Lets do some updates - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-17-2006, 10:21 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
How far are you along today? 9w2d

Do you have any intution about the baby's sex? Heartbeat was 189 (!) the other day, so I can't help but think it's a girl. However, based on when we concieved (on O day), I would think it's a boy. In other words, I have no idea.

Morning sickness? Do you have it is it getting better? It's so bad, and it doesn't feel like it's getting better. I am nauseous all day long, but I only throw up occasionally (only in the morning).

Sex life? Do you have one at this point? Yes, probaby 2 or 3 x per week. And I initiate. I'm also a "do it yourself" girl. Second trimester, it get's even worse/better ???

Cravings? Aversions? What are they? Cravings - popsicles, KFC mashed potatoes, toaster struedal Aversions - cooking anything, and really, nothing sounds good

Boobs and breastfeeding? Are your boobs sore, how are you dealing with breastfeeding (if applicable). I am nursing DS (20 mo), and my nipples hurt so bad. We just successfully nightweaned about a week ago

Heartburn/reflux Has anyone gotten these yet? This is even worse for me than the nausea. My stomach hurts so bad I want to cry and it keeps me awake most nights. I just started taking acidophilus yesterday...hoping it will help.

Mood? Are in your usual mood? Laid back to the point of "I don't care." Not like me at all.

Energy level? How tired are you? Exhausted, but I have insomnia at night AND during the day when I try to nap with DS. With DS the age he is, I have never gotten a full night's sleep since he was born, so I have been tired for what feels like forever.

Clothes? Are you in mat clothes, regular clothes or transitional clothing? I'm wearing maternity pants and shorts because they are more comfortable. Regular shirts.

What are you looking forward too with this pregnancy? A home VBAC!! Also, really looking forward to 2nd trimester. I remember feeling SOOOO good during that time.

Appt's when's your next appt? First appt. with OB was Wed. Saw the heartbeat (and there's just one baby in there. Yeah!). First appt. with midwife is June 28.

Do you think we should do monthly or weekly updates on this ddc? Monthly or bi-weekly

Anything else you want to add? At some point, lets put a question about names you are leaning toward.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-17-2006, 11:40 AM

How far are you along today? 9 wks, 4 days

Do you have any intution about the baby's sex? (You don't have to share what you think it is, if you don't want too.) back and forth

Morning sickness? Do you have it is it getting better? yes. Bad waves seems to be further and further apart.

Sex life? Do you have one at this point? (Don't need to share if you don't want too.) ummmm, who has time for that?

Cravings? Aversions? What are they? Looking at eggs makes me ill. Fruit, fruit and fruit.... oh and pizza always sounds good!

Boobs and breastfeeding? Are your boobs sore, how are you dealing with breastfeeding (if applicable). I'm nursing my 19 month old DD. Nipple soreness seems to be subsiding and I've had no breast tissue soreness this time around.

Heartburn/reflux Has anyone gotten these yet? No.

Mood? Are in your usual mood? Oh no... much more "hate."

Energy level? How tired are you? No where near as tired as first go around. I crash without warning though and can hardly stay awake.

Clothes? Are you in mat clothes, regular clothes or transitional clothing? transitional. I pulled out a mat skirt this week.... ooooo so comfy!!

What are you looking forward too with this pregnancy? All of it. I loved being pregnant with my first. I'll be glad to hit the point where "everyone knows."

Appt's when's your next appt? July 7th

Do you think we should do monthly or weekly updates on this ddc? monthly

Anything else you want to add? Saw the heartbeat at 8weeks 3 days-- high 170's
Old 06-17-2006, 06:17 PM

How far are you along today?8weeks 2days

Do you have any intution about the baby's sex? (You don't have to share what you think it is, if you don't want too.)I think it's a girl

Morning sickness? Do you have it is it getting better?I have it and it SUCKS! I didn't have it with 1st pregnancy so it has really gotten me down!

Sex life? Do you have one at this point? (Don't need to share if you don't want too.)yes, but I am looking forward to the 2nd trimester!

Cravings? Aversions? What are they?Cravings: Mexican food, salsa, refrieds, etc. Aversions: anything that I have to cook!

Boobs and breastfeeding? Are your boobs sore, how are you dealing with breastfeeding (if applicable).Really sore weeks 6 and 7. DS has been an angel about it and seems to need them less right now.

Heartburn/reflux Has anyone gotten these yet?not yet

Mood? Are in your usual mood?definitely more grumpy and weepy in the very early weeks. Things seem to be mellowing out now.

Energy level? How tired are you?oh, so tired! I could take two naps and day and still need another.

Clothes? Are you in mat clothes, regular clothes or transitional clothing?a few of my regular clothes have gotten too tight already, living in my comfortable clothes now.

What are you looking forward too with this pregnancy?the big belly, wearing maternity clothes, watching my son when he realizes there is a baby in my belly (he doesn't know yet), the birth.

