Confessions - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 37 Old 06-16-2006, 05:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have discovered that I can only eat meat if it comes from KFC. Oh, and their mashed potatoes with gravy and fake-o-rama mac-n-cheese is divine. :

This, from someone who eats whole foods as much as possible and hasnt had KFC since like 1990. It wouldnt even have occurred to me except that I was making meatloaf and mashed potatoes for dinner last night, and discovered at 6 pm that my potatoes were all rotten. So I sent DH for a pot of KFC's mashed potatoes on his way home from work, since I wouldnt have had time to run to the store and then make some. We got some mac-n-cheese for the kids too.

I went back for lunch today, it was so good.

Make me feel better ladies... what horrible things are you eating, just because its what you can?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 37 Old 06-16-2006, 05:09 PM

Fear not! You are not alone...

I, who has never knowingly purchased white bread in my life, bought plain white hot dog buns, and proceeded to eat three (veggie) hot dogs with mustard on those white buns for breakfast and lunch yesterday. I also have not had any meat (other than fish) in 20 years but had a bite of my husband's filet mignon the other night...and it made my nausea disappear.
#3 of 37 Old 06-16-2006, 05:13 PM

I despise convience food but lately I've been buying toaster waffles, microwave burritos and even corn dogs for my kids (they are all chicken). Because the smell of food and cooking food sends me to the bathroom. Its only for a little while they will live, hopefully they just won't get too accustomed to it.

Its amazing what foods I like when I'm pregnant that I normally don't either. And foods I love that are now disgusting.
#4 of 37 Old 06-16-2006, 05:13 PM

My weakness is the caramel apple empanadas they have at Taco Bell. They gave me the wrong order one day and it had one of them in there. I ate it and then I went by on the way home from work and picked 2 more...and I have been thinking about them all day today...lol
#5 of 37 Old 06-16-2006, 05:18 PM - Thread Starter

OMG they have caramel apple empanadas? That sounds amazingly great! I havent been to a Taco Bell in years. And they are right across the street from my new favorite KFC! Sweet!
#6 of 37 Old 06-16-2006, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by storychick
OMG they have caramel apple empanadas? That sounds amazingly great! I havent been to a Taco Bell in years. And they are right across the street from my new favorite KFC! Sweet!

#7 of 37 Old 06-16-2006, 05:44 PM

I am in love with Chinese food I eat it once a week... my poor baby gets a weekly bath in msg.
I also have been indulging in a glass of iced tea (with caffine) everyonce in a while.
#8 of 37 Old 06-16-2006, 05:50 PM

ahhhh, good thread!

Salt and Vinegar Potato Chips, and a jar of pickles every week or so....

:
#9 of 37 Old 06-16-2006, 06:25 PM

I can't afford to eat out even though I always crave a veggie sub when I drive by Quizno's. Those little cheapo pizza's from the grocery store are my guilty pleasure :
#10 of 37 Old 06-16-2006, 07:57 PM

Two terrible things of late: Kraft Mac and Cheese and Coke.

In the last year, I lost about 50 lbs, and pretty much swore off mac and cheese. Since I found out I was preg, I've had it at least twice a week.

Also with the weight loss, I haven't had a regular, non-diet coke (that wasn't mixed with liquor ) in well over a year. The other day, nothing else sounded good. I've been allowing myself one caffinated drink a day...this week, it's been Coke!
#11 of 37 Old 06-16-2006, 08:07 PM
L J

I'm definately on the Coke bandwagon. I hadn't had one in years, I usually only drink water and coffee, but when I had a little bit of nausea the other day DH mentioned that there was one in the meat drawer (he hides them from me so I don't gripe at him... lol). Oh it was so good! I went and bought a 12 pack. *hangs head in shame*

Strawberry icecream. lol Someone on another board I post on (I'll be some of you post on the same one) mentioned it about a week ago, and she has gotten everyone on there hooked, I swear! I just broke down and bought some a couple hours ago, because I had to go out of the house and run errands (I rarely leave the house- I am so antisocial... lol) and I felt like I deserved a reward for sucessfully dealing with people. It was soooo good, I am trying to resist getting another bowl!

