Using a Pendulum to Determine the Sex of Baby...or more - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 16 Old 07-07-2006, 06:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Many of us are wondering and guessing as to the sex of our little babes. I did both of the gender quizes on this board, both times it said girl.

I thought I would try another way, using a pendulum. First let me describe what a pendulum is and how to use it with text from a book called, Celebrating the Great Mother.

"Divination doesn't get much simpler than the pendulum, and even though its use is limited by its cut-and dried, yes-or-no format, it has been known to give valuable infromation...Your inner self knows your body...and the pendulum will swing to prove it."

To make a pendulum all you need is string (embroidery floss, thread...) and something with a little weight to it (fishing wieight, bolt, crystal). I use thread with a pretty button. "The traditional lenght for a pendulum string is the same as the distance between the outstretched thumb and little finger, added to the measure of the widest part of the hand."

How to use the pendulum: "When you ask a question, the pendulum will 'answer' by swingin and roating...To find out how your pendulum will respond hold the string about 8 or 9 inches up from the pendulum between the thumb and forefinger. Now ask a yes-or-no question to which you already know the answer. (Ex. hold it above a red piece of paper and ask 'is this paper red?')" Note how the pendulum swings.

Then ask it another question that will give you the oposite response. (Ex. "is this paper blue?") Note how it swings. Have fun with it. The first time I used my pendulum I tested it on all sorts of things.

So now the good part. Hold the pendulum above your belly and ask something like, "is this baby a boy?....girl?"

My pendulum said (or shall I say my inner self told me )...
I'm having a boy,
that he will be born before Jan. 10th (DD is 12/30 but I was 17 days over last preg.),
that I will not have to be induced with medicine (induced with cervadil sp? last time)
and that I will indeed have him at home.

I'd have to say I'm feeling pretty good about all of that
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 16 Old 07-07-2006, 10:11 PM

Interesting!!! I'm having a boy, it will be a successful VBAC w/o an epidural, a couple of days late and the one midwife in the practice whom I don't like will NOT be on call. Yay to all.
#3 of 16 Old 07-08-2006, 01:06 AM - Thread Starter

Awesome carrollmillins

So are the rest of you out there making your pendulums? And just waiting to post until you've asked all your questions?

I'd love to read more and then find out later if all turns out as predicted.

So I asked some more questions. I asked (starting with the date Jan.9) if I would have the baby on (fill in the blank). And kept getting no's for all the dates except Jan. 5 which I got consistant yes's.

So when DH came home tonight I told him all about it and showed him on the calendar where I wrote when our baby boy would be born. To be honest, I will be floored if it all turns out correct!
#4 of 16 Old 07-08-2006, 01:22 AM

Very interesting. It took me a few tries to get it working, but it finally gave me answers. A girl, born after her due date, and born at home.

I can't help wonder about whether there are subtle ways my fingers held the thread that made it swing or rotate to give the answer I wanted. Seems kinda funny I got all the answers I wanted. But that's just my inborn skeptic talking ;P I can't wait to see how everyone's predictions turn out!

Allison.... mom of DS1 (7) and DS2 (4) and awaiting #3 near the end of April 2011
#5 of 16 Old 07-08-2006, 06:02 PM

Havin' a girl, born on Jan. 1st (although it may have also said Jan. 2nd--maybe it'll happen right at midnight, huh?), vaginal, no complications, no pain meds. Seems pretty good to me! We'll see!

Oh, I thought of two more important (to me) questions that have been burning in my mind ever since thinking of becoming pregnant...the pendulum says the baby won't have food allergies or eczema (DS has life-threatening allergies and full body eczema flares that started at two months old and have caused endless frustration and sleep loss!)!!! I would feel so blessed if that were the case! I know there are plenty of worse things for a child to be burdened with, but being free of "itchers" is high on my wish list for this baby!
#6 of 16 Old 07-09-2006, 01:08 AM

Amen eli janine. I'm going to try the pendulum thing in a little while, but your post about food allergies and eczema caught my eye. My first little guy suffered with eczema for the first year of his life. He is also allergic to milk, eggs, and peanuts. I also hope my new baby is not an "itcher".
#7 of 16 Old 07-09-2006, 01:21 AM

Okay, that's so cool and I hope it's right! It will be interesting to track the pendulum success rate.

Healthy baby girl born will be born on January 4. Thanks for sharing this fun idea.
#8 of 16 Old 07-09-2006, 01:43 PM - Thread Starter

I am glad that those of you who have tried the pendulum have liked it. It is really crazy how it will just hang there, you ask it a question and it starts to swing. You ask it another question and the swing changes. It is mind boggeling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleumoose
Very interesting. I can't help wonder about whether there are subtle ways my fingers held the thread that made it swing or rotate to give the answer I wanted. Seems kinda funny I got all the answers I wanted. But that's just my inborn skeptic talking ;P I can't wait to see how everyone's predictions turn out!
You know I've thought about this. The first time I heard about pendulums was when I was a teen watching Oprah. DePach Choprah (sp?) who wrote "Ageless Body, Ageless Mind" talked about how if you held a pendulum and you thought about it to rotating clockwise it would, and then think counterclock wise and it would. He said it had to do with our energy.

I don't think it is our fingers making and movement but I do wonder if our wishes or intent make a difference. Yet in my case I kind of wanted a little girl this time and my pendulum (inner self) says boy. So...
#9 of 16 Old 07-09-2006, 06:18 PM

Seeking sisters, you didn't tell me about this! Hee hee - what fun. I'll just wait and use your pendulum the next time I see you.

Love,
Your Neighbor
#10 of 16 Old 07-10-2006, 03:59 PM

Great! The Universe predicts a daughter for us, born a little before the due date. And this agrees with 3 yo DS's prediction, but contradicts DH. DH is very scientific. He says it is going to be another boy b/c he "has too much testosterone to make a girl" Can you beat that?

I think I will go and ask the pendulum with this nausea is going to go away!!

Jean, happy HS mom to Peter (5), Daniel (9) and Lucie (2) and also someone new... baby.gif
#11 of 16 Old 07-10-2006, 04:23 PM

it didnt work.. whats wrong with me?
#12 of 16 Old 07-10-2006, 05:02 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaxmama
it didnt work.. whats wrong with me?
Nothing is wrong with you. What didn't work? What did happen?

Try again.
#13 of 16 Old 07-10-2006, 05:28 PM

maybe I did it wrong.. my hand was kinda shakey... anyway no matterwhat I asked it just twirled around the same way..even if I said obvious things..like is my shirt pink? is my shirt blue? same answer...I will have to try later... btw I used my wedding band on dental floss..heheh is that ok?
#14 of 16 Old 07-10-2006, 06:41 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaxmama
I used my wedding band on dental floss..heheh is that ok?
Love it! :
You could try touching the pendulum onto something...table, your belly...to get it to stop swinging/twirling before you ask it the next question... Just and idea.
#15 of 16 Old 07-15-2014, 05:02 AM

Question Sex of child

I used to work L&D and tried this several times. I seem to remember that pendulum would swing OR go in a circle . Am I wrong? And is boy or girl the
circle?
#16 of 16 Old Today, 02:06 PM

Mine said boy born july24 wish. Healthy. Have his dads looks and have blue green eyes.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page