Totally Overwhelmed - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-20-2006, 02:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I noticed there were a few of us who are insane enough to be doing major projects right now. I thought we could all support eachother during this crazy crazy time. I haven't had my shower/bathtub for 2 weeks now. It started with a leak, then the tearing out of the ceiling beneath said leak, then attempted fixing of the leak causing sadi leak to become worse, so we decided to remodel our bathroom.....:

Well, before we can do one thing we must do another, and that list is so long I feel I will NEVER get a decent bath again. My whole house is a mess and we are working so hard on these projects that everything else is falling behind, and I will be full term in 4 WEEKS!!!! Not to mention we are EXTREMELY pushing our budget, and we have noe clean clothes, b/c I am so behind on laundry b/c we had to have the main water off for so long....and the list goes on and on......

Anyone else feeling like this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2006, 02:11 PM

We've been actively looking at buying a house. Well, we found one, but they want to close on January 1st! Yeah, so that's right around my EDD... how exactly am I supposed to have this baby, have a baby-moon, pack up my whole house, move, and unpack???!!! :

We still have to wait for the inspection so its not definite, but I feel overwhelmed just thinking about it!

Naomi, mama to Faith (12/03) and Hannah (12/06) and Kai, a homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg on 5/15/10
Old 11-20-2006, 02:43 PM

I feel ya. Not having a bathroom is terrible...there was a period of time when we FIRST remodeled our house where we were showering at the gym or the locker room at school or friends' houses...good times.

Right now, our crib and dresser for the baby are in the middle of our living room, along with our new king size mattress...this equates to me stumbling and nearly falling on my face at least once a day! We are going to be packing up everything in our living room and kitchen this week and moving it into our bedroom (which is barely big enough for us and the dogs as it is) for approximately 2 weeks while the ceilings are vaulted and flooring is replaced...then everything goes back in the living room and kitchen, and we'll be sleeping out there for 2 weeks. Then we'll be bathroom-free for about a week! Then the REAL renovation work begins... :

Oh yeah, it's a fun ride...I'm just SO looking forward to the end result that I'm willing to endure the craziness...even though I, too, will be full-term in 4 weeks! Yikes! DH and I have never done anything the way everyone else expected us to or thought we "should," so this is nothing new for us...but yeah, I'm pretty sure we're out of our minds.

For DH, this is his "opus"...he really sees this as his main contribution to the process of having a baby, so I am loathe to suggest that we postpone it or tone it down. It means so much to him so it means a lot to me, too. We'll survive!

Good luck to you!!!
Old 11-20-2006, 02:49 PM

I feel overwhelmed most of the time, just having 2 kids to take care of, being pregnant, husband working A LOT and hardly ever home, trying to think about and buy what I need for baby coming, and sort through the baby clothes, get them washed, get everything somewhat organized in our room since baby doesn't have his own room, Thanksgiving and Christmas coming and all that that involves - shopping, wrapping, etc. etc., Eli's birthday falls in there, then New Year's, then baby due! :

So why am I sitting here on my a$$ at the computer?! LOL Catch you later!

User Tag List