Honey and ginger.... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 11-19-2006, 04:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Is it okay to drink hot lemon tea with honey with ginger in it? It to help with my cold and I didn't know if it be okay to drink honey or ginger. Also what about a teaspoon of cod liver oil.
#2 of 6 Old 11-19-2006, 04:03 PM

Last preg I had a terrible cold and I was teaching, and I found honey and lemon to be wonderful -- I didn't lose my voice and didn't have to take much time off. I don't think I've ever heard of ginger being detrimental, but I"m not sure.

but a lot of women use cod liver oil to try to induce labour, so I don't think I'd go there if I were you.

Jill , mom to Andrew (09/04), Aaron(01/07), and Emma (11/09)
#3 of 6 Old 11-19-2006, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat85 View Post
Is it okay to drink hot lemon tea with honey with ginger in it? It to help with my cold and I didn't know if it be okay to drink honey or ginger. Also what about a teaspoon of cod liver oil.

Ginger is fine. I drink ginger tea all the time just because I like it.

I definitely wouldn't do the oil. Could start labor. Of course it would only work when you don't want it to. I've known women who used it to try to induce post dates babies with no luck.
#4 of 6 Old 11-19-2006, 04:07 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks, I was unsure of the cod liver oil. My sister was telling me, her and her family had a little of ginger in the tea and it seem to help cut the cold out of them. But I been drink just honey lemon tea, it been helping alot.
#5 of 6 Old 11-19-2006, 06:23 PM

Ginger is fine. Lots of mamas take that to help ease morning sickness. And cod liver oil should be ok too, just be careful of the quality and source b/c I believe mercury is an issue with it (if someone knows differently, please correct me!)

Allison.... mom of DS1 (7) and DS2 (4) and awaiting #3 near the end of April 2011
#6 of 6 Old 11-19-2006, 10:21 PM

I've heard of castor oil being used to induce labor, but never cod liver oil. I thought the concern with cod liver oil was excess Vitamin A.

Honey and ginger are totally safe!

Happily parenting our snuggly wild child since 2007 and her little brother since 2011!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page