Oh My Aching...Everything! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 11-23-2006, 01:30 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I must be getting too old for this! I just got off an 8 hour shift at work (I usually only work 5-6 hrs at a time) and everything hurts! My feet are throbbing, my knees, hips and lower back ache and baby is taking this opportunity to try and re-arrange the right side of my rib cage. I don't remember it being this tough last time around. In fact, this time last pregnancy I was jet-setting around France all footloose and fancy free. So does it get harder every time, or is it just because I'm 4 days away from officially being "Advanced Maternal Aged" ??? Guess I better break out the walker and the Geritol Complete...
#2 of 5 Old 11-23-2006, 08:40 AM

I'm not far from "Advanced Maternal Age" myself and definitely feel older this time around. And yes, everything aches- especially my hips. I feel like such a whiner...
#3 of 5 Old 11-23-2006, 10:33 AM

I'm 37 and this pregnancy is easier than the last one, at 35. Actually, it is turning out to be a lot easier. :

I'm convinced it has more to do with the baby and his/her position, size, and just how they gestate. Of course what Mama does during the day and overall during the pregnancy will have some effect too.
#4 of 5 Old 11-23-2006, 04:57 PM

I'm 36, and it's SSSSSOOOOOOOO much harder than the last one, where I turned 30. I feel like I'm creakilyy nauseously falling apart! My dp treats me like I'm so fragile and broken, too, which just pi$$es me off...I so want to be strong, resilient and glowing... the whole 9 yards...
#5 of 5 Old 11-24-2006, 10:44 AM

I am so sore I feel like I must spend my days chopping down trees or something. My hips are naturally quite wide, which is a boon during labor, but I have to keep two pillows between my legs at night in order to keep my legs parallel (chiro says they will be less sore this way). I think some of my soreness does come from my twice-weekly chiro adjustments. My pelvis is slightly out of alignment b/c I have scoliosis. It is not that big of a deal, though. I birthed my DS with the same "problem" and my whole labor was 6 hours. I just imagine that it will be much faster if I am properly aligned this time.

Jennifer, I am so sorry that you are dealing with this! Around this stage was when I quit my job last time, and I worked at home! I was just so nauseous.

Stormgirl, I think that your DP just hates seeing you feel so bad, and doesn't know what to do. My Dh is the same, only I need help to get out of chairs, and up off of the floor. It is very humbling, I must say.

And I hate seeing us this way, too. I vowed that I would be really fit for this birth. Last time, I was not too fit because I couldn't work out at all due to nausea. Prior to both pregnancies, I worked out daily and taught yoga. And now? Yesterday, we took a walk up the street and I was sore for many hours afterward. It is a sad story.

Jean, happy HS mom to Peter (5), Daniel (9) and Lucie (2) and also someone new... baby.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page