November Updates - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 29 Old 11-18-2006, 11:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I don't know about the rest of you but I feel the clock ticking away.... its almost our turn ladies!

How far are you along now?

Do you think you will have your baby before of after your edd?

Do you think your baby is going to small, average or large sized?

Is your baby head down?

Does it kick mostly on the right or the left side?

When is your next mw or drs appt?

Do you have an outfit chosen to go home in for baby? If so describe it..

What nesting have you done thus far?

What do you still need to do for baby's arrival?

Do you have a name chosen yet?

Are you using sposie diapers or cloth? If cloth tell us what you have acquired thus far.

Do you feel ready (or nearly ready) to have this baby yet?

Any thing you want to add?
#2 of 29 Old 11-18-2006, 11:36 PM - Thread Starter

How far are you along now? 31 wks today!

Do you think you will have your baby before of after your edd? Before my dr agrees also.

Do you think your baby is going to small, average or large sized? The dr said the baby was average sized last wk. I am aiming for a nice 6lbs with a small head.

Is your baby head down? Yes since 23 wks

Does it kick mostly on the right or the left side? ethier baby's butt pivots from one side to the other time to time. Right now baby is on the left and feet to the right.

When is your next mw or drs appt? Dec 5th?

I have a white cable knit one peice chosen(3mth), if the baby fits nb this time a white sleeper. My son wore 3mth from birth.

What nesting have you done thus far? Some cleaning but alot of cooking. I have 30 meals in the freezer.

What do you still need to do for baby's arrival? I need to get a hat, wash the clothes, pack our bags (baby's, my sons and mine.)

Do you have a name chosen yet? Kindof nothing definate. Probably won;t have a name until I am pressured at the hospital.

Are you using sposie diapers or cloth? If cloth tell us what you have acquired thus far.
Cloth!
7 custom pockets
2 xs fuzzi bunz
21 kl0's
3 prowraps
15 unknown covers
15 infant prefolds
20 small pockets (customs and fb)
2 hh
1 sb
more that I can't think of..

Do you feel ready (or nearly ready) to have this baby yet? I feel sort of ready... will feel better in a few wks as I get more stuff done.

Any thing you want to add? This part is going fast.. it feels like I am on a roller coaster and it won't slow down.
#3 of 29 Old 11-19-2006, 12:14 AM

How far are you along now?33 weeks

Do you think you will have your baby before of after your edd?Before

Do you think your baby is going to small, average or large sized?Large Baby here!!! I assume 21" and around 8lbs

Is your baby head down?Yes, since week 25

Does it kick mostly on the right or the left side?Left side,

When is your next mw or drs appt?November 30

Do you have an outfit chosen to go home in for baby? If so describe it..I'm having a homebirth:

What nesting have you done thus far?cleaning

What do you still need to do for baby's arrival?Everything is ready now no rushes

Do you have a name chosen yet?Yes, she'll be Osireth Rebbekah or if it's surprise us with a boy, he will be Rorian Dobrogotz

Are you using sposie diapers or cloth? If cloth tell us what you have acquired thus far.Sposie

Do you feel ready (or nearly ready) to have this baby yet?I'm more than ready!!! I can't wait

Any thing you want to add?I hope this baby comes before Christmas, she has been very active lately,She'll be just like DD#1 I bet maybe even 2 weeks before EDD
#4 of 29 Old 11-19-2006, 12:32 AM

don't know about the rest of you but I feel the clock ticking away.... its almost our turn ladies!

How far are you along now? 30 weeks and some days.... 31 weeks on Monday

Do you think you will have your baby before of after your edd? Nope

Do you think your baby is going to small, average or large sized? Large

Is your baby head down? NO!

Does it kick mostly on the right or the left side? Middle, bottom, and right side

When is your next mw or drs appt? Nov 28

Do you have an outfit chosen to go home in for baby? If so describe it.. No outfit choosen. I don't completely understand the "going home" outfit business. So it won't be a special outfit - just something warm enough for whatever the weather is doing.

What nesting have you done thus far? Bought some closet organizer stuff at Ikea. We'll take down the guest bedroom furniture after Thanksgiving and then I can nest away getting the room set up.

What do you still need to do for baby's arrival? Recover the glider we got from Freecycle, finish the crib bumper, put the room together - move in the furniture and etc. I don't think I'll do any particular cooking - but I may stock up on some stuff from the store to put in the freezer. I didn't really have time for even made ahead meals with #1 anyhow (as in eating them after baby arrived).

Do you have a name chosen yet?I like Emmett but we haven't 100% settled the matter with DH. He doesn't love my ideas but doesn't offer any suggestions of his own.

Are you using sposie diapers or cloth? If cloth tell us what you have acquired thus far.Sposies.

Do you feel ready (or nearly ready) to have this baby yet? No rush. Getting a bit more physically uncomfortable but am hoping for a Feb arrival.
#5 of 29 Old 11-19-2006, 01:31 AM

How far are you along now? 30 wks 3 days

Do you think you will have your baby before of after your edd? after

Do you think your baby is going to small, average or large sized? large

Is your baby head down? yes

Does it kick mostly on the right or the left side? both

When is your next mw or drs appt? less than 2 wks

Do you have an outfit chosen to go home in for baby? If so describe it.. planning a homebirth, but first outfit will probably be a cute, comfy gown with a squishy soft cloth diaper underneath

What nesting have you done thus far? deep cleaned & reorganized older kids' room, our room, put together nb diaper stash and most of the clothing

What do you still need to do for baby's arrival? Order birth kit and gather supplies, deep clean house room by room, organize "baby area" in our room, wash nb diapers, knit nb & sm wool soakers, make freezer meals, make baby blankets and matching burp cloths

