! Go and have a fabulous time, you deserve it and I'll be fine." Little did he know the potential for disaster that he was about to unleash! All I have to say is that he better be able to book your spa day AND cook you a nice meal AND give you a back rub all at once the very moment he gets back...
Actually he didn't ask about my feelings...he just told me that he was invited to go on a worktrade and was going.
And I didn't mind him leaving because frankly...the idea of a few days of solitude sounded blissful and then here I am...hormonal and irritable...thinking he should be home doing a bizillion different things to prepare us for this baby.
I've had a love-hate relationship with him in my head all week...and I seriously suspect that all of this is amplified because of MY hormones
#27 of 27 Old 06-18-2006, 01:29 PM

I'm a hormonal mess, but that really isnt' out of the ordinary.

I'm 11 weeks and few days and I am feeling less nauseous. It isn't totally gone, but I definitely see light at the end of the morning sickness 24/7 all day long tunnel.

I'm still really tired by noon and have to take a nap every day. Hopefully more energy will come my way soon. I have classes at the university second summer session and that starts June 26, next week : .

Trying to build up my house, not tear it down namaste.gif.   Got 3 wonderful kids jumpers.gif  ribboncesarean.gif autismribbon.gif, blessed with a wonderful husband luxlove.gif and have the privilege of staying home full time to enjoy it all! 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page