Spotlight on miguelsmom - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 11-14-2006, 07:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
New spotlight this week...10 more to come...

So, if you were an animal what would you be?

If you had an all expenses paid vacation, where would you go, for how long and who would you bring along?

Greatest thing about pregnancy? Worst?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 11-14-2006, 07:17 PM

Hello there!

*What do you like most about where you live?

*What one value is most important to you to instill in your children?

*How would you describe your parenting style?

Thanks!
#3 of 7 Old 11-14-2006, 09:44 PM

Hello!!

What is your favourite pampering activity for yourself?

What is the thing you miss most when being pregnant?

What is the thing you love the most being pregnant?:

Julia
#4 of 7 Old 11-15-2006, 01:07 AM

I can't believe it, I had all my answers beautifully written (if I do say so myself) and I forgot my laptop wasn't plugged in and the darn thing went into hybernation right as I hit submit reply. I lost it all! What a dork! Ok here we go again:

So, if you were an animal what would you be?
- This is a harder question than I would have thought! I honestly hadn't ever thought of it. I keep thinking maybe I would like to be a Koala. Don't know why so much as I wouldn't mind hanging out in at tree with my baby on my back all day.

If you had an all expenses paid vacation, where would you go, for how long and who would you bring along?
- I would take my husband and kids to Mexico to see my husbands family. I've never met my in-laws and my husband hasn't seen them for years. It would be wonderful to finally be together and have our kids know both sides of the family equally. We might never leave ( but only if my family came to visit too)
Greatest thing about pregnancy? Worst?
- The greatest part is the baby at the end. I can't wait to hold my daughter! The worst has been the morning sickness, especially since I'm a waitress and the smells at work really got to me. YICKY!

What do you like most about where you live?
- I love living in the Pacific Northwest. It is truly beautiful here. We are currently living with my parents surrounded by an acre and a half of lush green forest and a creek. LOVE IT! I also love that so many generations live in the same house. It's great that my kids will be close to my parents. I just hope we can have that with my husbands family soon aswell.

*What one value is most important to you to instill in your children?
- I really think it's important to acknowlegde our families differing heritages. I think it's an important way to understand that even though people can come from different places, we all are really similar. In our house we celebrate both Mexican and American 'holidays', religious or otherwise. We are also bilingual (although my Spanish isn't all that great) our children will be raised to fluently speak both English and Spanish.
*How would you describe your parenting style?
- Open-minded?! I am definitely not mainstream. We co-sleep, breastfed and will again in January, selectively vax, we seek out alternative medicine, and I'm excited to start cloth diapers in December! Most importantly I've realized that it's a continuous learning experience, I'm not perfect nor do I need to be. As a family we learn from our mistakes and move forward.

What is your favourite pampering activity for yourself?
-Reading! I love reading a great book. It doesn't happen often anymore now that I'm a Mom. But that makes when it does all the more wonderful.

What is the thing you miss most when being pregnant?
- I would say coffee, but I've secretly been having one cup almost everyday for the last couple months . But it's not my fault, my uncle roasts organic, fair trade coffee beans. I really can't help myself.

What is the thing you love the most being pregnant?
- Again it's the baby at the end. Being pregnant has really been an impowering experience and becoming a parent has made me a better person. Which is always a good thing.

WHew, I didn't loose my answers this time!
#5 of 7 Old 11-15-2006, 06:54 PM

Hello there Kate!

It sounds lovely where you live, and with whom!

Ok, if you have been following the spotlights you know where this is going... :

What was the first record/8trak/tape/cd you bought?

WHat is the story of you and your husband?

Would you feel comfortable sharing your birth story with us?

I look forward to your responses! Take care, Paige
#6 of 7 Old 11-17-2006, 07:36 PM - Thread Starter

:
#7 of 7 Old 11-18-2006, 02:13 AM

What was the first record/8trak/tape/cd you bought?
-I honestly don't remember. What I do remember is when I was growing up we lived in Egypt and we had three or four tapes that we had to listen to and they were; U2, Rick Astley (sp), Tears for Fears. We listen to that song "Shout" a lot.

WHat is the story of you and your husband?
My husband and I worked together; he was a cook and I was a waitress (still am at the same place). We hit it off and were able to keep it a secret from our boss until my hubby quit and I told my boss that I needed some time off for my wedding. You should have seen our boss' face when he found out who I was marrying.
It was priceless! What made even more entertaining, was that EVERYONE at work knew about us but him. We were engaged in November, pregnant in April (with our first) and married in August!

Would you feel comfortable sharing your birth story with us?
When I gave birth to my son it was the best day of my life and not so much at the same time. I was induced on Christmas day because I was told by my OB that my blood pressure was elevated. (later I realized it may have had more to do with her vacation scheduled on my due date) So, after petocin from 8am to 1pm I was stuck at 5cm but contractions to die for. I was very determined to not have an epidural and did everything I could to work through the contractions that were about 1 or 2 minutes apart and had been for hours. Birthing ball, rocking chair, walking around, and the tub. (highly recommend the tub). Oh did I mention that my hubby came down with an evil cold and basically slept most of the day? Thank goodness for my mom, she was incredible. The petocin was starting to make me sick by 7 pm and I was still stuck at 5 cm!!!!!!!!!!! So I had the epidural and relaxed for a while, it took awhile for me to relax because the epidural only took on half on my bottom half. WEIRD FEELING. In a couple hours I was ready to push and our son Miguel was born 45 minutes later. He was perfect (of course). The hardest part was healing from the episiotomy and getting my milk to come in. Eventually it all came together but I'm going into this next labor with more knowledge and a greater sense of my self. I know you can't control the situation but you can know enough about your options to feel comfortable in the moment.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page