Do you have a name chosen yet? yes

Are you using sposie diapers or cloth? If cloth tell us what you have acquired thus far. Cloth

2 dozen Thirsties prefolds
4 nb Mutt fitteds
2 xsm Very Baby fitteds
6 Kissaluv 0s
3 xsm Fuzzibunz
6 nb Bummis SWW
1 nb Bummis Whisper Pant
1 nb Thirsties cover
1 nb/sm Loveybums wool
4 sm Bummis SWW
1 med Loveybums wool
2 dozen flannel wipes
2 dozen velour wipes
And.. I'm planning on knitting a few nb and sm wool soakers too

Do you feel ready (or nearly ready) to have this baby yet? Getting close but want to get some things done first :-)

Happily married, busy mom to a houseful :-)

Expecting again early Oct 2014!

#6 of 29 Old 11-19-2006, 02:01 AM

How far are you along now? 30 weeks

Do you think you will have your baby before of after your edd? Probably right around. I had DS at 38w exactly and DD the day before EDD. They were both right about 8 lb, so I think my body just kicks them out when they get to that size.

Do you think your baby is going to small, average or large sized? Like I said, around 8 lb

Is your baby head down? yup, though every dream I have of birth she's breech.

Does it kick mostly on the right or the left side? She likes to stick her bum to my left and then push out with her feet on the right, like she wants to burst through that way.

When is your next mw or drs appt? A week from Monday.

Do you have an outfit chosen to go home in for baby? If so describe it.. Well, we're homebirthing, but I think I know which outfit I will put baby in first.

What nesting have you done thus far? This week I've gone insane... rearranging all my kitchen cupboards and the pantry, dealing with the mess that is our kitchen table, rearranging furniture... and we're planning on redoing the floors in our living & dining rooms and kitchen in the next few weeks. : At least I have the baby's clothes in a dresser, though they need to be washed, and my DD's new bedroom furniture is arriving Tuesday so we can get that squared away, and we redid DS's bedroom today and just need a few finishing touches... and we dealt with the Toy Pit of Doom today too. Like I said, it hit hard suddenly!

What do you still need to do for baby's arrival? Not much. A few odds and ends for the birth supplies, wash the baby clothes and diapers, and make sure the infant seat we borrowed fits in the car well. At some point we'll put up the crib, but if it doesnt happen before baby that's fine. We need some small stuff like a new changing pad but again, its all stuff that can wait.

Do you have a name chosen yet? No, DH and I still can't agree. We're getting closer, though.

Are you using sposie diapers or cloth? If cloth tell us what you have acquired thus far. I have loads of cloth but I bought some sposies too. We mostly use prefolds with Bummis Super Whisper Wraps, though I have an assortment of other stuff too.

Do you feel ready (or nearly ready) to have this baby yet? In terms of stuff, yes. Physically, very ready to be done being pregnant. Emotionally, not yet! But much closer now that these projects are getting done, and its feeling more real. Putting the baby clothes in the dresser and moving it into our room really got me excited to meet this little girl.
#7 of 29 Old 11-19-2006, 02:35 AM

How far are you along now? 33 weeks tomorrow

Do you think you will have your baby before of after your edd? before, we set our c/s date on Thursday

Do you think your baby is going to small, average or large sized? probably small because we will deliver early

Is your baby head down? no transverse

Does it kick mostly on the right or the left side? neither, she kicks up top as her back is at the bottom of my uterus

When is your next mw or drs appt? mw on tuesday the 21 and OB on the 23rd

it is from mexx, a brown tunic dress with pink trim and matching pants and a sweater and bonnet knitted by my grandmother

What nesting have you done thus far? new kitchen cupboards, bedroom closet and flooring in the bathroom, and the whole house is getting a fresh coat of paint tomorrow. I have over 2 weeks worth of meals frozen too. : All her clothes and diapers have been washed and put away.

What do you still need to do for baby's arrival? "need"- nothing but i still want to get a new fleece hotsling.

Do you have a name chosen yet? Addison Grace

37- nb mutts
14- KL 0s
5- sm fussybutts covers
3- sugar pea fleece covers
6- nb Bummi's SWW
1- MM longies
3- nb WAHM longies
2- Whimiscal fairies soakers
2- WAHM soakers
2- clothmopolitan fitteds

Do you feel ready (or nearly ready) to have this baby yet? please soon, I'm definatly ready.

#8 of 29 Old 11-19-2006, 12:21 PM

How far are you along now? 31wk4days

Do you think you will have your baby before of after your edd? Hoping before! But probably after...

Do you think your baby is going to small, average or large sized? Large! DD was just shy of 9lbs and DH and his sibs were all around 10lbs!

Is your baby head down? I think he has turned as of right now, but he is pretty unstable and was breech at my last appointment

Does it kick mostly on the right or the left side?All over, it use to be the right, but now he is all over!

When is your next mw or drs appt? Nov. 27th, the Monday after Thanksgiving. And I will have another u/s the first weeek in December to make sure my placenta is out of the way now!

Do you have an outfit chosen to go home in for baby? If so describe it.. No, but I have a couple that I am leaning towards. Both are one piece with matching hats- one is blue/green/orange stripes, the other is a Carter's blue/yellow duckie outfit

What nesting have you done thus far? We have painted the babies room, set up the furniture, sorted all of the clothes by size, cleaned the house from top to bottom... I am trying to get DH to paint the kitchen cabinets but it turns out that this is MY nesting, not his!