Laura, mama to Henry 01.28.07 uc.jpg
candle.gif missing Jack, born still in the car 08.23.10 at 36 weeks 
Loving on Catherine, my  rainbow1284.gif 09.01.11, UC

#12 of 37 Old 06-16-2006, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L J
I'm definately on the Coke bandwagon. I hadn't had one in years, I usually only drink water and coffee, but when I had a little bit of nausea the other day DH mentioned that there was one in the meat drawer (he hides them from me so I don't gripe at him... lol). Oh it was so good! I went and bought a 12 pack. *hangs head in shame*

Strawberry icecream. lol Someone on another board I post on (I'll be some of you post on the same one) mentioned it about a week ago, and she has gotten everyone on there hooked, I swear! I just broke down and bought some a couple hours ago, because I had to go out of the house and run errands (I rarely leave the house- I am so antisocial... lol) and I felt like I deserved a reward for sucessfully dealing with people. It was soooo good, I am trying to resist getting another bowl!
Glad I'm not the only "Coke girl!"

Out of curiousity, which other board? I've tried looking for other, similar message boards, but haven't found any that I like as much as this one. I'm always game for suggestions!
#13 of 37 Old 06-16-2006, 09:32 PM

I am on a popsicle kick! Not a 100% juice sort of popsicle but lots and lots of dye and sugar! I prefer the "superheros" pack of bomb pop type! And, um, chocolate milk! But it is organic, non-homogenized chocolate milk from our local dairy. Off to eat pizza for dinner!

sleepytime.gifC.- WOHM, CPST Instructor, and all around busy Mama to  blowkiss.gifA.- 02/04, bouncy.gif I. 01/07,babyf.gifE. 09/10 and

stork-suprise.gif expecting the surprise of our lives Fall 2012!

#14 of 37 Old 06-16-2006, 10:44 PM

During my first pregnancy I had an intense craving for a Burger King Whopper, no onions, extra pickles and a side of fries with like 10 packets of ketchup. I ate one a week for about six weeks. And it was everything I could do not to eat one every single day! I was absolutely beside myself--I was so anti fast food, and to be indulging in it while I was growing a sweet and innocent baby in my womb--the shame of it!

That urge hit me in the middle of my second trimester, so I'm curious to see if it returns again this time. Like most folks I'm a bit more relaxed the second time around--I even drank some caffienated tea yesterday, whoohoo!

I guess my confession this pregnancy would be that I am just not eating that well overall, but I think that has more to do with the intense case of m/s that I have this time. Nothing appeals to me and most days the thought of actually cooking makes my stomach turn.
#15 of 37 Old 06-16-2006, 10:54 PM
Banned

Originally, I was craving turkey lunchables and all things dairy (which isn't good considering I'm lactose intolerant). After a few horrible bouts with the LI issues, I've sworn off my craving. Oh, and I've been craving vegetables like mad.

Today I took my oldest DD out to eat, and got myself a big salad for dinner. Yum. But it also contained crispy chicken and honey mustard dressing.
#16 of 37 Old 06-16-2006, 11:06 PM

There is about a 1/2 glass of Arbor Mist Blackberry Merlot that has been screaming my name for DAYSSSSSSSSSSS

It's evil I tell you, evil.

I want it so bad, I love that wine, and I am craving the taste, but I am being strong.

that and I just shoved dh out the door to get me 2, yes, 2 6 inch subs from Subway. I'm starving.
#17 of 37 Old 06-16-2006, 11:19 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
The MS has just realy started for me it's been cheez it baked crackers and Pringles salt and vinegar chips for me! :P

lovin DH since 1/04, best mom for my 3 boys 10/04, 11/08, 11/10 one girlie (1/07), one 13 wk (10/13) and 5/15 just your average multigenerational living family!!
#18 of 37 Old 06-17-2006, 12:02 PM

Quarter cakes--specifically Little Debbie fudge rounds.

A quarter cake is an individual snack cake sold at a convenience store. They're bigger and have mushier (and more yummy) middles than the small variety sold in boxes of 10.

homeschool.gif mom to dd (11) read.gifand dd (9) crochetsmilie.gif and ds (3) bikenew.gif and  dog2.gif(x2)
#19 of 37 Old 06-17-2006, 02:16 PM

Some of the things y'all are suggesting sound so good! I have been drinking a little bit of Dr. Pepper. I used to l-o-v-e Dr. Pepper. It was the only thing that cured nausea in my first pregnancy. I am sure it is psychological. Dr. Pepper = good times!

The salt and vinegar pringles sound good. And I just decided that I want to get a restaurant hamburger. In Texas, we had Whataburger. Those are so good! I am in Chapel Hill, NC, and they don't have anything like that I know of. I would also sell my soul for anything off the menu at Taco Cabana. They also don't have that here. When pregnant with my first DS, we had TC around the corner!!

