had my ultrasound today... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 06-19-2006, 07:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I got there and the woman asked how far along i was. I told her almost 11 weeks. So she just did the abdominal ultrasound. She found the baby right away, but had a confused look on her face. She told me I wasn't 11 weeks. I sat and waited while she did her measurements. Then she turned the screen to me and let me see the lil bean. I could see the heart beating and I even saw her lil legs move. Then she told me I was all done and to have a nice day. I stopped her and asked her if I wasn't 11 weeks, how far along was I? She looked back at the screen and said I was 8 weeks and 4 days and due Janurary 25.

So that is why my midwife couldn't find the baby's heart rate at my first appt. While I am thrilled the baby is happy and healthy, I am a little disappointed to think that I'm not as far along as I thought I was.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 12 Old 06-19-2006, 07:58 PM

Hooray a little heartbeat! Who knows I keep reading posts of women whos babys have grown 2 weeks in one so maybe you are not as far off as you think.

Mama to Q (9/03) and M (12/06) :
#3 of 12 Old 06-19-2006, 08:01 PM

the same thing happened to me when i was pregnant with my son! i went in thinking i was about 8 weeks along and freaked out when they saw an empty sac. turns out i was barely 5 weeks along! i'm glad the little one has a strong heartbeat though, mama. congrats!
#4 of 12 Old 06-19-2006, 08:34 PM

So glad you saw your lil'one today! Isn't it a wonderful feeling?! Congrats!
#5 of 12 Old 06-19-2006, 10:26 PM - Thread Starter

It was very nice to see my lil pea! And that lil heart beating was amazing. It makes me feel like this is so much more real, enough though morning sickness won't let me forget!
#6 of 12 Old 06-19-2006, 11:29 PM

Glad you got to see your bean! And...it's really great they adjusted your edd. It would've been sad if you were induced for being falsely "overdue."

Happily parenting our snuggly wild child since 2007 and her little brother since 2011!

#7 of 12 Old 06-20-2006, 02:51 AM
Banned

That happened to me with my last pregnancy. Based on my LMP I should've been about 10 weeks but I was really only half that. I have screwy cycles. This time I know when I ovulated so I'm sure of my due date.
#8 of 12 Old 06-20-2006, 10:31 PM

Its ok, just means you are in the same boat I am .............
#9 of 12 Old 06-20-2006, 10:37 PM

Yeah!
#10 of 12 Old 06-21-2006, 01:10 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Yay!! isn't that the COOLEST thing? sorry you're not as far along as they first thought though...but at least they didn't do to you what they did to my friend and freak you out about it.

How do you know it's a "her?" Just curious. (I'd like to think I know...)

lovin DH since 1/04, best mom for my 3 boys 10/04, 11/08, 11/10 one girlie (1/07), one 13 wk (10/13) and 5/15 just your average multigenerational living family!!
#11 of 12 Old 06-21-2006, 11:02 AM

I am confused tho, because at 8w4d i dont think legs are moving visably! an 8week fetus looks like a gummy bear, is that what your babe looked like? or could you see legs/arms?

I think her measurements might have been off and you are closer to what you think...

Catherine
#12 of 12 Old 06-21-2006, 01:48 PM - Thread Starter

The picture they printed off for me, it does look like a lil gummy bear. But while she was letting me see the heart beating, we saw the lil gummy "legs" wiggle and kick a little. I assume it was the legs, since i saw where the head was and the movement was on the opposite side of the body. Sorry for confusing.

Also, i really hate saying it and I really don't have a nickname for this lil one yet, so I'm just calling the baby a her for now. I feel like it is a girl, but only time will tell, right?

Sorry for being confusing.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page