What does child want to name the baby? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-14-2006, 11:07 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We haven't settled on a name, but DD (3 1/2) has offered lots of suggestions. Mostly they are of the functional item variety-- tweezer, scissor, sofa- things like that and change often. The one that has stuck the most is Jab, so she now often calls her Baby Sister Jab. She will even tell strangers in public -if they ask- that we are going to name the baby Jab. One of my friend's DD wanted to name her new baby brother Jasmine. So it's always interesting to see what kids come up with.

So, what names have your older children offered?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-14-2006, 11:34 AM

Corbin wants his brother to be named Corbin. I guess he likes his own name so much, he wants to share. Another is "Bubby". So far, DS1 hasnt been too much help in the naming department.
Old 11-14-2006, 02:24 PM

Our DS (age 4) wants to name the baby Belle. It is a lovely name but it doesn't go well with our last name....
Old 11-14-2006, 02:46 PM

My DD insists the baby's name is LMNO (Elemeno?).

In the absence of a real name yet, that's what we've been calling her.
Old 11-14-2006, 02:55 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by storychick View Post
My DD insists the baby's name is LMNO (Elemeno?).

In the absence of a real name yet, that's what we've been calling her.
I think that's the best one I've heard!

We do call the baby Jab sometimes- afterall, as the one getting poked and kicked, I don't see it as altogether inaccurate!
Old 11-14-2006, 03:24 PM

We've nicknamed our baby "Pinwheel" because that's what his brother (my 5 yr old) suggested we name the baby.
I am loving the name "Reed" for a boy and my son insists that his baby brother (and he insists it's a brother...we are not sure) should be named "River Reed".
Old 11-14-2006, 03:44 PM

DD (4) wants to name her new baby brother Buttercup Magenta. She was 2 when her first brother was born and she wanted to name him Nemo Cheerio. DS (2) says his new brother should be known as Boy.
Old 11-14-2006, 03:52 PM

DS insists there are two babies (omigosh there are NOT!) and that their names are going to be "Tickles" and "Tickles 2". This is the boy who has been voluntarily introducing himself to other children as "Cookies" for a few weeks now.

Tickles & Cookies. My babies...

read.gif, mom to wild.gif and dust.gif, partner to malesling.GIF
Old 11-14-2006, 04:33 PM

My DD is insistent that we should name the baby "Sarah." She tells everyone that her baby brothers name is Sarah. When we try to explain that Sarah is a girls name and this is a boy baby, she still says "I want the baby to be Sarah!" The other day she seemed to get it... She paused thoughtfully and said, "Hmmm... I think Sophia would be OK!"

sleepytime.gifC.- WOHM, CPST Instructor, and all around busy Mama to  blowkiss.gifA.- 02/04, bouncy.gif I. 01/07,babyf.gifE. 09/10 and

stork-suprise.gif expecting the surprise of our lives Fall 2012!

Old 11-14-2006, 04:39 PM
Fay

The only name that DS has offered is Baby Bear...which is Ursula in Latin (I used to teach Latin). Ursula is at the top of our list now, but we won't make a final decision until after Baby Bear is born.

"Isn't life a series of images that change as they repeat themselves?" - Andy Warhol
Old 11-14-2006, 04:59 PM

"BABY!" And that is it - any discussion of a "real" name is completely unacceptable to DS age 3 1/2. Secretly I've already choosen the name Emmett....

According to DS we also don't know if the baby is a boy or girl (we've known since 20 week ultrasound). Any discussion of gender is also unacceptable. People ask me in public if I know the gender and I say "Boy" and DS says "NO! We don't know yet!"
Old 11-14-2006, 05:16 PM

I don't have any children yet, but I'm enjoying the show
:
Old 11-14-2006, 06:17 PM

LOL at the functional items, my niece did the same thing when my sister was pg last year!

DS has only come up with one name, Anya. But I think that was a fluke, cuz when I asked him, he first said Eliana, which is my sister's 6mo baby's name. when I pointed that out to him, he giggled and stumbled around and out popped Anya. I love the name, but it's not on our list.. dh wouldn't go for it I don't think.

This is a fun thread, I'm getting a huge giggled out of it!

