Anybody else have no clue what this kid's name is? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 23 Old 11-19-2006, 12:49 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So I've got about 8 weeks to go and we haven't settled on a name yet. Okay, to be honest, we've barely discussed names at all! Did I mention that we don't know the sex of the baby so we've got to come up with two options?

Any other procrastinators out there, or are you all far more one the ball than we are?
#2 of 23 Old 11-19-2006, 02:07 AM

No clue here either. We're maybe getting closer, but we each have our favorites and no agreement on them. We'll get there. I think we've decided a middle but DH keeps backing down on names we previously agreed to consider so we'll see.

My MW reassured me that we have a month to decide after the birth!
#3 of 23 Old 11-19-2006, 02:09 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by storychick View Post

My MW reassured me that we have a month to decide after the birth!
Not around here (at least for a hospital birth). I think we had to fill out all the forms in hospital and then they have to forward the info to the social security office.
#4 of 23 Old 11-19-2006, 09:39 AM

We are having that problem, too. We know the middle name and thought we might have had a first name, but realized just how popular that name was. Now we dont like it as much. We werent thrilled with it in the first place.
#5 of 23 Old 11-19-2006, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blastomom View Post
So I've got about 8 weeks to go and we haven't settled on a name yet. Okay, to be honest, we've barely discussed names at all! Did I mention that we don't know the sex of the baby so we've got to come up with two options?

Any other procrastinators out there, or are you all far more one the ball than we are?

Me!!! I'm in the exact same position. 8 weeks to go - no clue as to the gender and no real idea as to any names. We float a few around but nothing's sticking. I figure I'll really start to worry when my waqter breaks and we're still w/o a name. Maybe that will give us the drive to sit down and figure it out!
#6 of 23 Old 11-19-2006, 11:46 AM

My dd was 5 days old when we finally decided on her name. We called her Sophie when I was pregnant (we needed an 'S' name in honor of my Grammy) but when she was born at 10.6 pounds looking like Elvis - Sophie was a bit too.... delicate. So 5 days later we finally callled in her name.

This time! I want to have 2 or 3 options so we can meet him (we found out the sex cuz I'm inpatient and to help with the naming process). But we're having trouble coming up with a cool and unique name.

Good luck! To me too!
#7 of 23 Old 11-19-2006, 01:13 PM

Yeah, we dunno, either. And it is not looking good. The only name on the table was submitted by DS -- Buzz Lightyear. Do you think that Buzz would work for a boy or a girl? In our defense, we didn't come up with DS' name until my water broke. And we his name!

Jean, happy HS mom to Peter (5), Daniel (9) and Lucie (2) and also someone new... baby.gif
#8 of 23 Old 11-19-2006, 01:39 PM

It's not for lack of trying here. We picked out a name around 25 weeks but I'm not crazy about it. Plus, the first name has multiple spellings (which I hate) and is gaining in popularity. Just last night I was on the ssa website looking up more names. I found about 2 dozen that aren't widely used right now but are common enough that everyone will recognize them. I have a really strong feeling about one. Not sure if that's the baby's input or mine. I'd like to have 3-4 names and wait to meet him, see which one is a good match.
#9 of 23 Old 11-19-2006, 03:00 PM

I've got 7 weeks left (as of tomorrow) and we have NO idea!!! None.

Help.

~lisa~mama to 3 boys (1/02, 5/04, 12/06)
#10 of 23 Old 11-19-2006, 03:27 PM

When I got pregnant, I had this immediate feeling of "ah, it's another boy, and his name is Fred". Since I'm easily the LEAST psychic person I know, however, I haven't put much weight on my one little epiphany.

With DS, we found out the gender without intending to, and as soon as we both came to the name we picked out (Milo) we had a really great moment of "YEAH, THAT'S who this baby is - MILO!"

After an inconclusive ultrasound and inconclusive secondary methods (of the woo-woo variety) to determine the gender of baby #2, we are feeling really question-marky about who this baby is. We've got some names picked (and Fred is one option), but it's really all very up in the air.