Appt's when's your next appt?July 10

Do you think we should do monthly or weekly updates on this ddc? weekly

Anything else you want to add?thanks for starting the thread, this was fun!
Old 06-19-2006, 01:42 AM

How far are you along today? 9 weeks, give or take a day

Do you have any intution about the baby's sex? (You don't have to share what you think it is, if you don't want too.) I suspect it might be a girl bc I conceived early in the cycle, as I did with other 2 dds. I also want another girl, so some wishful thinking is undoubtedly mixed in.

Morning sickness? Do you have it is it getting better? Just now starting to get a bit more sensitive food-wise. Have written more about it in the "Confessions" thread.

Sex life? Do you have one at this point? (Don't need to share if you don't want too.) It's OK, could be better. We're both stressed (DH with work, me with hormonal insanity) so are cutting each other some slack.

Cravings? Aversions? What are they? Starting to get sort of turned off by broccoli, chicken with bone, random stuff. Not so much craving anything, but finding that citrus-y things really make me feel better. Current citrus fave: Edy's lime whole-fruit bars.

Boobs and breastfeeding? Are your boobs sore, how are you dealing with breastfeeding (if applicable). Were kind of sore, it's tapered off in the last couple of weeks. Not currently bf'ing, but it seems like it would be very uncomfortable and I don't know that I'd want to bf while pregnant.

Heartburn/reflux Has anyone gotten these yet? Not much, although I had WICKED heartburn the first 2 times. In fact it was the first sign I had.

Mood? Are in your usual mood? Bitchy, cranky, impatient, Squidward-esque ("Everyone's an idiot except me" kind of thing), very blunt and tactless. None of those things are exactly new, but they're pretty subtle and well-hidden when I'm not PG and on meds. Now they're all turned up full blast.

Energy level? How tired are you? Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Although if I'm not asleep early in the evening (which never happens) I catch a "second wind" and have trouble getting to sleep. That's why I'm here now, in fact!

Clothes? Are you in mat clothes, regular clothes or transitional clothing? Oh dear lord, don't talk to me about clothes. Everything looks weird/wrong, I feel like I'm being chopped in half if I sit down in most of my pants unless they're unbuttoned/unzipped but am too small for regular maternity pants yet. I'm going to make myself a few tents, or just never leave the house. Not sure which yet.

What are you looking forward too with this pregnancy? Having another child and my family feeling a little less "incomplete" than it currently does. Watching my dd become a big sister and seeing how she grows and blossoms.

Appt's when's your next appt? I have a 3-hr GTT on Tuesday, and then another regular appt on Monday the 26th. I'll be going in rather frequently due to age (41) and health (probably GD).

Do you think we should do monthly or weekly updates on this ddc? Monthly for now, maybe weekly after we all hit 6 or 7 months?

Anything else you want to add? Bleah, I feel pregnant, queasy and lethargic. I feel like Jabba the Hutt looks.
Old 06-19-2006, 05:34 AM

I thought this would be fun... I have seen similar ones on other ddc's...

How far are you along today?

8 wks 3 days

Do you have any intution about the baby's sex? (You don't have to share what you think it is, if you don't want too.)

Everyone thinks its a girl...But I think Boy

Morning sickness? Do you have it is it getting better?

Its the strangest thing....I get really quizzy when I havent eaten in a while

Sex life? Do you have one at this point? (Don't need to share if you don't want too.)

Nope...Thank Goodness my Husband seems so responsible to take care of me : that he doesnt even ask!

Cravings? Aversions? What are they?

Meals...Heavy, fattening southern food! Meatloaf, Speghetti, Mashed Potatoes, etc. Aversions...not wanting sweets right now..so wierd for me!

Boobs and breastfeeding? Are your boobs sore, how are you dealing with breastfeeding (if applicable).

Not BFing but my Boobs are killing me. I am very excited to say they have gotten much bigger

Heartburn/reflux Has anyone gotten these yet?

Yes! Heartburn bad. Isnt that wierd to have it already?

Mood? Are in your usual mood?

I am chilled out majorly. Laid back. Not freaking over the house being perfect like I usually do or anything. Weird.

Energy level? How tired are you?

I could sleep all Day and Night! and if I am off work I do. My husband insists on it. I work 12 hour night shift which is killing me right now. We work 3-4 in a row. Its very very hard on me so when I am off I sleep the whole time.

Clothes? Are you in mat clothes, regular clothes or transitional clothing?

Thank goodness you ask this question. I feel huge! All I do is sleep and eat and my regular clothes are tight. I am wearing comfy clothes for now. I dont own maternity clothes. Should I start shopping?

What are you looking forward too with this pregnancy?

Seeing my baby. Going through this expericence with my husband. I love him so much and I cant wait to share this miracle with him. The thought of our love forming a human life is amazing to me.

Appt's when's your next appt?

Friday...

Do you think we should do monthly or weekly updates on this ddc?

Every couple of weeks would be good. We could tell everyone how our symptoms have changed or what is added to the list of maternity bliss
Anything else you want to add?[/COLOR]
Old 06-19-2006, 04:07 PM

So regarding the sex thing...

Last night my sweetie asked me if I wanted to have sex. I just looked at him like, "Are you f-ing serious?" Then he asked, "So, when you get preg, do you, like, never want to have sex again?" I assured him that most women are too exhausted to even think about it during the 1st tri, but that by the 2nd, I'm supposed to want it all the time. Since we're only 3 weeks from the 2nd, he perked up a bit
Old 06-19-2006, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldFashionedGirl
So regarding the sex thing...

