Is it possible to still have 2 months left? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-18-2006, 11:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am feeling SO pregnant today... I finally went shopping to get an outfit for this stupid class reunion next weekend. I don't fit properly into many of the XL at Motherhoood. It was very frustrating and aggrevating to try to find something that looks cute but doesn't make me look so fat...

I really think I am about as big as I was when I had my DD. I can't belive I have 9 weeks left!! Everyone asks when I am due and are SHOCKED when I say January I am just exahusted and feeling very, very pregnant. I don't remember being THIS ready to be done with DD! Anyone else just ready to be done?

sleepytime.gifC.- WOHM, CPST Instructor, and all around busy Mama to  blowkiss.gifA.- 02/04, bouncy.gif I. 01/07,babyf.gifE. 09/10 and

stork-suprise.gif expecting the surprise of our lives Fall 2012!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2006, 01:52 AM

Im right there with ya and I have just over 10 weeks left. I think a big reason most people are shocked when you tell them that youre due in January is because so many people dont really realize that January is only a little more than a month away.

You will have your baby before you know it and wonder what happened to the last 2 months of your pregnancy. Have fun at the reunion if at all possible!
Old 11-19-2006, 02:18 AM

I feel the same way! I also don't think people realize that Jan is really not that far off. I've got 9 1/2wks left, and I've gotten that same reaction from people. Maybe it's because there is so much that takes place between now and then, like the holidays, and in peoples' minds Jan seems like a long ways to go still. Hopefully all the "busy"-ness will help it go by quickly for us all.

Happily married, busy mom to a houseful :-)

Expecting again early Oct 2014!

Old 11-19-2006, 02:43 PM

I've got 6.5 weeks until my edd. The fact that it *could* be 2 months is dragging me down. I'm really hoping for just a little early. Of course, that's what I hoped for last time too and was late. This little guy is in a better position though, so maybe that'll help.

I'm the same weight now as when I delivered last time. Not so keen on that. The good news is I'm much more comfortable so I guess that's something.

Oh, and I've changed pants/skirts 4 times this morning already (that's about once an hour) because whatever I was wearing wasn't comfortable.
Old 11-19-2006, 03:56 PM

I have about six weeks left now and I wouldn't feel so bad about still having that far to go if it wasn't for the fact that complete strangers feel that they can yell across stores to me and tell me that I look "SO READY"! It seems that people have no scrupples when it comes to pregnant women.

And I totally know how you feel, when you tell someone that you are due in January they all but gasp. I guess they assume that January means the end of the month?? So I have started lying and saying that I am due at the end of December because I am so tired of the comments. Its not that far off from my due date anyways, but at least for some reason December seems closer to them than January. But really though, I sometimes ask myself why I feel the need to justify any of this to people who I don't even know. Ugh.
Old 11-19-2006, 06:18 PM

Just wanted to suggest that you check out the maternity section at Sears if you have one near you. I'm a plus size mama normally, so Motherhood and all those other maternity stores are pretty much useless for me. I've gotten some really good stuff at Sears though. The quality is good, often it's on sale, and it seems to hold up well. They also have a couple racks of nice plus size stuff, so if the XL aren't fitting & you need a 1X to get you through they may have some stuff.

Also, our JC Penny's doesn't carry maternity in the store, but last time I ordered some tops online and they were also very nice. I'm still using them this time around.

Good luck!

Holly
Old 11-19-2006, 07:46 PM
Banned

My EDD is Jan 25 and I can't find ANY maternity shirts that fit me correctly. They're all too short if I buy my size, and if I try to go up a size they're still too short but also way too wide. Who's the genius that decided short maternity shirts was a good idea???? It must've been a man.
Old 11-20-2006, 03:33 PM

I feel like I look SO pregnant, but at a business function last week a COMPLETE STRANGER suggested that I wear more "maternity-looking" business clothes so people wouldn't assume I'm fat.

STRANGERS are telling me I look fat vs. pregnant!!!

8 weeks cannot pass quickly enough!!!

read.gif, mom to wild.gif and dust.gif, partner to malesling.GIF
Old 11-20-2006, 05:54 PM

I was in Wal-Mart today and checked out the small maternity section they have. The shirt that caught my eye they had ONLY in 1X-3X. Not my size but it did make me think of those here who have a hard time finding larger sizes. The one I was looking at was on sale for $7. Might be worth a trip.

User Tag List