I know...Call me nosy - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 24 Old 11-17-2006, 02:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
But TWO people in the December DDC have had their babies already. Not one, but TWO. Just thought I'd spread the anxiety.
#2 of 24 Old 11-17-2006, 02:10 PM

aaaaaaaahhhhhh..................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*stuffing cotton in ears and shutting eyes tightly*
#3 of 24 Old 11-17-2006, 02:31 PM

I can't believe I'm actually saying this, but I so hope that I carry baby at least the full 40 weeks! I'm due on the 15th and I already think that's too close to Christmas/New Years. And whatever happens, I REFUSE to give birth on December 31st. That's my MIL's b-day and there is no way I'm giving her that honor! Yeah, I'm catty and nasty, but I'm the hormonal pregnant girl and that's just the way it is!
#4 of 24 Old 11-17-2006, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blastomom View Post
And whatever happens, I REFUSE to give birth on December 31st. That's my MIL's b-day and there is no way I'm giving her that honor! Yeah, I'm catty and nasty, but I'm the hormonal pregnant girl and that's just the way it is!

That's so funny because DH and I are really hoping that doodlebug arrives on 12/31 because it's as close to 40 weeks as I can get and still have the tax deduction (DH's concern), and because it would be fun to have your birthday on New Year's Eve, because you would always have an excuse to throw a really raging party (my concern)!
#5 of 24 Old 11-17-2006, 03:39 PM

I noticed too that two Dec. babies are here! One is in NICU but doing okay and the other was a bit early but still weighed something like 6 1/2 lbs (my firstborn full-term baby weighed that).
I did not feel anxious at reading that : ) I felt EXCITED!!!!
#6 of 24 Old 11-17-2006, 03:41 PM

Okay...I just had a twinge of anxiety
#7 of 24 Old 11-17-2006, 04:02 PM

I, too, felt really excited reading those posts...and the names were both really cute, and I so can't wait to not be pregnant and I jokingly say I want to deliver at 37 weeks...which would be end of December...sigh.
#8 of 24 Old 11-17-2006, 06:01 PM

It's not making me feel anxious, just excited that we're so close I take that back, it makes me realize that I REALLY need to order my birth pool... so make that minor anxiety.

I just realized I have only 6 -- SIX!! -- weeks until full term. wow!

Allison.... mom of DS1 (7) and DS2 (4) and awaiting #3 near the end of April 2011
#9 of 24 Old 11-17-2006, 06:35 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahappymel View Post
Okay...I just had a twinge of anxiety
#10 of 24 Old 11-17-2006, 10:50 PM

Quote:
That's my MIL's b-day and there is no way I'm giving her that honor! Yeah, I'm catty and nasty, but I'm the hormonal pregnant girl and that's just the way it is

I would do the same cross my legs and not push. I hate my mil too!

I know someone due in Jan and she lost her mucous plug at 32 wks and is having comtractions right now... hoping for us to all have full term babies.
#11 of 24 Old 11-17-2006, 11:07 PM

Yeah, its a little weird thinking that some of us might have babies next month! Hopefully only full term and healthy ones! I hit full term December 10th or 11th and this baby has my full blessing to come then.

Of course I totally jinxed the baby because I bought baby's first christmas stuff just in case (just a sleeper and a christmas ornament). I was due on the exact same day with DD and she was born December 21st, and my biggest regret was not having any baby's first christmas stuff for her so this time I covered my bases, even if it is going overboard and just encouraging the baby to come on the 26th

Naomi, mama to Faith (12/03) and Hannah (12/06) and Kai, a homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg on 5/15/10
#12 of 24 Old 11-17-2006, 11:19 PM

Quote:
And whatever happens, I REFUSE to give birth on December 31st. That's my MIL's b-day and there is no way I'm giving her that honor! Yeah, I'm catty and nasty, but I'm the hormonal pregnant girl and that's just the way it is!
That's so funny -- I don't think I would think of it as an "honor" at all -- I just think it would be a pain to have to share your birthday with a close family member.

I was very glad my daughter was born the day AFTER my husband's birthday, rather than on the same day, since this way they at least both get to have their own special day.

Sonja , 40, married to DH (42) since 5-29-93, DD born 11-3-2004, DS born 1-18-2007.
#13 of 24 Old 11-17-2006, 11:22 PM

And I am in the Oct and Nov DDC......and still preggo!

Mama to 9 so far:Mother of Joey (20), Dominick (13), Abigail (11), Angelo (8), Mylee (6), Delainey (3), Colton (2) and Baby 8 and Baby 9 coming sometime in July 2013.   If evolution were true, mothers would have three arms!

#14 of 24 Old 11-17-2006, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelBee View Post
And I am in the Oct and Nov DDC......and still preggo!

Eek Hope that baby comes soon Angela- I have been reading the updates on your long thread

I schedule my c/s date on the Thursday- I'm mostly likely delivering before christmas.
#15 of 24 Old 11-17-2006, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by niki_73 View Post
Eek Hope that baby comes soon Angela- I have been reading the updates on your long thread
Thanks We were expecting her about 11 days ago.

Mama to 9 so far:Mother of Joey (20), Dominick (13), Abigail (11), Angelo (8), Mylee (6), Delainey (3), Colton (2) and Baby 8 and Baby 9 coming sometime in July 2013.   If evolution were true, mothers would have three arms!

#16 of 24 Old 11-18-2006, 01:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skueppers View Post
That's so funny -- I don't think I would think of it as an "honor" at all -- I just think it would be a pain to have to share your birthday with a close family member.

