Misery loves company - join my pity party! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-22-2006, 12:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have to whine to someone! I'm just so miserable with this pregnancy. If #1 had been this bad we'd be adopting right now. This pregnancy is SO MUCH worse than the first time around. I feel like I've had the flu for 2 months. I'm taking zofran for nausea, which must be working ok since I only threw up 5 times last night betweeen 5pm and 8pm. My husband works like 80+ hours per week. He helps as much as he can when he is here (he's been great), but he isn't here that much. No food sounds good. If I don't eat, I feel worse. If I eat I still feel bad, but in a different way. It's 100 degrees here. I can't stand the heat. My poor sweet DS is tired of watching TV and having me lie on the couch. He screams when I vomit. Poopy diapers make me gag.

Ok - gripe away.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-22-2006, 12:56 PM

Oh that is so hard! I am not as bad off as you, and I feel very sorry for myself! Just constant nausea and crippling fatigue. I am nine weeks today. I am looking forward to better days.

I am much better this time than I was with DS. I attribute that to acupuncture.

Jean, happy HS mom to Peter (5), Daniel (9) and Lucie (2) and also someone new... baby.gif
Old 06-22-2006, 01:00 PM

Oh my! I really hope things start looking up for you. I feel I have nothing to complain about after reading that...
Old 06-22-2006, 01:43 PM

i feel your pain....i'm only 7 weeks but i feel like this pregnancy is gonna kill me! I can't kepe anything down and while the zofran does help a little it's still not enough.....
Old 06-22-2006, 01:44 PM

i feel your pain....i'm only 7 weeks but i feel like this pregnancy is gonna kill me! I can't kepe anything down and while the zofran does help a little it's still not enough.....
Old 06-22-2006, 02:18 PM

I've cried 4 times already this morning. 10 1/2 weeks and I still feel like sh*t. Feel like a crapy wife and mother. Feel like I just need to suck it up and get over myself, but that only makes me feel worse. Tired, cranky, nauseous and now feeling like I'm getting depressed. Ah, the joys of pregnancy. I so get what you said about if #1 had been this bad you would be adopting. I totally feel like my body has become something foreign that is turning against me.
Old 06-22-2006, 04:17 PM

Your posts are actually making me feel better (sorry). My only complaints are my bad skin & hair and my clothes don't fit but I am not ready for mat clothes yet.

I hope you guys feel better... hopefully the 2nd tri (which is pretty close for most of us) will make you forget all the misery!
Old 06-22-2006, 04:20 PM

:HUG OMG mama, you poor thing

I'd gripe but I dont have the energy ;(
Old 06-22-2006, 05:49 PM

I am so much more exhausted this time around. Yeah, I know I wasn't chasing a 3 year old around the last time, but I was working full time at a job I hated- and didn't sleep particularly well with my snoring husband then! It's a good thing my child is not one to go find knives to play with since I've fallen asleep during the day (for only a few minutes!!) several times. I'm also a lot more irritable this time around. Or maybe I was this much of a bitch before and my husband was just more tolerant of it than my child is!
Old 06-22-2006, 05:56 PM

Ah, Mama...sending you some LOVE. You need lots of it right now.
Here's my gripe. I've turned into a narcoleptic
Old 06-23-2006, 02:15 AM

Hugs, mamas. I've been feeling like crap too, and cry several times a day because I feel like such a failure as a mom and a partner. I haven't cooked in over a week because just the smell or even the idea of the refrigerator makes me vomit. I am exhausted, depressed, irritable, so sick, etc. I fall apart over the smallest things, and find myself lecturing my sweet 2 year old while he gives me worried looks. Oh, and I can hardly sleep at night, and even though I need a nap, I rarely actually sleep when I lie down. Today, my son watched me while I simultaneously had diarrea and puked into the trash can. His newest phrase is "mama throw up". The last pregnancy was also this hard, but I didn't have a 2 year old to look after. One secret I've found is that I'm much less likely to vomit up a meal made by someone else! So DH is cooking again, thank heavens.

Last night I took 2 benedryl because I remember them being safe for occasional use, and it helped with the sleep, but DS woke up 3 times that night (he usually sleeps through), so it didn't help all that much, though I was able to go back to sleep after comforting him. The only thing I've consistantly noticed is that the days that I can keep my B6 supplements down, I feel much better in the evening and the next day. My mom who is an ob/gyn nurse practitioner said to take 3 50 mg B6 tablets each day, but not too late in the day or they interfere with sleep. So I take one with breakfast and 2 with lunch, and hope I can keep them down. The days that I vomit them back up, I'm guaranteed a bad day the next day, but yesterday I kept them all down, and have felt quite a bit better today (why I'm typing now rather than lying comatose on the sofa). My midwife also took me off of my prenatals and had me just take a folic acid supplement which is much easier to keep down.

Finally, the days that I make plans with other, caring moms are so much better. Even if I am sick, at least I'm not sick, alone at home with my DS. I'm trying to make a goal of at least one outing each day to get me through. I also am ridding myself of any guilt of putting a video on for our 2 year old. Another mom reminded me that he will survive and it won't ruin him, though I may go crazy watching Dora 3 times a day ( his current favorite).

User Tag List