I am seriously thinking of going to see my mother so that I can have a rendez-vous with Taco Cabana! I can get lots of tortillas (homemade and like NOTHING you have ever had) and maybe freeze them. I have been trying to locate a shabby-looking taqueria. Maybe they would have similar tortillas! I even sometimes make my own to get that taste, but it is too much work in the kitchen for a nauseous lady like me.

Jean, happy HS mom to Peter (5), Daniel (9) and Lucie (2) and also someone new... baby.gif
#20 of 37 Old 06-17-2006, 03:01 PM

Well, I'm reading this thread eating a piece of lemon meringue pie for my second breakfast so I feel the need to confess

I hear the KFC thing, I craved it strongly last week.

I've had a couple of packages of Top Ramen this week.

I used to eat almost 100% vegan and no processed food. But what I used to eat I just can't stomach. Fruit has finally been tasting good to me, so I've been concentrating on at least getting some produce into me.

I also eat Eggo waffles almost every morning. They are my favorite thing to throw up and with the toaster on my nightstand DH pops a couple in before he leaves for work so they are ready for me to eat when I want them.

I've also been wanting Bisquick pancakes (ate them a lot as a kid). The only craving I haven't satiated is my craving for a good hamburger :

Naomi, mama to Faith (12/03) and Hannah (12/06) and Kai, a homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg on 5/15/10
#21 of 37 Old 06-17-2006, 08:18 PM

Just the thought of cooking makes me sick! So our diet lately has been whatever I can "cook" without having to think too much, or whatever I can grab at a drive thru window (totally not me!). I usually love to cook so I am really feeling guilty about all the Chick-fil-A we have been eating lately.

My biggest craving by far has been Mexican food. I want it all the time! The other day for lunch I was craving nachos, loaded with cheese, guacamole, sour cream, beans, chicken, salsa, hot sauce, everything! So off I went to my favorite burrito stand (Baja Burrito for those of you in or near Raleigh, NC). I made myself sick eating it, it was so good!

I haven't been to KFC in forever, but I had fried chicken twice last week. I'm thinking about it right now..... Some mashed potatoes sure would be good!
#22 of 37 Old 06-17-2006, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesiLynne
There is about a 1/2 glass of Arbor Mist Blackberry Merlot that has been screaming my name for DAYSSSSSSSSSSS

It's evil I tell you, evil.

I want it so bad, I love that wine, and I am craving the taste, but I am being strong.
That is just too funny--a Girlfriend of mine craved Arbor Mist when she was pg too! The best part about it was that her hubby was a total wine snob and all they normally drink is pricey reds. Her obsession with Arbor Mist got so bad that she would keep a bottle in the fridge and chug a mouthfull directly out of the bottle, swish it around and spit it into the sink. By the time she was further along and thought it was okay to have 1/2 a glass now and again the craving had passed. But by that time we had all heard so much about the Arbor Mist that EVERYONE brought her bottles of it after she gave birth! There were at least 5 bottles sitting on her hospital table when I visited her 48hrs after delivery!
#23 of 37 Old 06-17-2006, 11:03 PM

I usually always cook what we eat from scratch but this m/s is just getting to me so bad...

So our freezer is currently stocked up with every imaginable convienence food you could think of. My favorite right now is Stoufer's Mac + Cheese. It is so creamy and doesn't make me nauseous!
#24 of 37 Old 06-18-2006, 12:28 AM

I love this thread.

We eat a salad every night. A huge green salad. Now, Just hubby does. It makes me ill to think of eating it. Sigh.

We rarely eat meat. Like 2X a month. This week alone I've had meatloaf, hamburgers, deli meat, eggs for breakfast (5/7 days), fish, peanut butter, more peanut butter and I am eyeing bar-b-ques, 'cus I want steaks...lots of steaks.... Nothing else fills me. I am always wanting more food and nothing feels right. It's driving me bonkers.

Oh yeah, anything cooked with oil makes me slightly upset to my stomach - for all foods!!!

And we love stirfries.

This too shall pass. SOON!!!!!
#25 of 37 Old 06-18-2006, 12:52 AM

let me just say.. today this is what I ate:

no breakfast...
lunch: a big fat Rueben and a side of coleslaw with a Big Glass of Ice Tea.
and 2 black and white cookies.

a 64 oz big gulp of Gatorade!! ( we spent the entire day car shopping ..it was hell)
a snack pack of teddy grahams ( split w/ 4 yo)

Dinner: 1 breast of chicken original recipe from KFC and a side of Mac/Chs and Mash Pot w/gravy. (also split w/4 yo) and another big glass of Ice T.