I was very glad my daughter was born the day AFTER my husband's birthday, rather than on the same day, since this way they at least both get to have their own special day.
My uncle (actually my dad's cousin) has two daughters who share his exact birthday. They both just decided to arrive on that date (four years apart). No inductions or scheduled sections or anything. They all think it's a blast.
#17 of 24 Old 11-18-2006, 02:13 AM

I am both anxious to get everything ready and putting it off because it feels too early. I did have a moment of panic when a friend commented that I could have the baby in as early as 7 weeks. When I think of it that way I am not ready!

Of course, we are about to be insane and do a major home renovation project (putting in & refinishing existing hardwood floors, yay!) which will require us to have no furniture in our living & dining room or kitchen for 2 weeks, and be out of the house completely for 4 days at least. : We will only do it if we can for sure do it the first 2 weeks of December, which is what the contractor told us. I figure as much of a PITA it will be now, doing it with a baby in the house would be worse!

I also just realized that my FIL is likely to still be here when I hit full term, and really really hope I dont go into labor until he's gone. Cause that would just be awkward. I also really want to wait until after my MW comes back from a few days' trip around the 10th, because I would rather not have the backup. So mid-January is sounding better and better. Even if 9 weeks doesnt seem long enough.
#18 of 24 Old 11-18-2006, 04:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by storychick View Post
Of course, we are about to be insane and do a major home renovation project
We're right there with you! We're starting our project this weekend...will have no living room/kitchen for a week or two, then no bedroom for a while...hopefully we'll have those two things finished by the time the baby arrives...then we'll have a couple more months of building until we have a nursery and a new bathroom. Yippee!! Oh, and the best part is that DH is doing most of the work himself (he is a general contractor, though).

Here's hoping that both of our babes will hold off until things are a bit more settled!
#19 of 24 Old 11-18-2006, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtpesq View Post

That's so funny because DH and I are really hoping that doodlebug arrives on 12/31 because it's as close to 40 weeks as I can get and still have the tax deduction (DH's concern), and because it would be fun to have your birthday on New Year's Eve, because you would always have an excuse to throw a really raging party (my concern)!
My sister was born on 12/31 (and due early in December, my mom went over 3 weeks late). She HATED her birthday until she was about 18 This year she is turning 21 and she is SO, SO excited to have her 21st on New Years! She thinks it would both be fun to have the baby share her birthday, and she feels bad for the baby to have the 31st as a birthday!

We have family birthdays in abduance in late Dec/early Jan. I wonder what the mathematical odds are he will share a b-day: MIL (60 this year!)-12/26, sister (21 this year!)- 12/31, cousin- 1/4, brother 1/5, DH (30 this year!)- 1/14, me- 1/26 and DD 2/10. I think there is at least one birthday every week from 37 to 42 weeks!

sleepytime.gifC.- WOHM, CPST Instructor, and all around busy Mama to  blowkiss.gifA.- 02/04, bouncy.gif I. 01/07,babyf.gifE. 09/10 and

stork-suprise.gif expecting the surprise of our lives Fall 2012!

#20 of 24 Old 11-18-2006, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by storychick View Post

Of course, we are about to be insane and do a major home renovation project (putting in & refinishing existing hardwood floors, yay!) which will require us to have no furniture in our living & dining room or kitchen for 2 weeks, and be out of the house completely for 4 days at least. : We will only do it if we can for sure do it the first 2 weeks of December, which is what the contractor told us. I figure as much of a PITA it will be now, doing it with a baby in the house would be worse!
Yup us too. DH is finishing the bedroom closet and painting the bedroom, painting the kitchen and putting in new cupboards (everything is everywhere right now) and he finished laying new floors in the bathroom last weekend but i still want to install a new sink in the bathroom and new faucet in the kitchen.
#21 of 24 Old 11-19-2006, 11:14 PM

I saw that too!!! I have been checking in there because I am most certainly going to deliver in December, despite my due date of 1/2. In fact, I am going to go out on a limb and say I could be the first from the Jan DDC to deliver!! For two reasons: (1) I have such an early Jan due date and (2) I am definitely not going to make it to my due date. As some may remember, I have diabetes (they are still calling it gestational for now, but feel it may likely have developed into Type II), and each week, as the pregnancy hormones continue to ramp up, it gets harder and harder to control my blood sugar. They are tentatively planning to deliver me at week 37-early 38ish. So before Christmas, but possibly just right before.

AND I AM NOT READY!! I mean, I am terribly excited to meet baby Henry, and I did just get my new Moby wrap (which I am in love with), but I have two million other things to do before he's here (and zero energy with which to do it...) Oh well...things just work out the way they do!
#22 of 24 Old 11-20-2006, 04:48 PM

They've had MORE babies... (I think 4 more!!) unbelievable. :

I'm excited to see how/when our little DDC starts having our own
#23 of 24 Old 11-21-2006, 12:02 PM - Thread Starter

At this point, I'm hoping I go over my due date. So much to do right now, not enough time. :
#24 of 24 Old 11-22-2006, 01:16 AM

Quote:
I can't believe I'm actually saying this, but I so hope that I carry baby at least the full 40 weeks! I'm due on the 15th and I already think that's too close to Christmas/New Years. And whatever happens, I REFUSE to give birth on December 31st. That's my MIL's b-day and there is no way I'm giving her that honor! Yeah, I'm catty and nasty, but I'm the hormonal pregnant girl and that's just the way it is!

I'm due the 19th. My Mom's b-day is the 17th and my SIL is the 26th.

Now, I love them both, but everyone keeps saying how "great" it would be if Zoe is born on one of their birthdays and I just DO NOT FEEL THAT WAY!

She deserves her own day. She's her own person. And frankly, with my SIL at least, I just don't like her quite that much IYKWIM.

On a related note, DH lost a very wonderful, loving, awesome Aunt and DD1 was born on the 1 year anniversary of her death. It was very healing for his whole family and we felt very blessed by it.

Holly

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page