Future Overdue Club - Mothering Forums

#1 of 20 Old 07-29-2006, 10:00 AM - Thread Starter
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Who else is pretty sure they're going to go past the due date? My first was born 2 days past the EDD. Yeah, not that big a deal. My second was born 4 days after the EDD. Again, not too bad. My third was born 16 days after the EDD.

So, I'm pretty sure that this baby is going to be born after the EDD, too. Since my EDD is now January 27th, that may just push me into February. But, I'm staying in the DDC.

Any other "late bloomers" out there?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 20 Old 07-29-2006, 01:24 PM

I actually ::snorted:: when I saw your title line.

Count me in. I have several due dates to go buy. LMP? 12/31 Ovulation date and 1 u/s? 1/3 another u/s? 1/8 I took 1/8 from the ob. In my head I'm counting my 1/3 because it does seem to be more aligned. Still, I had DH not take off work until 1/9...
#3 of 20 Old 07-29-2006, 01:38 PM - Thread Starter
Banned

At least that still leaves you well within the January range! I'm gonna be the January DDC member giving birth on Valentines Day!

Look, it's still July, and already talking about going overdue.

#4 of 20 Old 07-29-2006, 01:55 PM

I had dd 2 weeks early so I'm hoping that this peanut will stay in for at least that, but I don't wanna go over! I'm due the 31 so I wouldn't be a January mommy then, well except in my heart
#5 of 20 Old 07-29-2006, 04:08 PM

I was due on Jan. 31 with my DD and had her Feb. 10th! 11 days overdue My midwives were prepared to let me go 14 days past my u/s date of Feb.4, which would have been FOREVER! I was struggling to remember why I was grateful that they would let me go so late! I am due Jan. 18 and expect baby toward the end of the month. My birthday is Jan. 26th, sounds like a good day to me! 'Course, I've been reminding my friend who went early with her first that nothing is set in stone and you have to be flexible. I am fantasizing about going into labor at 38 weeks and being totally shocked!

sleepytime.gifC.- WOHM, CPST Instructor, and all around busy Mama to  blowkiss.gifA.- 02/04, bouncy.gif I. 01/07,babyf.gifE. 09/10 and

stork-suprise.gif expecting the surprise of our lives Fall 2012!

#6 of 20 Old 07-29-2006, 06:00 PM

Probably me too... Ds #1 was 9 days over. Ds #2 was ONLY 5 days over.
I padded my due date this time and won't actually tell family and friends when it REALLY is. I am expecting to have a new baby on or about Jan. 17th or 18th. We'll see...
#7 of 20 Old 07-29-2006, 07:54 PM

My son was 5 days past the edd. This babe probably will be as well.

Trying to build up my house, not tear it down namaste.gif.   Got 3 wonderful kids jumpers.gif  ribboncesarean.gif autismribbon.gif, blessed with a wonderful husband luxlove.gif and have the privilege of staying home full time to enjoy it all! 

#8 of 20 Old 07-29-2006, 09:40 PM

I was 14 days past due with my first and I am assuming this one will be just as happy to stay in!
I keep hoping for a February 1st birthday for this little one. It would have been my beloved grandmothers 90th birthday.
Suzy

Mother of two. : 4/05 and 1/07 Wife of one. : 7/01
#9 of 20 Old 07-30-2006, 12:53 PM

I always suggest to my clients to expect to be overdue...and give everyone a vague answer for a due date so people don't get bugged by friends and family...so I am saying end of January over and over again to everyone and it is helping me to believe...or to expect to be past the "due date". If I get something earlier it will be a treat, I guess. My mom didn't like that I would not give a date!! I can't remember if we told her in the end? Anyway you guys know as it is posted here... lets agree not to bug each other...well if someone is really overdue we can slag a little, right? :

Only about 5% of women give birth on their due date.

Also 2/3 of women who go 'overdue'...is just a normal pregnancy for them. The definition of overdue is 2 weeks past the due date based on edd or 12wk or earlier ultra sound only.

Because so many ob practices have a large client load and it is harder to keep track of everything they prefer to call over due 41 weeks just in case....someone can’t be contacted, someone is unsure of dates...

However, one can generally feel comfortable by letting someone go past 42 by doing a Biophysical Profile ( an extended ultrasound) and if all or most is well... this is showing fetal health and one can continue until birth or 2 -3 days when you would want to get another one done. This is a perfectly appropriate standard of care if someone wants to wait for the baby to be ready. Though I know many ladies just want to have the baby at that point! The fear with letting a baby go past the 42wk mark has to do with statistics that show an increase in fetal death...and even though a very small increase...this is why the biophysical profile is such a good option.

