Spotlight on mommy2boys - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 11-22-2006, 02:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Welcome mama, into the flashbulbs of the spotlight.

What kind of meal would be your favorite right now, and who would you share it with?

Favorite kind of things to read?

Who will ideally present at your birth?

What do you love about being pg? Dislikes?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 8 Old 11-22-2006, 06:27 PM

Cool!

What kind of meal would be your favorite right now, and who would you share it with? My favorite meal right now would be a nice bowl of minestrone. I love soups in general and I would share it with my mom, she's the only other person I know that loves it the way I do.

Favorite kind of things to read? I love historical fiction and read a lot of it. Lately though I have read Wicked, birthing from within, spiritual midwifery and lots of knitting patterns.

Who will ideally present at your birth? Just dh and the midwife and maybe a nurse.

What do you love about being pg? Dislikes? I love feeling the baby move and feeling his sweet spirit with me. I know I will miss that when he is out. I love how my boys are so excited about this one coming. Its nice having older children that understand so much about it and love to feel the baby move, watch my tummy dance and talk to him and tell him stories.

Dislikes, heartburn, nausea that seems to have returned, and rib pain. My oldest fractured my right bottom ribs when I was pregnant with him (he was large for me) and since then when I get to the end of the pregnancy they still hurt. Thankfully not like the first time.
#3 of 8 Old 11-22-2006, 10:29 PM

Hi there!

*How did you and DH meet?

*What is your favorite animal?

*What is your "guilty pleasure" music?

*What one value do you feel is most important to pass along to your children?

Thanks! Have a great Thanksgiving!
#4 of 8 Old 11-23-2006, 01:42 AM

OK Christina, ya close to steelin some of my mo...
______

I will ask anyway...

What was your first record/8trak/tape/cd that you bought?

If you would, please share with us one or some of your most valuable mothering tips...

Would you like to share your birth stories?

Gobble Gobble ladies...from Paige and the babe!
#5 of 8 Old 11-23-2006, 02:18 PM

*How did you and DH meet? We met in college/work. I was his boss at a political research center, then we realized we had a class right next to each other at the same time and started going to lunch together after that class. We became friends for a while (both of us were dating other people) but after those relationships ended we got together.

*What is your favorite animal? Tiger

*What is your "guilty pleasure" music? Jack Johnson I listen to him way too much

*What one value do you feel is most important to pass along to your children? Kindness and generosity. I want my children to enjoy giving to others and love others.
#6 of 8 Old 11-23-2006, 02:36 PM

What was your first record/8trak/tape/cd that you bought? Hmm that would probably be a Robert Palmer tape

If you would, please share with us one or some of your most valuable mothering tips...
Hmm mothering tips. I would say don't be afraid to take mommy time outs. When my kids are driving me nuts I a break and tell my kids I am in time out, they respect that, or we go for a walk to mellow out.

Would you like to share your birth stories? My birth stories

My oldest I was 2 days past my due date and was feeling huge and sure I was never going to go into labor. But it started in my back and never left. It came on hard too. I went in because it was my first and didn't know what else to do. I was at a 3, but because of the back labor I was having they gave me tranquilizers so I could get some sleep. Worst thing i could have done. All they did was make me so tired but I couldn't sleep through the pain which was every 4 minutes. Dh said I was sleep walking to get through the contractions and even tried to pee in the closet. I was so relieved when they wore off. I spent the next day walking around, showering and in the early afternoon went back into the L&D unit at the army hospital.

I was a 4 at that point. And so frustrated because it had been so long and I had only made it 1 cm. They sent me home but we lived a ways away and in Alaska in the middle of winter and didn't want to be too far from the hospital so we went to Sams club and Fred meyer and walked. At 5 pm we went back and they told me I was a 4.5 and were ready to send me back home and told me I likely wouldn't deliver until the next day. I started crying because the back labor was so horrible. Also there no one else in the l&d and I think they just didn't want to work. My husband and I begged and they let us stay.
I immediatly asked for an epidural. I was told I had to wait until I was a 7. About an hour later I was a seven and told them to give it to me now. They ordered it and about 20 minutes later the guy got there to do it. THey checked me and told me I was a 10 and couldn't have one and needed to start pushing. I again started crying because I was so exhausted and didn't know how much longer I could handle it.

But my dh talked me through it and we started pushing. 45 minutes later my little boy was born, we didn't know the sex but I had always suspected he was a boy. THe best moment of my life was when he came out and they said It's a boy! We had a few issues nursing, but got through them and were all good. He was 8lbs 10 ozs which seemed pretty big for my petite frame.

My second was so wonderful, I was determined to have a much better birth than my first and I did. I woke up at 5 am with contractions thinking oh, these kind of hurt. I started timing and they were 3 minutes apart. Dh and I timed them for about a half hour and noticed they were getting closer and closer. We dropped off older ds at the sitters and headed to the hospital. I think the longest part of labor was the drive because I couldn't walk. We got to L&D and I was in a good mood because I was going to have a baby. The nurse didn't believe me that I was in labor but said she'd check me anyway. When she checked me I was an 8.

Dh was great rubbing my back and I had a midwife this time. Thank heavens I didn't have back labor this time which made a huge difference. About an hour later I was at a 9 and we decided to go ahead and break my water. Shortly after I started feeling the need to push, my midwife suggested I get on my hands and knees so I did, about 15 minutes later he was born and dh caught him. I turned and layed down and they put him on my chest cord still attatched. He immediatly latched on and nursed like a champ. His labor was maybe 3 hours from start to finish. I could have 50 kids if they all went that nicely.
#7 of 8 Old 11-24-2006, 02:38 PM

Hello mama! I love reading these answers!!

Tell us about your favorite sweater

What is your favorite season?

What is one thing you can't wait to do after you have this baby?

What would you say are some of your strengths?
#8 of 8 Old 11-24-2006, 10:59 PM

Tell us about your favorite sweater My favorite sweater sadly I don't have anymore. It was a beautiful handknit lambswool sweater that my dh accidentally shrunk when helping with the laundry.

What is your favorite season? Autumn hands down, I haven't lived in a place with autumn for 9 years and miss it so much, luckily we are moving to the north west soon and next year I will have autumn.

What is one thing you can't wait to do after you have this baby? Wear my clothes again. I'm getting sick of the same 3 pants and same 5 shirts.

What would you say are some of your strengths? My strengths, I would say I am a good writer and public speaker. I am also a pretty good seamstress and knitter.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page