I figure once baby gets here, we'll figure it out. Uh, right?

read.gif, mom to wild.gif and dust.gif, partner to malesling.GIF
#11 of 23 Old 11-19-2006, 04:05 PM

Me too. I was thinking something to go with John like Jacalvin, Jontavian, I am stuck with finding a first name. I problem name him Ephraim or Syrus for his middle name.
#12 of 23 Old 11-19-2006, 06:24 PM

We have it narrowed down to a few but can't decide. I think we have committment problems
#13 of 23 Old 11-19-2006, 07:27 PM

For a boys name I think I know... For a girls I am not so sure. Names are so permenant kwim... it took me 6 wks to name my dog.
For ds we didn't have a name until we were pressured by the hospital for our insurance... but we love ds's name it tottally suits him.
#14 of 23 Old 11-19-2006, 08:10 PM - Thread Starter

[QUOTE=angel0123;6578796... it took me 6 wks to name my dog.
[/QUOTE]

#15 of 23 Old 11-19-2006, 08:32 PM

We aren't sure on a name either... Although we are closer with this baby than we were with DD. With DD I had a 48 hour hospital stay and at a quarter to 5 or so on my second day the lady that fills in the birth certificates actually came to tell us it was now or never.... Well, not never, but it got harder w/insurance if we didn't decide! I was unsure on her name for months, but now it totally suits her. We know that we will use William somehow- as a tribute to DH's dad and my grandpa, probably as a middle name, or the first name Liam. Our top three choices in order are Noah William, Issac William or Liam James. I like Issac best with Avery but like Noah better overall... We'll see...

sleepytime.gifC.- WOHM, CPST Instructor, and all around busy Mama to  blowkiss.gifA.- 02/04, bouncy.gif I. 01/07,babyf.gifE. 09/10 and

stork-suprise.gif expecting the surprise of our lives Fall 2012!

#16 of 23 Old 11-19-2006, 08:46 PM

I have one of the girls named - but Dh doesn't like it and Dh has picked a name but I don't like his. So, I am not budging since he "doesn't care" and won;t come up with any ideas. And he doesn't LOVE his name...he just "kinda likes it" Wel I kinda DON'T and I'm the one carrying twins! So.... nothing is for certain.
#17 of 23 Old 11-19-2006, 10:19 PM

We have some girl names that we like, but no boys names. They're so much harder! We're not deciding on anything until we meet our baby. I'm not feeling pressured by it at all. I'd rather have the right name, you know?

Happily parenting our snuggly wild child since 2007 and her little brother since 2011!

#18 of 23 Old 11-20-2006, 12:36 AM

I've got nothing... Well, a list of possibilities, none of which I'm wedded to, and knowledge that we're having a boy. My husband on the other hand, is impossibly attached to Felix. Which I'm impartial to at best. But unless I have an epiphany, his passion is going to overrule my noncommittedness, heh.
#19 of 23 Old 11-20-2006, 09:57 PM

we sort of had a name and mistakenly told relatives about it. then they all began refering to her by that name, which pretty much ruined it for us! now we have another "maybe" name (but very very unsure about it)...and we're not telling our families this time!! i think we'll make the final decision when we see her....
#20 of 23 Old 11-20-2006, 10:02 PM

We're really pretty clueless about it here. We have a list of possibilities, but we're feeling kind of meh about them.

Sigh. We'll sort it out at some point.

Sonja , 40, married to DH (42) since 5-29-93, DD born 11-3-2004, DS born 1-18-2007.
#21 of 23 Old 11-20-2006, 10:02 PM

Um...me too.
Nothing solid...a few ideas but definitely want to meet our little one face-to-face before agreeing upon a name.
#22 of 23 Old 11-23-2006, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skueppers View Post
We're really pretty clueless about it here. We have a list of possibilities, but we're feeling kind of meh about them.

Sigh. We'll sort it out at some point.
We figured it out! We got our act together and talked about it again on our 2 1/2 hour Thanksgiving drive yesterday.

I feel so relieved to have that out of the way...

Sonja , 40, married to DH (42) since 5-29-93, DD born 11-3-2004, DS born 1-18-2007.
#23 of 23 Old 11-23-2006, 04:30 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by skueppers View Post
We figured it out! We got our act together and talked about it again on our 2 1/2 hour Thanksgiving drive yesterday.

I feel so relieved to have that out of the way...
Good for you! We may have come up with a girl's name. The only problem is that I'm pretty convinced that I'm having another boy.

At this rate we're going to end up naming the kid our "joke" name from the last pregnancy. We were up late watching tv and the World Strongman Competition came on and hubby and I thought that naming the kid after one of the huge Scandanavian guys would be hilarious. It would make our son Magnus Ver Magnussen Anderson. Oddly enough, the name Magnus is growing on us...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page