In case anyone cares...

I talk a lot...esp. about birth...it's my job and I love it! My apologies to all who do not care!!! Paige
#10 of 20 Old 07-30-2006, 02:20 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
lol, my due date is 1/29 by my dates, 1/31 by the ultrasound. I went 11 days past edd last time, so I'm expecting to enough this time that I'm also in the Feb due date club
#11 of 20 Old 07-31-2006, 12:52 AM

My son was born 17 days past my due date. My EDD based on LMP is 12/30, based on u/s 12/25. My midwife is sticking with the later. So you see I've counted on being over my due date from the beginning, otherwise I'd be in the Dec. club.

Paige thanks for the details. It's good info. I may just have to revisit it in a few months.
#12 of 20 Old 07-31-2006, 02:54 PM

I"ve heard that for those of us who want to go natural, that it's a good idea to give people a later date. My EDD is Jan 30 but I've been telling people teh beginning of Feb. That way if I'm going late, they won't be bugging me about getting induced or anything.
#13 of 20 Old 07-31-2006, 06:08 PM

I fully plan on a Feb birth. DS was 10 days overdue. But ~I~ was born a month late according to my birth mother. A MONTH! So, you know, she was 14 when I was born, but...sheesh -A MONTH!!!!! I'd want to dieeeee!

read.gif, mom to wild.gif and dust.gif, partner to malesling.GIF
#14 of 20 Old 08-02-2006, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsatz
I fully plan on a Feb birth. DS was 10 days overdue. But ~I~ was born a month late according to my birth mother. A MONTH! So, you know, she was 14 when I was born, but...sheesh -A MONTH!!!!! I'd want to dieeeee!
~I~ was born 6 wks late Gotcha beat! Several of my mom's siblings were 6 wks late as well. This is my first, but I'm already expecting to go in Feb.
#15 of 20 Old 08-02-2006, 12:27 PM

Well, an 8-week ultrasound dated me at December 30th, my chart says December 31st-January 1st, so I'm in this DDC because I figured its better to bet on late then early.

With DD one I was about 10 days early (due December 30th with her, she was born on December 21st) but we had super stressful stuff going on (DH was being deployed to Iraq) so I think that played in.

Naomi, mama to Faith (12/03) and Hannah (12/06) and Kai, a homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg on 5/15/10
#16 of 20 Old 08-02-2006, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldFashionedGirl
~I~ was born 6 wks late Gotcha beat! Several of my mom's siblings were 6 wks late as well. This is my first, but I'm already expecting to go in Feb.
HOLY DOODLE! Six weeks...that's half of another trimester!!!

read.gif, mom to wild.gif and dust.gif, partner to malesling.GIF
#17 of 20 Old 08-02-2006, 02:13 PM
Fay

I'm expecting to be overdue, too. My DS, like most babies born on my mother's side of the family, was late. I'm really worried about getting induced again -- it was traumatic for me and my DS. My due date is Jan. 15, but I'm hoping that this baby will be born on the 20th, DH's birthday.

"Isn't life a series of images that change as they repeat themselves?" - Andy Warhol
#18 of 20 Old 08-02-2006, 07:10 PM

I am praying that I don't have to join your club!! My first was 2 weeks and 2 days early and my second was 2 weeks and 1 day early... do you think that is normal for me??

But I also know that nothing is set in stone... I also know that since I have never carried a pregnancy to 40 weeks that if I had to go to 42 I would go crazy!! I plan on staying far away from you guys I promise not to bug you guys when you go overdue!
#19 of 20 Old 08-02-2006, 11:30 PM

count me in...

My son was 10 days past his due date (based on when I ovulated) and 15 days past his due date based on my LMP... which of course the doctors adamently stuck to, despite my efforts to enlighten them.

This little one is due on December 27th based on LMP and January 1st based on when I ovulated. We just had our 18 week u/s yesterday and he is officially measuring 19 weeks and 5 days. The ultrasound tech calculated a due date of December 21st. I'm predicting instead that he'll come when he's supposed to (New Year's) or very likely later and just be one heck of a big baby! (My son was a 10 pounder)

So... until January 11th I'm not going let myself get impatient - that covers off the 10 day overdue mentality (yeah right). I'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised and have this one in 2006, though.
#20 of 20 Old 08-03-2006, 08:51 PM

I'm pretty sure this will be a Jan baby, even tho my 'actual' due date is 12/30.

I was going to add a couple of weeks to the date to just give myself some room to breath as EVERYONE was up my butt about it last time and I was only 4 days overdue. But, that puts me way into Jan, so I just say, end of December, but more likely sometime in Jan.

Woman. Mother. Activist.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page