What do you still need to do for baby's arrival? Wash the clothes and diapers, set up the co-sleeper and pack the bag for the hospital

Do you have a name chosen yet? Not for sure, but we are leaning towards Noah William

Are you using sposie diapers or cloth? If cloth tell us what you have acquired thus far. Mostly cloth... I have 10 kissaluv size 0, 18 prefolds, 4 newborn prowraps, 2 small bummis, 4 small wool wraps, 6 cuddlebuns, 6 SOS, 4 Mutts. OS, 4 WAHM made one size, plus the medium/large GN stuff from DD

Do you feel ready (or nearly ready) to have this baby yet? Yeah, I was just reflecting on that last night. If I was to go early, I would be fine. I'm even in decent shape at work. I think I am just ready to be done!

Any thing you want to add? I'm just feeling the third trimester hard these days. I am tired and sore, starting to swell and getting really big. I don't find peoples comments amusing and I am dreading seeing my family and IL's over Thanksgiving. I don't feel like discussing the possibilty that my due date is wrong, how big I am, how much weight I have gained, how big the baby might be, if I will be induced, blah, blah... : I am beginning to want to stay home and hibernate. I am alternatly grumpy and super-nesting. My poor DH is very exhausted with me! But I remember too, the beauty of these last few months, missing the baby moving inside, missing that special feeling of having a new life growing in you... I really do enjoy being pregnant and have no lisence to complain, I am just grumpy today!

sleepytime.gifC.- WOHM, CPST Instructor, and all around busy Mama to  blowkiss.gifA.- 02/04, bouncy.gif I. 01/07,babyf.gifE. 09/10 and

stork-suprise.gif expecting the surprise of our lives Fall 2012!

#9 of 29 Old 11-19-2006, 12:51 PM

31 wks and a couple days

right around my EDD(based on O not lmp), give or take a couple days. DS came right at the EDD calculated by when I O'd.

large. I'm expecting 9.5+ lbs and 22", though I would dearly love a wee tiny 8lb baby

Is your baby head down?
yep

lately it's been kicking on the left side

mid-december

having a homebirth, but I haven't yet picked the first outfit. Probably will once I get out the nb/sm clothes.

I cleaned the family room carpets last week. I'm trying to stay on top of regular cleaning but am feeling dreadfully lazy these days. I would like to do some serious decluttering, get rid of the boxes of give-away stuff in the basement, ebay some other stuff, clean out closets, organize the pantry, and clean out cupboards.

in addition to the stuff mentioned above, aquire a dresser for baby, clean and wash baby clothes/diapers, knit some soakers/longies, order birth pool and buy birth supplies, start relaxation practice with dh, choose a doula, move furniture around in the bedroom to make room for cosleeper, set up cosleeper. Probably more little stuff I can't think of.

We have a short list, but no firm decisions will be made till baby arrives.

cloth. we have mostly stuff from ds. Haven't pulled it out yet but I think we have
in nb/sm size:
18 prefolds
~24 kissaluvs
2 fuzzibunz
a few assorted covers
random fitteds I haven't decided yet if I'm using (they're really ratty, got off freecycle)

in med size, which ds was in by 3 months:
24 prefolds
12 fuzzibunz
1 kissaluv
4 motherease air flow covers
a few wool covers
other assorted covers
more of the ratty fitteds

I'll wait and see how big this baby is and what sex before I acquire more dipes

nearly ready. Most of the stuff on my to do list isn't super important, so I don't feel terribly stressed about getting it done. But I am really taking the time to enjoy having only one kid to attend to and as much as I'm ready to be done being pregnant, am glad I still have 2 months with just one kiddo!

Allison.... mom of DS1 (7) and DS2 (4) and awaiting #3 near the end of April 2011
#10 of 29 Old 11-19-2006, 01:55 PM

How far are you along now? 33w 4d

Do you think you will have your baby before of after your edd? My dates are a bit fuzzy. The range goes from 12/30 to 1/8. I'd really like on the earlier side of that.

Do you think your baby is going to small, average or large sized? He'll probably be between 6.5 and 7 pounds.

Is your baby head down? YES! He just turned in the last couple of weeks. I cannot tell you how happy I am about that.

Does it kick mostly on the right or the left side? Mostly on the top or right, but my placenta is at the top on the left, so I might not feel it so much there.

When is your next mw or drs appt? Week after Thanksgiving.

Do you have an outfit chosen to go home in for baby? If so describe it.. I'm hoping for a homebirth. Everthing is in the drawer. Guess I should pick something out.

What nesting have you done thus far? I've been clearing out all the clutter in the house. There must be 3 lawn and garden garbage bags full of stuff for goodwill. Dh will have to drop it off. They are so full I can't lift them. I also cleared out a bunch of kid/baby stuff that we just never really used. Gave it all to a pregnant mom's group I go to. Let someone else try it.

What do you still need to do for baby's arrival? Hubby's belief that everything will go just fine.

Do you have a name chosen yet? Oh yes. About 2 dozen. Should I narrow it down?

Are you using sposie diapers or cloth? If cloth tell us what you have acquired thus far. Cloth. I've got a huge stash from my other kids. All I bought was a few more newborn size covers.

Do you feel ready (or nearly ready) to have this baby yet? Anytime after December 15.

