Dissatisfied with *everything* - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 17 Old 11-26-2006, 11:42 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm getting grouchy. NOTHING makes me happy. I'm tired of being pregnant. And anything I try to change just comes out worse. Example: My hair has once again turned a dull light brownish murky color due to pregnancy hormones. So I went and got it highlighted. And now I HATE what it looks like. I was complaining about it and dh said he didn't even notice I changed it at all. Neither did me ultra-observant 4 year old.

I am tired of all my maternity clothes, or what's left that fits anyway. I'd like to go shopping - for skinny clothes! Not some tent that will fit for the next 5 weeks. And the thought that it could be 6, 7, 8 weeks is driving me batty. I can't even go shoe shopping because my feet change shape when I'm pregnant. :

The only thing I don't have to complain about, miraculously, is that aside from carrying a watermelon whereever I go I am not physically uncomfortable. I guess I can thank my chiropractor for that.

Anyone want to join my little b!tchfest?
#2 of 17 Old 11-26-2006, 06:11 PM

I'm right there with ya. I'm starting to get really tired of the maternity clothes! Thank goodness for yoga pants though. I practically live in them around the house. I'm not terribly physically uncomfortable, but I am starting to feel rather large and awkward.. hard to roll over in bed or get up off the couch after I've been laying down awhile.

One thing that helps my mood is to be busy making baby things. I've been knitting some cute little newborn wool soakers, and next I plan on sewing up some ruffly edged flannel baby blankets with matching embellished burp rags to match. Thinking of baby stuff always sparks my interest, but that's about it these days.

Happily married, busy mom to a houseful :-)

Expecting again early Oct 2014!

#3 of 17 Old 11-26-2006, 07:43 PM

i'm terribly impatient with everything these days. and swearing like a sailor (which is a bit out of character for me!). my husband thinks it's funny!
#4 of 17 Old 11-26-2006, 08:23 PM

Oh me! I'll join ya. The only thing that's making me happy lately is complaining .

I'm such a grump. The least little things set my temper off and it's so hard for me to reel it back in and get out of the funk. I hate feeling permanently pissed off but it seems to be the way for me these days. argh.

I too am tired of being pregnant already, and it is waaaaaaaaaaay too early for that. I feel enormous and I know its only going to get worse. I'm especially ready to be done because of the eczema that seems to be pregnancy-caused. It's so much better than it was ever since the steroid cream the dermatologist gave me, but if I got a couple days without using it, the eczema flairs up again. I hate using the cream while pg, but I can't stand the itching without it.... grrrrrr :

Allison.... mom of DS1 (7) and DS2 (4) and awaiting #3 near the end of April 2011
#5 of 17 Old 11-26-2006, 11:07 PM

: laughup Me too! All of it.

I keep wondering if there is such a thing as prepartum depression. I have been so hormonal lately. The worst thing is that I have like ZERO patience for my daughter at the moment. I feel like the world's worst mom because I can not even deal with her. I swear she is going through the terrible two's already! It is so hard to chase after a 1 1/2 year old with this bulging belly in front of me. I don't know how women did it in the good 'ol fashion days. The thought of taking care of a newborn AND a 18 month old is enough to send me on a permanent vacation to the loony bin. All I want to do is lay in bed all day long. Sometimes the thought of doctor ordered bed rest makes me giddy...

Of course then there is reality... I have to get up. Put on a happy face for my daughter, and pretend that she and this pregnancy aren't driving me to the crazy farm.

Hanna :, Wife to Chris. Mama to : Gracie (6/05), : Annie (1/07) and : Cole 7/25/09 Expecting #4 in March 10
#6 of 17 Old 11-27-2006, 02:59 AM

Yes, I just finished blogging about this. I am SO grumpy. This morning it took me 5 changes of clothes to find something that was acceptable for church. Last week my MIL visited (and we are never a good pair at the best of times) and I had to resist the urge to smack her the whole time she was here and fumed about silly things she said and did for a week. My toddler is in this running away and hiding phase, so its impossible to get him dressed in a hurry unless I hunt him down. And dh has been super busy and stressed, so no help there. I feel like I'm walking around in a permanant cloud of rage.

The only thing worse is being so completely absent minded. I just melted our stainless steel kettle while trying to make some tea . . .

Jill , mom to Andrew (09/04), Aaron(01/07), and Emma (11/09)
#7 of 17 Old 11-27-2006, 01:54 PM

I definitely hear you about the maternity clothes...it was about a week ago that I realized that literally every single piece of maternity clothing I bought no longer fits me...the only pants that are comfortable are some $10 gaucho pants from Target (non-maternity!), and how many times in one week can I wear the same pair of pants to work?!?

I didn't want to buy anything new either, since I won't be wearing it for that long, but I broke down and got a new pair of full-panel slacks and a cute cotton long sleeve blouse at Target last night...it's ridiculous how happy that makes me! DH doesn't understand why I can't keep wearing all the maternity pants I had already bought (I only have 4 pairs, mind you), but then he doesn't get the excruciating aches in his abdomen that I do from the low-rise panel that's now WAY too tight! I've placated him a bit by telling him that I'll save all these clothes for "next time"...a thought which makes both of us a bit woozy at the moment! :

Hang in there mama!
#8 of 17 Old 11-27-2006, 02:25 PM

I can bitch for a minute
I have a yeast infection BLECH. Add this hot itchy feeling to already not being able to get comfortable at night and well....hello insomnia.
I'm still wearing the same two pairs of stretch gauchos that I bought from Old Navy weeks ago...over and over again, because they are all that are comfortable.
All of my maternity tops now have a spot or stain on them from me bumping into things or dropping food (it no longer hits the floor).
And I can't really justify buying new stuff since it's only 7 more weeks...