Allison.... mom of DS1 (7) and DS2 (4) and awaiting #3 near the end of April 2011
Old 11-14-2006, 07:04 PM

Ryley wants the baby to be named Ryley. Or maybe, as a concession,
Ryley2! He did say that maybe Kiki would be okay, but that's what he wants to name every new toy. And we don't know what we're having, but he says he only wants a brother, one that doesn't cry or scream alot.
Old 11-14-2006, 07:35 PM

my niece thinks i should name the baby tinkerbell or britany spears. with my first pregnancy they wanted to name my baby Rosalita. kids come up with some interesting things

Jarrod & Nataleigh Est. 2004
DD Jayde 2005
DS William 2007
DD Lilleigh 2008
DS Edward 2010
DS Mikah 2012
Due July 2013
Old 11-14-2006, 10:31 PM

My son, who is allergic to all dairy, wants to name our baby "Colby"! Either that or "Cheese Man"! I don't know if he anticipates being allergic to the new baby or what, but he's stuck on the name!
Old 11-15-2006, 12:10 AM

DD has been refering to her as "Baba"
Old 11-15-2006, 12:18 AM

My son wanted dd1 to be "Lotion"

This was at a stage in his life that he wanted to be called "Circle" I was called "Battery" and DH was "Wall"

Mama to 3 kiddles. joy.giffencing.gif Doing my best and trying to stay afloat.vbac.gif

Old 11-15-2006, 08:59 PM

Our ds (4 next week) wants to name her Cinderella. He would start crying if we suggested anything else. He's come around now, but now we all call her Cinderella anyway because her real name is a secret.
Old 11-16-2006, 01:03 PM

Tulip.

My DD only wants to name her new sister Tulip, and gets pretty mad when we suggest otherwise. The ironic thing is that I almost chose Tulip for her middle name, since she was born in late April, when the tulips are actually blooming.
Old 11-19-2006, 07:26 PM - Thread Starter

DD is now telling everyone that the baby's nickname is going to be Jab but her real name is going to be Poke after I explained to her that the words mean about the same thing.
Old 11-20-2006, 01:31 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
My dd (4) was quite adamant over having exclusive naming rights to the baby. We ended up telling her that babies come to their mommies in dreams to tell them their names just to deter her unwavering insistence. Her biggest naming suggestions for the boy on the way - Tyler (a name a baby cousin of hers already posesses,) Toilet (so she can poop in his mouth,) Backpack (so she can wear him to school,) Soda (so we can suck him through a straw,) Sparkle (what she calls half her stuffed toys,) Lima Bean (because she's heard me refer to him as such,) and Kitty - in deference to her same-aged cousin who thinks that's the name of choice. She asks me at regular intervals if I've had the dream yet. Even has encouraged me to go sleep to have it, lol. As I'm still stuck for a name, I'm really hoping I *do* have that dream soon, LOL.
-Only slightly relatedly, my dd already had a stuffed toy (elephant) she christened LMNO for the "They might Be Giants" song. It's a great name. For a stuffed elephant anyhow, lol.
Old 11-20-2006, 01:40 AM

:

That is a great idea! I am ROFL at what children say!! I can't wait to E. starts to talk, pricless!!

My neihbors son who was two and a half INSTEADED that the bae to come be called Maskee_ Boo. We still call "noah' Maskee and he is going to be a yar this month!
Old 11-20-2006, 04:09 AM

We have a name picked out if the baby is a girl. But have yet to choose a boy's name. Quinn (4 1/2) suggested, Love. : What a sweety.

But picture it, a 13 year old boy Love. Or deep voiced 30 year old Love. Nah, don't think so.
Old 11-20-2006, 09:27 AM

Very early on in the pregnancy, DS said that the baby would be "Fish, fish" if it was a boy and "Faffe" (which meant giraffe) if it was a girl. We cracked up. He's talking much better now at 25 months, and he calls the baby by his name, "Easton."
Old 11-20-2006, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tannersmommy View Post
Very early on in the pregnancy, DS said that the baby would be "Fish, fish" if it was a boy and "Faffe" (which meant giraffe) if it was a girl. We cracked up. He's talking much better now at 25 months, and he calls the baby by his name, "Easton."
So you did 'steal' my name!!!

Hope to see you soon!!
Old 11-20-2006, 08:56 PM

These are hilarious. DS insists the baby is a girl (we don't know), and her name can only be Buzz Lightyear.

He also says he will consider "Daniel", which is *his* name. Silly boy! He's 3.5

Jean, happy HS mom to Peter (5), Daniel (9) and Lucie (2) and also someone new... baby.gif

User Tag List