Any thing you want to add? Nope.
#11 of 29 Old 11-19-2006, 06:08 PM

31 weeks, 3 days
Before. I keep joking with the midwives that I want to deliver at 37 weeks, but I'd be content with 39.
Average. Ds was just under 8#s and 20 inches.
Is your baby head down?
Yup. Has been for awhile now.
Kicks on the upper right; and punches, tickles and elbows down low and on the right, sometimes a twist to the left.
When is your next mw or drs appt?Just had a mw appt, next one Dec 7th, and then our home visit 2 weeks after that...
Do you have an outfit chosen to go home in for baby? If so describe it.. We're having a home birth...and there are so many cute little things to try! Probably a kimono shirt and a sack.
I wish I'd have done a lot, but I'd have to say just about none. I'm still nauseous/inpain/anemic, and trying to take it easy...My goal is to hire someone to clean....we'll see if we come up with the $$ for that, though!
Everything. We have my ds's sheepie, and baby will sleep with me in my queen size bed, dp and ds doesn't share it with me, cuz I'm too light of a sleeper...We need a car seat and any kind of place-the-darling-in-this for a moment alone in the bathroom device...we've given absolutely everything away from ds, every stroller, sling and backpack, swing, bouncer, jogger, crib...the whole nine yards...so we'll have to see what it seems like we're needing when the time comes...I don't know that we have much room for stuff right now, and it feels too early to store things that will amp up dp's anxiety levels.
We had picked one we thought was unique, but we're rethinking, and not exactly brainstorming on names...we'll figure it out when the baby comes.
sposies to start, and we'll probably use a diaper service like we did with ds. Navigating the world of cloth seems like a labyrinth to me.
Yes, physically. No, emotionally. It seems close but then also far off...it's both tangible and completely intangible to imagine how the dynamics of our lives will be altered. I DO want to have my me back.
I'm starting to want to hole up, and not listen to insensitive comments about my size, I wish someone would invite us over for Thanksgiving dinner, and I'm not sure what to do to prepare this time around when all I really want to do is lie down. Ds has already informed me that "Dad is the FUN one!"
#12 of 29 Old 11-19-2006, 09:43 PM

How far are you along now? 32 weeks 2 days

Do you think you will have your baby before of after your edd? I'm hoping around my due date and not too late

Do you think your baby is going to small, average or large sized? average

Is your baby head down? yes

Does it kick mostly on the right or the left side? anywhere

When is your next mw or drs appt? wednesday

Do you have an outfit chosen to go home in for baby? If so describe it.. I am currently knitting a baby sac for the baby coming home in

What nesting have you done thus far? I am cleaning out everything since we will be moving shortly after the baby comes, I am using nesting to my advantage

What do you still need to do for baby's arrival? socks

Do you have a name chosen yet? yes Drew Ezra

Are you using sposie diapers or cloth? If cloth tell us what you have acquired thus far. Cloth I have fuzzi bunz and prefolds

Do you feel ready (or nearly ready) to have this baby yet? Last couple of weeks no, but this week I am feeling so excited to meet this little boy.

#13 of 29 Old 11-19-2006, 11:23 PM

How far are you along now? 31wks 2days or 31wks 5days depends who's record you read

Do you think you will have your baby before of after your edd? before - it's twins - but after 37 weeks.

Do you think your baby is going to small, average or large sized? I think both will be average sized

Is your baby head down? One is head down, 1 plays games all the time

Does it kick mostly on the right or the left side? LOL I get kicked all over the place

When is your next mw or drs appt? Dec 2nd

Do you have an outfit chosen to go home in for baby? If so describe it.. nope we are birthing at home and I put them in whatever is handy

What nesting have you done thus far
? none I have been to busy caring for my toddler and trying to re-vamp birthing plans. i have done some cooking though.

What do you still need to do for baby's arrival? emergency back up birth plan, phone tree, finsih X-mas presents, christmas cards, email list for birth announcements, print labels for the birth announcements, clean the garage, finish knitting a wool soaker for a friend, purchase 2 garbage cans, and most of all hold out until my midwife flies in!!!!

Do you have a name chosen yet? kind of but we keep renaming them

Are you using sposie diapers or cloth? If cloth tell us what you have acquired thus far. cloth and I have a HUGE stash. i CD'd DD#1 from the start and really it's obnoxious and an adiction

Do you feel ready (or nearly ready) to have this baby yet? absolutely NOT

Any thing you want to add? I am finally at peace with carrying twins since making birthing arrangements and finding a way to still have them at home. I can;t say I am totally excited - but I am very much on board from a birthing standpoint. I am nervous about waiting till our head MW flies in and her flight being ontime and all that.
#14 of 29 Old 11-19-2006, 11:53 PM

33 weeks today

no idea, but i can use all the time I can get right now :

Average

Is your baby head down?
Yes

All over, this one's a ninja forsure

November 30th

No, we will be home, and probably naked a lot

Well, I painted my birthroom, then my bedroom, sorted out 12 tubs of clothes and made color-coded labels, we are now in the process of remodeling our bathroom, then I want to clear out and set up the birth room so all is ready !!

Finish bathroom/ birthroom

Only a girl's name: Sahia Vi-LiliBel for a boy we are thinking Atreyu

Cloth, I have everything from ds, but I've been buying all sorts of really great stuff off the TP lately, lots of fitteds, and some wool covers.

No, not at all, I am very excited but we have a terrible amount of work to due, and I'm term in 4 weeks!!! We're definately feeling pressed.
#15 of 29 Old 11-20-2006, 10:02 AM

How far are you along now? 33 weeks, 3 days

Do you think you will have your baby before of after your edd? I am betting on before, so probably after.

Is your baby head down? Not sure, he moves so much

Does it kick mostly on the right or the left side? all over, all the time. I am thoroughly convinced he is going to be a soccer player

When is your next mw or drs appt? November 29th

Do you have an outfit chosen to go home in for baby? If so describe it.. I haven't picked out anything yet. Something for the cool weather.

What nesting have you done thus far? None, I try to but I get winded really easy and am on semi bed rest.