Okay, I feel better now...I think
#9 of 17 Old 11-27-2006, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtpesq View Post
and how many times in one week can I wear the same pair of pants to work?!?
Uh, that would depend on whether it's a holiday week or not
Holiday week (like last week)=3 times
Regular week=5 times

I'm totally in your boat, Christina!
#10 of 17 Old 11-27-2006, 10:33 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Maternity clothes have been driving me nuts too. Over-the-belly pants have been rubbing wrong, under belly pants are just always falling down, and my dresses are on the summery side. And on top of that I'm very physically uncomfortable waddling around with pelvic bones that feel like they're splitting apart at the middle and leg swelling just starting to make a signifigant appearance with still another 9 weeks to go. I keep telling myself many of the women I'm close to have had way worse pregnancies that this
Gosh, grouchy and dissatisfied would probably be an improvement for me, lol. I keep having to hold something closer to homicidal rage in check. I worry that it's going to crack and spill over soon, so I asked my husband (joking) if he thought our 4yo dd was going to still be alive when the baby came. He said sure, but his money was on me taking out the more recently arrived teenaged step daughter by the holidays. Seems like if I'm not busy keeping the lid on anger, it's because I'm busy trying not to bawl. Having something resembling reasonable hormone balances again will be a relief. It doesn't help that dh seems to be under a lot of strain too. I told him he was strictly forbidden from running away - unless he takes the children, ha.
#11 of 17 Old 11-27-2006, 11:08 PM

I have been SO grouchy for the last couple of weeks. I was in tears two weeks ago because I couldn't fathom how I had two full months to go! My mom came over today with two new shirts for me-- both of them tunic length-- because "she was tired of seeing me in the black sweater and I still have two months left!" I was so happy and immediatly changed into the cute red tunic length light weight sweater from Target. I am just hoping that the holidays make the next 7 weeks go by fast... Or that I deliver in a month, 37 weeks is sounding awfully good these days!

sleepytime.gifC.- WOHM, CPST Instructor, and all around busy Mama to  blowkiss.gifA.- 02/04, bouncy.gif I. 01/07,babyf.gifE. 09/10 and

stork-suprise.gif expecting the surprise of our lives Fall 2012!

#12 of 17 Old 11-28-2006, 09:05 AM

Yep- even the way the trees were moving yesterday got on my nerves. I was just that irritable. And of course DD picked that day not to take a nap and to melt down because I didnt' want her to stick her fingers in my ear.

Today feels a little better thus far- but I'm the only one up and it's only 7AM here
#13 of 17 Old 11-28-2006, 01:06 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendyk View Post

Today feels a little better thus far- but I'm the only one up and it's only 7AM here
Oh what I would give to be able to sleep in until 7. DS is still under the mistaken impression that 5am is first thing in the morning. No matter how late I keep him up or how much I wear him out the day before he still gets up at 5.
#14 of 17 Old 11-28-2006, 04:28 PM

I'm dropping in to complain about going to the bathroom all the time. I guess I wouldn't mind it so much if I didn't waddle ALL THE WAY TO THE BATHROOM (it feels like that trip is getting longer and longer as the day progresses) and then actually feel like it was worth it... but I swear, I'm in an emergency-type situation about every 1.5 hours and then only pee a tiny bit... peeing isn't even a relief anymore b/c I know I'll just have to come back in a little bit... I'm ready to empty a full bladder...

(off to use the bathroom...)
#15 of 17 Old 11-28-2006, 05:13 PM

Here's my bitch fest: it doesn't matter how much friggin sleep I get I always wake up feeling like I could sleep another 10 hours (or whatever). It reminds me a lot of the first trimester...anyone else going through this??

Also, I've been feeling pretty moody/depressed. My normal activities don't interest me much anymore, and eating is more and more of a struggle since a) I'm too tired to eat and b) I'm so sick of eating it's not even funny. I long for the days when eating 3 meals a day was good enough...I'm so sick of having to graze all day.

Last, but not least, my husband will be gone most of this week and all of next week and all I want to do is curl up with him
#16 of 17 Old 11-28-2006, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannah8ball View Post
I'm dropping in to complain about going to the bathroom all the time. I guess I wouldn't mind it so much if I didn't waddle ALL THE WAY TO THE BATHROOM (it feels like that trip is getting longer and longer as the day progresses) and then actually feel like it was worth it... but I swear, I'm in an emergency-type situation about every 1.5 hours and then only pee a tiny bit... peeing isn't even a relief anymore b/c I know I'll just have to come back in a little bit... I'm ready to empty a full bladder...

(off to use the bathroom...)
Yeah! Me too! I feel like I'm going to wet my pants, I have to go so bad...then when I get there it's *trickletrickle*...a whole 2 tsps to show for my agony.
#17 of 17 Old 11-28-2006, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantumMama View Post
it doesn't matter how much friggin sleep I get I always wake up feeling like I could sleep another 10 hours (or whatever). It reminds me a lot of the first trimester...anyone else going through this??
YEP!!! I'm getting 8-9 hours of sleep a night, and I still have to take a nap (on the floor of an empty office at work) every afternoon (and not little cat naps like I used to take, but full-on hour long snooze fests!). And then I want to go to sleep again as soon as I get home from work!

I need so much sleep right now that I am planning to take maternity leave three weeks earlier than I had planned to because I'm not getting anything done! :

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page