For those of you that have been following job situation w/ dh... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 11-17-2006, 08:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I thought I'd give an update. First of all, thank you, THANK you for thinking about us, and for all of the encouragement thus far.

For those that don't know, I am a sahm and my husband was laid off from a really nice job at the end of September. We had had enough money for us to live/pay bills thru November.

He has had several interviews, and he sends off more and more resumes every day. He even had 4 interviews with one firm! We thought it was in the bag...but the hiring attorney hired one of his 'buddies' that didn't even interview for the position. We also got another rejection today from another strong lead. The good news is that my husband is a wonderful man, and that our family is healthy and so happy. We are realy blessed beyond measure.

We have a few other prospects moving along, and still feel that we will here something very soon.

It's just that it's almost the end of November, the end of our savings, and Christmas is upon us...I am needing your love, light, and prayers now more than ever. Thank you and God bless to each one of you!

Sarah
#2 of 6 Old 11-17-2006, 09:20 PM

Don't worry Sarah, tis the season for Miracles my friend.. in the mean time..is there anything you need perhaps??? for Noah or new baby Zoe ( thats was the name you chose right?)
I have some hand me down CD's if your going that way?? that I could spare and send ya'll.. and I also have some clothing my son has outgrown if your interested..I am in the process of packing them away for new baby but if your guy could use them now I would love to help you out. feel free to PM me with anything you may need Mama I am wishing you and your family a wonderful holiday season and I will keep you all in my thoughts..
#3 of 6 Old 11-17-2006, 10:04 PM

You are an amazingly strong and positive woman, and your family is lucky to have you!

I'm sorry to hear that that last prospect didn't come through...I hate when office politics and nepotism trump good judgment. :

I think of you and your family often, and I will send even more good vibes your way...I know this will work out right for you all in the end. And yes, you are truly blessed, to have such an adorable son, a hard-working hubby, and a new little one on the way.

Please know that many people care about you and are wishing you the very best!
#4 of 6 Old 11-18-2006, 10:55 AM

You have a fantastic positive attitude. I'm so sorry things aren't picking up for you and your family. Hopefully something will pan out soon. Many businesses hire seasonal help. I know looking for a job is a full time job, but would it be possible for your dh to take some sort of temporary seasonal job just to help get you through the next few months?
#5 of 6 Old 11-18-2006, 11:02 AM

You have such a good attitude about this portraitpixie... It really makes all the difference. Reading your positive affirmation thread, I am reminded of the "Circle" book by Laura Day that talks about invisioning your future/goal and seeing it as a reality. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family as we all hit the holidays...

sleepytime.gifC.- WOHM, CPST Instructor, and all around busy Mama to  blowkiss.gifA.- 02/04, bouncy.gif I. 01/07,babyf.gifE. 09/10 and

stork-suprise.gif expecting the surprise of our lives Fall 2012!

#6 of 6 Old 11-18-2006, 01:22 PM

Sending you hugs and good job finding vibes to your husband...and like others I am so touched by reading about your positive loving attitude! Best, Paige

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page