What do you still need to do for baby's arrival? We get the carset/stroller out of layaway this weekend and really that's about it for right now

Do you have a name chosen yet? Keagan Patrick ( family name )

Are you using sposie diapers or cloth? If cloth tell us what you have acquired thus far. We're going the disposable route

Do you feel ready (or nearly ready) to have this baby yet? In some ways yes, I want to see him so bad but on the flip side of that, I am really scared of taking any amount of time away from my son. It's been me and him for 8, almost 9 years now and it breaks my heart to think that he will feel jealous or like I don't give him 100%

Any thing you want to add? Anyone else having dizzy spells?
#16 of 29 Old 11-20-2006, 10:29 AM

How far are you along now? I'm in week 33.

Do you think you will have your baby before of after your edd? Not sure, my firstborn was "late" so it's hard to say. I think I'd like the baby to come a bit early but God knows best.

Do you think your baby is going to small, average or large sized? Probably on the high average side. I'm thinking average is the upper 7 lbs. region, so probably 8 lbs or a little bigger.

Is your baby head down? Not sure. I'm a bit overweight so it's hard to tell. Sometimes I think the baby is transverse.

Does it kick mostly on the right or the left side? Both sides at the same time!

When is your next mw or drs appt? December 4th.

Do you have an outfit chosen to go home in for baby? Not really anything specific yet. I know it'll have to be warm. I'll probaby just take one of my sons neutral looking sleepers.

What nesting have you done thus far? I've purged a lot of crap out of the apartment and I sewed a ton of small fitted dipes, I've made a baby blanket, and I'm getting the changing station set up for a newborn again! So fun! I've made freezer meals.

What do you still need to do for baby's arrival? Check car seat and make sure it is still installed tightly, make a list of things my son can eat while I'm at the hospital so my mom won't be at a total loss when she is watching him.

Do you have a name chosen yet? Yes. If it's a girl we are naming her Eowyn Jubilee. If a boy then Elias Nicolae.

Are you using sposie diapers or cloth? Well, I'll be using paper dipes the first week with both kids so I don't have wash to do. But I've made 24 fitteds, I have 17 or so prefolds and I have 5 prowraps covers and 1 bummis cover and a couple wool soakers.

Do you feel ready (or nearly ready) to have this baby yet? I feel ready.

Any thing you want to add? I want my body back!

Trying to build up my house, not tear it down namaste.gif.   Got 3 wonderful kids jumpers.gif  ribboncesarean.gif autismribbon.gif, blessed with a wonderful husband luxlove.gif and have the privilege of staying home full time to enjoy it all! 

#17 of 29 Old 11-20-2006, 12:01 PM

How far are you along now? 31wks 4days

Do you think you will have your baby before of after your edd? No idea, though I'm hoping for right on time like her big sister

Is your baby head down? Yes!!

Does it kick mostly on the right or the left side? Mostly along the left side and along the top

When is your next mw or drs appt? 12/1

No, but we only live about 2 minutes from the hospital, so I guess I'm not really that invested in a particular outfit for coming home in. I was thinking of letting DD pick it

What nesting have you done thus far? Diapers are clean and organized, the closets (had to move stuff around to make way for baby clothes) are cleaned out. I'm finishing up a number of partially finished projects around the house. I'm getting more into cleaning mode, though not full force yet.

What do you still need to do for baby's arrival? Pick a name!! Pack a bag, put together the call list for labor (both to notify and to call for help w/ DD), really start freezing meals, actually get the baby clothes out of the storage container they are in

Are you using sposie diapers or cloth? If cloth tell us what you have acquired thus far. Cloth- a friend gave me all her old cloth diapers, so I have dozens and dozens now.

Do you feel ready (or nearly ready) to have this baby yet? Nope, we definitely need more time

Any thing you want to add?[/I] I'm feeling more excited now than I have all along. I am so thankful for my wonderful LLL friends who spent a good bit of time at our last meeting sharing really positive stories about having and integrating a second child into their lives. It was just really affirming to have this group of women with very similar parenting styles give me such great support. So much more helpful than the "Oh, you'll be great, don't worry about it!" answer that many others have given. Whatever. It's a big change and I do worry about it, so don't patronize me!
#18 of 29 Old 11-20-2006, 01:32 PM

How far are you along now? 30 weeks exactly

Do you think you will have your baby before of after your edd? Probably shortly after.

Do you think your baby is going to small, average or large sized? Probably will follow the family growth pattern and be large... but it would be nice to have a small one for a change! LOL

Is your baby head down? No, baby is transverse right now... head is a little lower than the rump, but baby is playing with me now. :P

Does it kick mostly on the right or the left side? Neither... I feel kicks and hands down in my pelvis. :P

When is your next mw or drs appt? Next midwife's appt is on Wed.

Do you have an outfit chosen to go home in for baby? If so describe it.. No... baby will be born at home. No need to go home when we're already here.

What nesting have you done thus far? Not much... too busy.

What do you still need to do for baby's arrival? Order birth supplies, get diaper service set up, buy winter baby clothes. All my others were warm weather babies.

Do you have a name chosen yet? Yes... Midori Sen if a girl... Hamish if a boy, but still need a middle name for a boy.

Are you using sposie diapers or cloth? If cloth tell us what you have acquired thus far. I'm going to use a cloth diaper service. So far I have crocheted some soakers.

Do you feel ready (or nearly ready) to have this baby yet? No, but everyone keeps telling me I'm ready. I just laugh and say they 'ain't seen nothin' yet!'

