Cloth happiness - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 11-27-2006, 03:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Over the last few days, I've gotten a bunch of new diapers -- 24 infant prefolds, 36 cloth wipes, a newborn AIO, and a bunch of stuff for my 2-year-old.

I'm currently washing the prefolds to get them ready -- I had forgotten how much fun it was to prepare new cloth diapers.

Sonja , 40, married to DH (42) since 5-29-93, DD born 11-3-2004, DS born 1-18-2007.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 11-27-2006, 06:15 PM

Very cool!

Where did you get your cloth wipes from? And how do you use them? Just with water and then wash them with the diapers?
#3 of 5 Old 11-27-2006, 08:31 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtpesq View Post
Where did you get your cloth wipes from? And how do you use them? Just with water and then wash them with the diapers?
I got my cloth wipes from DiaperWare (http://www.diaperware.com/), but they're widely available. I like ones with flannel on one side and a more textured fabric on the other, so I bought the WAHMies wipes this time around. My husband likes the Kissaluvs Terry Wipes best, so I got some of those as well. Buying wipes isn't the most frugal option -- lots of people make them at home, or buy a large package of inexpensive washcloths at someplace like target -- but I guess I'm just not that motivated.

Anyway, I just dip mine in water before use. Some people use various additives to their water, but plain water's always worked fine for me.

Then I just toss them in with my diapers to wash them.

I don't use cloth wipes when I'm out and about -- I don't feel like carrying a bottle of water with me to wet them down, or remembering to wet them ahead of time and store them in a ziplock bag -- but many people do. I do think the cloth wipes generally work better than the disposable ones.

Sonja , 40, married to DH (42) since 5-29-93, DD born 11-3-2004, DS born 1-18-2007.
#4 of 5 Old 11-28-2006, 04:47 AM

I have Mother Ease wipes. The work so much better than disposable wipes. I also use preemie prefolds as wipes.

Come to think of it, I just threw out a pair of worn out sweatpants that I should have made into wipes. The only thing is that I like the diapers and wipes to be white/natural. No matter how old some fabric is it seems to leave a little color on the diapers when washed together.
#5 of 5 Old 11-28-2006, 12:36 PM

My dear friend just dropped off three hand-knit wool covers for me this morning. They are just lovely - a periwinkle, a celery and one that is undyed.

I was just going through my stash and I can't believe how many diapers I have accumulated. I bought several lots on e-bay this summer and three friends are lending me theirs, so I might actually have too many diapers - something I thought would be impossible with twins.

For wipes - I buy the cheapo washcloths. Dollar store sells them in five-packs. I make a solution of distilled water, a squirt of Burt's Bees baby wash and a few drops of tea tree oil. Then I put the wipes and the solution in a wipes warmer. It works out great. Tee tree oil in an antibacterial, and keeps the solution fresh.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page