Last night my sweetie asked me if I wanted to have sex. I just looked at him like, "Are you f-ing serious?" Then he asked, "So, when you get preg, do you, like, never want to have sex again?" I assured him that most women are too exhausted to even think about it during the 1st tri, but that by the 2nd, I'm supposed to want it all the time. Since we're only 3 weeks from the 2nd, he perked up a bit
And then there are freaksh women like me that want it a LOT! But my DH and I haven't been home together at the same time awake with the kids ASLEEP in weeks. :
Old 06-19-2006, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldFashionedGirl
but that by the 2nd, I'm supposed to want it all the time.
That has been MY experience.
Old 06-19-2006, 05:59 PM

Great idea!

How far are you along today? 11 weeks, 6 days.

Do you have any intution about the baby's sex? (You don't have to share what you think it is, if you don't want too.) I'm not sure...I think other people's constant predictions are interfering. I can say that this pregnancy has been somewhat different than the last so far, so maybe a girl this time?

Morning sickness? Do you have it is it getting better? I did have it. It seems to have abated for the most part. I never had it all last time.

Sex life? Do you have one at this point? (Don't need to share if you don't want too.) Well, my DH has been traveling a ton for work, so it hasn't been possible, but now that the sickness has gotten better, I'm planning on getting back in the saddle soon!!!

Cravings? Aversions? What are they? Craving apples and peanut butter. Aversions...nearly everything else. I am having a hard time eating.

Boobs and breastfeeding? Are your boobs sore, how are you dealing with breastfeeding (if applicable). Boobies are sore, but I am not bfing.

Heartburn/reflux Has anyone gotten these yet? Terrible. From the beginning.

Mood? Are in your usual mood? A little weepy at times, but nothing horrid.

Energy level? How tired are you? Still very low...I'm exhausted. But of course I am chasing a toddler too!

Clothes? Are you in mat clothes, regular clothes or transitional clothing? Mostly maternity clothes!

What are you looking forward too with this pregnancy? Really everything. This is probably my last so I am trying to savor it.

Appt's when's your next appt? I'm on vacation, visiting with my parents, but I am having a nuchal translucency test tomorrow (it was a pain to try and schedule, but there is only a two week window in which you can perform the test, and I will be here the whole time!) I see my regular doc again on July 14.

Do you think we should do monthly or weekly updates on this ddc? Weekly! Why not?

Anything else you want to add?[/QUOTE]
Old 06-20-2006, 03:08 AM

How far are you along today? 8ish weeks

Do you have any intution about the baby's sex? (You don't have to share what you think it is, if you don't want too.) girl, but I though that last time too.

Morning sickness? Do you have it is it getting better? Queasy a lot, but if I eat healthy and sleep well I'm ok.

Sex life? Do you have one at this point? (Don't need to share if you don't want too.) DH has sex during pregnancy issues. I have jumped him a couple of times, but he won't initiate.

Cravings? Aversions? What are they? Aversions: chicken, cooking meat, onions, otherwise it chances. Cravings: Lays potato chips, Kraft Dinner (mac and cheese), varries otherwise.

Boobs and breastfeeding? Are your boobs sore, how are you dealing with breastfeeding (if applicable). Sore nips, sore when milk comes in. Still bf-ing, but trying to cut back becuase it hurts when he latches on and he loves to switch boobs every 5 mins for 30 min - an hour, 5 - 6 times a day.:

Heartburn/reflux Has anyone gotten these yet? Nope.

Mood? Are in your usual mood? Impatient, overwhelmed, feel like my neurotransmitters have turned to mollases (ie- stupid)

Energy level? How tired are you? Tired, but also unable to sleep most nights

Clothes? Are you in mat clothes, regular clothes or transitional clothing? Transition clothes -- I lost 25 lbs before ds, then had to loose it again after ds, so I have LOTS of transition clothes.

What are you looking forward too with this pregnancy? Telling people, feeling the baby move, ds's reaction when we explain there's a baby in mom's tummy (waiting until high miscarriage danger has passed -- he's very sensitive), meeting baby #2

Appt's when's your next appt? July 19th

Do you think we should do monthly or weekly updates on this ddc? Monthly until around 20 weeks when things pick up a bit.

Jill , mom to Andrew (09/04), Aaron(01/07), and Emma (11/09)
Old 06-20-2006, 07:43 PM

How far are you along today? 9 wks, 1 day

Do you have any intution about the baby's sex? Boy - but I'm the AntiPsychic, which means it's probably a girl

Boobs and breastfeeding? It seems to be improving - but for a few days - YEOW!

Mood? Are in your usual mood?~I~ think I am, but it's possible I'm a bit more intense based on reactions I get

Clothes? Some maternity tops. My so-called "waist" seems to be already on baby-hiatus

What are you looking forward to with this pregnancy? Um...a baby

read.gif, mom to wild.gif and dust.gif, partner to malesling.GIF

User Tag List