Any thing you want to add? Lots of sciatica pain, mild to moderate pitting edema on my legs by night time, but I love feeling baby move.
#19 of 29 Old 11-20-2006, 02:00 PM

How far are you along now? 32 weeks + 5 days

Do you think you will have your baby before of after your edd? Before

Do you think your baby is going to small, average or large sized? Small to average

Is your baby head down? I have no clue...she was at the last ultrasound at 28 weeks

Does it kick mostly on the right or the left side? Mostly left, but increasingly on the upper right

When is your next mw or drs appt? Next week some time

Do you have an outfit chosen to go home in for baby? If so describe it.. No, I wish.

What nesting have you done thus far? Very little. Started getting rid of some old clothes and other junk. Washed some of her clothes. That's about it. DH is just about finished making us a new bed that we can attach the co-sleeper to, and we are about to start a huge renovation project that will eventually give us an extra bedroom for the baby.

What do you still need to do for baby's arrival? Um, pretty much everything! Over this holiday weekend, I will sit down and figure out what we need to buy/read/do to prepare. At the minimum, we need to put the car seat in the car, buy a co-sleeper, pack a bag for the hospital, and watch the breastfeeding DVD that we bought.

Do you have a name chosen yet? Piper Amelie.

Are you using sposie diapers or cloth? If cloth tell us what you have acquired thus far. Cloth. Someone bought us a set of all-in-ones as a shower gift but we haven't received them yet. We're going to use a diaper service, so we need to set that up.

Do you feel ready (or nearly ready) to have this baby yet? Emotionally, yes. Practically, not even close. We need at least 6 more weeks.

Any thing you want to add? I am amazed and overwhelmed by how much I already love this little person!
#20 of 29 Old 11-20-2006, 04:43 PM

How far are you along now? 31 wks, 2 days

Do you think you will have your baby before of after your edd? After. My EDD is Jan. 20th. Mom is guessing Feb. 7, I'm guessing Feb. 9.

Do you think your baby is going to small, average or large sized? Sigh. Large. At the last drs. visit, I was measuring 2 wks ahead of schedule. Mom is guessing 10 lbs.

Is your baby head down? Yup.

Does it kick mostly on the right or the left side? It seems like mostly on the right, which doesn't make any sense, b/c that's always the side the doc. puts the doppler on...so shouldn't his butt be there, not his feet? At any rate, today he now seems to be kicking more in the middle and up high.

When is your next mw or drs appt? Next Monday

Do you have an outfit chosen to go home in for baby? If so describe it.. Um...not so much. I keep planning to make something. I haven't gotten that far, yet.

What nesting have you done thus far? A lot of knitting and cooking, but that's normal for me. I'm hoping I hit the cleaning stage soon, b/c I really need to do it!

What do you still need to do for baby's arrival? I really don't think I need much of anything. I've got a crib, plenty of clothes (for both genders, since we're not finding out), diapers (I guess I could use more of those), car seat, bassinette, and bouncy chair thing, and I plan on breastfeeding...am I forgetting something? (Seriously! Tell me now!)

Do you have a name chosen yet? I thought we did--Catherine Elise or Darrin John. But yesterday, the bf said something about liking the name Nathan. Which frankly, I'm not crazy about it. I hope "nathan" is just a faze for him!

Are you using sposie diapers or cloth? If cloth tell us what you have acquired thus far. Cloth. Um, some random ones that I found at a rummage sale this summer. I only have 11 of those, so I do need more diapers. Frankly, though, I find all the options discussed on here confusing as hell. When did it get so confusing? Why can't I just use the ones they have at Targe/Walmart/Kmart?

Do you feel ready (or nearly ready) to have this baby yet? Physically, OMG, yes! Get this kid outta me! Um, emotionally, not so much. Frankly, I'm terrified. I have no clue what to do w/ a baby!

Any thing you want to add? I hate maternity clothes and the novelty of being fat has long since worn off.
#21 of 29 Old 11-20-2006, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldFashionedGirl View Post

What do you still need to do for baby's arrival? I really don't think I need much of anything. I've got a crib, plenty of clothes (for both genders, since we're not finding out), diapers (I guess I could use more of those), car seat, bassinette, and bouncy chair thing, and I plan on breastfeeding...am I forgetting something? (Seriously! Tell me now!)

What about a carrier- Sling, pouch, wrap?
#22 of 29 Old 11-20-2006, 05:24 PM

How far are you along now? 32 weeks 2 days

Do you think you will have your baby before of after your edd? Probably after.

Do you think your baby is going to small, average or large sized? My son was 8lbs 10z, so I'm guessing around the same size. I'd like a little 6lber though, lol.

Is your baby head down? My midwife said yes, but she moves all over... so I hope she still is.

Does it kick mostly on the right or the left side? EVERYWHERE!

When is your next mw or drs appt? The 30th

Do you have an outfit chosen to go home in for baby? If so describe it.. Lavender and white strips with little butterflies on the jacket part... it's so cute!

What nesting have you done thus far? Nothing really.

What do you still need to do for baby's arrival? Plain white onesies, more diapers/wipes, baby bathtub, crib comforter set.. I think that's it.

Do you have a name chosen yet? Elena Reese

Are you using sposie diapers or cloth? If cloth tell us what you have acquired thus far. Huggies

Do you feel ready (or nearly ready) to have this baby yet? No, I'm glad there's still 2 months left, lol. I'm excited to meet her of course, but I'm nervous about having 2 kids.