I know I should be ashamed... but for some reason I don't care.

We really need to go grocery shopping tomorrow.. we have like nothing in this house. but we got a new car!!! after 8 hours of searching...*sigh*

* I am seriously craving a snickers bar.. but I am too tired to persue it.
#26 of 37 Old 06-18-2006, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2wed

My biggest craving by far has been Mexican food. I want it all the time! The other day for lunch I was craving nachos, loaded with cheese, guacamole, sour cream, beans, chicken, salsa, hot sauce, everything! So off I went to my favorite burrito stand (Baja Burrito for those of you in or near Raleigh, NC). I made myself sick eating it, it was so good!
Hey! Thanks for the heads-up about Baja Burrito! We might go to Raleigh later in the week to visit the museum of natural history. We have only lived in NC about 3 years, so we don't know all the good places. Plus, we rarely eat out, which is another reason this thread is so hilarious.

We have gotten some form of takeout like EVERY day in the past two weeks. For lunch, DH had one piece of chicken and a huge plate of salad. I ate NO SALAD and FOUR pieces of chicken.

Jean, happy HS mom to Peter (5), Daniel (9) and Lucie (2) and also someone new... baby.gif
#27 of 37 Old 06-18-2006, 05:22 PM

This thread is the best! I am laughing out loud at all of our seriously crazy cravings!

Okay, last night at midnight I made DH go to Taco Bell (aka Taco Hell) to get me a bean burrito! It was the best! It has been at least 4 years since I have eaten there. He thought I was joking when I first asked. BTW, I never had these crazy cravings with my first pregnancy, nor did I make hubby go anywhere for food at midnight.

Hey, velveeta, Baja Burrito is not too far out of your way if you will be visiting downtown. It's right off of Western Blvd. Enjoy! I might even see you there!
#28 of 37 Old 06-18-2006, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbreffe
My favorite right now is Stoufer's Mac + Cheese. It is so creamy and doesn't make me nauseous!
We have been eating this for dinner at least once a week! :

Happily parenting our snuggly wild child since 2007 and her little brother since 2011!

#29 of 37 Old 06-18-2006, 06:11 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Ahh, on the guilt side... McDonald's McNuggets in their weird BBQ sauce. I usually don't care for the things, I'd prefer actual chicken - but now actual chicken makes me nauseous, and all I want are those McNugget things! And cheeseburgers - from anywhere. Cheeseburgers alwaaaays sound good now. And vanilla ensure or slimfast. Not as food replacement, but supplementally - omg I think those things are gross normally! And oh dear, those ramen noodle and taco bell suggestions have got me going now. One of those is probably going to be dinner. <hangs head> And for my daughter? Because I'm on a cooking strike? I got her those awful Kid Cuisine meals because they had Danny Phantom on them, who she loves. So she saw them and thanks me, and hugs me, and thanks me - elated. Way to rub that mother guilt in, lol.

On the just odd side - vinegar anything. Cucumbers in vinegar, salt and vinegar chips, salad with a vinegar dressing. Dairy - I don't generally consume dairy. Don't really care for cheese, milk gives me stomach cramps, but there's gotta be cheese on the burgers, and I've got a vanilla flavored dairy thing going on. Vanilla nesquik in milk if nothing else, heh. Eggsalad has been a big one. I've made it everyday for the past 4 days! I never eat egg salad - I Hate mayonnaise. Last pregnancy my cravings were lobster and scallops. This time around I want McNuggets, salad with vinegar and eggsalad sandwiches. My sister told me she prefered to eat with me last time around
#30 of 37 Old 06-18-2006, 08:25 PM

Maybe my problem is that I haven't brought much yummy junk food home. I only have healthy food in the house. I get starving, look in the cupboards, try a banana or some crackers (cooking just turns me off from eating) and then start the whole process over.

Taco Bell? Doritos? I had a tuna sandwich the other day that just hit the spot, black tea to settle my stomache and Dorito snack mix to fill me up.

And this from miso soup, brown rice, and vegetable girl!

Of course, I have little excuse, my husband has been great about cooking the most healthy veggie meals. Well, time to show him what I'm capable of.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page