Me Hubby
Colin 1/13/04 Elena 1/18/07
#23 of 29 Old 11-20-2006, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by niki_73 View Post
What about a carrier- Sling, pouch, wrap?
Oh! Thanks for reminding me! I did get a sling at rummage sale, but I have NO idea how to use it! I need to take some pics of it and post on here so someone can help me. (And I need to walk around the house with a doll in it, at least )
#24 of 29 Old 11-20-2006, 06:16 PM

How far are you along now? 32w1d

Do you think you will have your baby before of after your edd? I am hoping two weeks early like my first two! (who came on their own I might add)

Do you think your baby is going to small, average or large sized? I think small because I have gained hardly any weight. My dd was 7 14 and my ds was 9 12... So somewhere in between would be nice.

Is your baby head down? As of last Wednesday... NO! But I think she turns ALL the time...

Does it kick mostly on the right or the left side? Everywhere

When is your next mw or drs appt? November 29th (My anniversary!)

Do you have an outfit chosen to go home in for baby? If so describe it.. Yes. Just a light purple fleece sleeper. After making my last two kids get all dressed up to leave and then changing them as soon as we got home I got smart this time! So that is why I went for something comfy she can stay in when we get home.

What nesting have you done thus far? Not much... I hope the cleaning bug bites pretty soon because I need to do that!

What do you still need to do for baby's arrival? Tons! Finish sewing her diapers. Finish a few things I am knitting. Get her clothes organized and put away. Make some more meals for the freezer. Get the changing table out of storage.

Do you have a name chosen yet? Yes. Abigail Lynne... if a boy happens to pop out instead Levi Alan.

Cloth
I have sewn:
9 AIO's
26 fitteds? (flannel, microfleece, sherpa, hemp)
Two small fleece covers
1 nb cover
(I am just now starting on the smalls now)

Two pair of longies and one in the mail on it's way to me.
Started another pair

24 infant prefolds (need to get 12 preemie prefolds)
3 nb Super Whisper Wraps
3 nb Bumkins
3 sm Bumkins

Do you feel ready (or nearly ready) to have this baby yet? NO! I still have so much I want to do. I still have to deep clean the house... I just have too much back pain and pubic pain. And the more I move around I start having pretty bad contractions.... So I am hoping the cleaning bug hits soon! I still have to sew the diaper bag and pack our bags. Organize everything, cook meals!!

On the other hand, physically, I am ready to be done. I am tired of the pain I am in and all the peeing I do! But I will definitely miss the baby moving around and the things I do like about being pregnant!

Any thing you want to add? I can't believe it is almost here! This pregnancy has been the fastest one so far. I am just hoping I can handle three kids!
#25 of 29 Old 11-20-2006, 06:55 PM

31.5 weeks

Probably after. :

Large (DS was 9lb 3 oz)

Is your baby head down?
I think so. I've been worried about that.

Lately bilaterally

11/28

Homebirth, so uh, a diaper?

Um, ummm...I washed the basinet lining. (I'm a bit behind)

Sigh...most everything. Buy a dresser. Unpack all the stuff we've been given. Figure out the rest of our birth contingency plan. Um...oh boy...

Several...that we aren't 100% on.

We've got a big stash of a bunch of different clothies leftover from DS, and will supplement with disposables once I return to work.

OMIGAWSH NO!

Single digit countdown = exciting and terrifying!!!

read.gif, mom to wild.gif and dust.gif, partner to malesling.GIF
#26 of 29 Old 11-20-2006, 07:42 PM

I don't know about the rest of you but I feel the clock ticking away.... its almost our turn ladies!

How far are you along now? 33 weeks tomorrow.

Do you think you will have your baby before or after your edd? I'm thinking after... my company is changing insurance companies and my MW aren't covered under the new ones, (but provided their fee isn't too steep, the new insurance will actually be cheaper... go figure...: )

Do you think your baby is going to small, average or large sized? Small, she was measuring in the 30th percentile when we had our Level II u/s back at 24 weeks... I don't think much has changed since then. Fine by me, but that means all this weight is going to have to come off the hard way

Is your baby head down? Head down and back on the left side - woo hoo!

Does it kick mostly on the right or the left side? She kicks me almost exclusively on the right side. Sometimes I'll feel tiny movements in my pubic bone area, but the fun visible stuff is on my right

When is your next mw or drs appt? December 1

Do you have an outfit chosen to go home in for baby? If so describe it.. Nope... we haven't even started washing her clothes yet... I'm thinking it will be something functionally warm...

What nesting have you done thus far? What nesting? Those goddesses seem to have skipped me by entirely. I keep waiting for it to kick in, but I'm wondering if you only get it if you had to deal with other pregnancy "normals" like morning sickness and cravings (none of which I've had - strangely).

What do you still need to do for baby's arrival? Everything!! We at least have a nursery semi-set up, but the bulk of the functional baby stuff (like dipes, wipes, bath stuff, etc.) we're hoping we get at our shower (12/2). Mostly I just need more diapers, LOTS of them from what I've read. And we have to finish cleaning out her dresser drawers and closet... there's a huge pile of stuff that I pulled out of one of the dressers, but haven't had time (or desire) to find a new home for.

Do you have a name chosen yet? Yep... Annan Alec :

Are you using sposie diapers or cloth? If cloth tell us what you have acquired thus far. cloth diapers. Only things that I have were hand-me-downs from a family who tried, but didn't stick with it... I've got 6 mother-ease pockets with inserts (but they look huge!), about 20 prefolds and 1 cover. Need more!!

not really. It has started to sink in that she's going to have to come out sometime, but there is still lots of stuff that needs to get done. Plus, we have the holidays to get through first, THEN maybe I'll start feeling like I'm ready to have her

Any thing you want to add? Just excited that time seems to be flying by so quickly. Less than 2 months to go!!
#27 of 29 Old 11-21-2006, 12:47 AM
Fay

How far are you along now? 31 weeks

Do you think you will have your baby before of after your edd? I'm hoping a few days before my EDD. I've got some tricks to encourage labor that I'll use.

Do you think your baby is going to small, average or large sized? No clue. Nothing will surprise me.

Is your baby head down? Um, I think so. Last week, the baby squirmed a lot and ever since then I've felt this incredible lead weight directly on my bladder.

Does your baby kick mostly on the right or the left side? Both.

When is your next mw or drs appt? Just had one today, next one is in the 1st week of Dec.

Do you have an outfit chosen to go home in for baby? If so describe it. No special outfit. Not into that kind of thing.

What nesting have you done thus far? In October I joined the MDC 500 item decluttering challenge and surpassed my goal. Now I'm wrapping Christmas gifts and trying to tidy up, sort baby clothes, etc. DH is seriously nesting, cleaning and scrubbing.

What do you still need to do for baby's arrival? Buy the car seat, get some bedding for the co-sleeper, keep listening to my Hypnobirthing CDs.

Do you have a name chosen yet? No, we won't choose a name until after the baby is born. We have about 10 favorites, but chances are we'll ditch them all when we see and hold our child.

Are you using sposie diapers or cloth? If cloth tell us what you have acquired thus far. We'll use sposies until we get the hang of EC, then we'll be diaper-free.

Do you feel ready (or nearly ready) to have this baby yet? No. I'll be ready in January...my due date is Jan. 15, so 2 weeks before or after is fair game. I'm going to enjoy being pg for the rest of Nov. and all of Dec., then I'll focus on making this birth happen peacefully and joyfully.

Any thing you want to add? My concerns are bigger than cloth vs. sposie or cleaning up around the house. I'm praying for my baby's health and development. I already have 1 special needs child. I'm worried about being healthy and strong for my children...that's why I'm doing the relaxation CDs and planning for my VBAC.

"Isn't life a series of images that change as they repeat themselves?" - Andy Warhol
#28 of 29 Old 11-21-2006, 03:47 PM

How far are you along now? 34 weeks

Do you think you will have your baby before of after your edd? I'm pretty sure I will go all the way to my due date if not a week later. I keep thinking January 6th (due on the 2nd)

Do you think your baby is going to small, average or large sized? Well my son was 8 pounds and most babies in my family are atleast ( my brother was 10pds) but at my only ultrasound at 20 weeks they said she was "petite". Of course a lot has and will continue to happen in the time I have left. What do they know! I think 6.5 to 7.5 pds. not teeny but smaller than her brother was.

Is your baby head down?
I swear her head in sort of down, but all my movement is low and on the sides. My placenta is in the front so I don't feel a whole lot farther up but she gets some great kicks in atleast once a day.

Does it kick mostly on the right or the left side? equally on both sides

When is your next mw or drs appt? in two weeks

Do you have an outfit chosen to go home in for baby? If so describe it.. I think we will put her in the same thing her brother wore. Its a warm and cozy full body suit with a hood that has bear ears on it. SO CUTE. (it's off-white). of course we haven't gotten all her clothes yet, so we could find something different. I'm open minded.

Washed all the clothes we have so far, cleaned the upstairs. Inspected, resized, and cleaned up old infant seat. Laundry mostly Laundry. I just started my maternity leave so I'm sure I will go all out soon. In pre-planning mode for Thanksgiving; my mom and I are baking somewhere around 8 pies. And I obsessed with cooking for Thursday.

What do you still need to do for baby's arrival? I think I have the necessities. The little odds and ends will come around.

Do you have a name chosen yet? YEs! Liliana

I'm switching to cloth. My son has always been in disposibles but the diaper service will start in mid December. I'm excited and nervous about the whole thing.I have yet to order covers and all the extras I need but that's what today is for. RIGHT?!

I guess so. I think now that I'm not working it feels more real. And as long as I get the whole cloth diaper situation under control I think I'll be ready when she's ready!

#29 of 29 Old 11-24-2006, 03:31 AM

34 weeks 5days

Probably after. Ds was 17 days "late"

About the same as ds 8lbs 4oz, didn't seem big to me, average (?)

Is your baby head down?
yep

Mostly right, but sometimes left.

11/30

Homebirth and planning on practicing Elimination Communication, so skin to skin, maybe a prefold.

I have done a lot of outside nesting. We are creating a garden site and various other beds using a "sheet mulching" technique from a great homescale permaculture book. That has been exciting. I figure if I don't get it done now, then I won't have the time in the spring. I've order/received the Birth Kit, and have about 1/2 of the birth supplies collected/bought. I cleaned the car seat and check on line to make sure it is still aok to use. I have made/frozen 1/2 a dozen soups.

Launder baby clothes and blankets, etc. Don't want to do that until closer to date, want everything to be fresh. Finish collecting birth supplies. Practice relaxing and saying positive affirmations.

If the little babe is a girl, Bliss Sue Ellen. If a boy...

We are planning on practicing elimination communication, but that will still mean that we use cloth in some way or another. We have a bunch of prefolds from ds.

Do you feel ready (or nearly ready) to have this baby yet?OMIGAWSH No, but not panicked, but no. I can tell that she/he isn't ready yet either.

I've definitely been more uncomfortable in this third trimester. I never was uncomfortable with ds. Plenty of siatica (chiropractic has helped), now pubic bone discomfort with really intense ligament ...."twinges" that cause me to bend over uncontrollably fast. I look like the stereotypical tv mom in labor, Visualize a very quick bending over, grabbing for support, then..."Oh my god, the baby is coming" (But no it's just a weird ligament thing)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page