Spotlight on OldFashionedGirl - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-27-2006, 05:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
New spotlight, mamas...

So, what is your favorite part of this pregnancy? Least favorite?

If you could travel anywhere, where would you go, for how long and who would you bring with you?

If you could have any meal prepared for you, what would it be today? (I know it probably changes by the hour)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-27-2006, 07:22 PM

Hi Amanda!

*How many kids would you like to have? (I remember you saying a while back that you wanted 10 or so...just wondering if that's still the plan, now that we're in the third trimester! )

*What do you like and dislike about where you live?

*How did you and your BF meet?

*What kind of music do you like to listen to?

Thanks!
Old 11-27-2006, 09:00 PM

What is your absolute favorite dessert?

Your most embarassing moment (that you're willing to share)?

Your most proud moment?
Old 11-28-2006, 04:42 PM

So, what is your favorite part of this pregnancy? Least favorite?
At first, my favorite part was being able to eat anything I wanted. (Now that I'm as large as a circus tent, I'm starting to question the wisdom of that...) Feeling movement for the first time was pretty cool, too. At this point, all I can say is that at least I'm almost done!

Least favorite, though....I've started a whole thread on this #1--Maternity clothes. Am I the only preg. woman out there who DOESN'T want to show off my belly? NOTHING I try on is long enough! #2--The novelty of being fat has worn off. #3--Swollen and aching hands and feet. #4--Sore back. #5--Impossibility of having sex. #6--Doctor's visits every two weeks. Seriously, do you really need to see me that much? Nothing ever happens. I pee in a cup, you weigh me, you ask if I'm okay, I say I am, we listen to the heartbeat, I go home. It is the biggest freakin' waste of time I can imagine.

If you could travel anywhere, where would you go, for how long and who would you bring with you?
Oooh, this is a tough one. I'd take my mom and my boyfriend (we all get along well, so it's not as weird as it seems!). I'd be gone a week, I think. Anymore than that and vacations start to seem too long to me and I'm ready for home. Alaska or Canada, maybe? I really like snow. Paris, Germany, London. Or Australia, to see if the toilets really flush in the opposite direction

If you could have any meal prepared for you, what would it be today? (I know it probably changes by the hour)
Mmm.... Don't get me thinkin' about food! I want a ribeye, rare. Crablegs. Mashed potatoes and tiramisu from the restaurant I used to work at. A shirmp cocktail to start. And a freakin' margarita!

*How many kids would you like to have? (I remember you saying a while back that you wanted 10 or so...just wondering if that's still the plan, now that we're in the third trimester! )
I'm still going to go with 10. After I've actually given labor, though, that might be another story! (And actually, the "finality" of it all is starting to hit me. Like, I'm going to leave the hospital, and they're going to give me this baby and trust me to care for it. I don't even know how to change a diaper. What in the world was I thinking?!?! I'm hoping that after the first one, this won't be as big a deal to me )

*What do you like and dislike about where you live?
Well, there isn't much to do here. (I live in NE Nebraska, about 20 mins from SD and 60 mins from IA, in a small town of 200.) If you want shopping, outside of Walmart or Kmart, you pretty much have to drive at least an hour. In general, though, I really like it here. I like the changing seasons. My family is all here. I used to hate that I lived in a small town, but the older I get, the more I like it.

*How did you and your BF meet?
Long story short: we were in HS (I think we were both 16), and one of my friends was dating one of his friends, and we ended up at the same party one night. We didn't really talk that night, but once I found out he liked me, I snuck out of my house the next weekend (I was grounded, though I can't remember why...) to meet him at another party. He asked me out that night, and the rest is history

*What kind of music do you like to listen to?
A little bit of everything. Mainly pop/rock, but I listen to country and classical, too. The only thing I really don't like is rap, but I do like some "hip-hop." My bf gives me crap because I'm a sucker for "bad" music: Jessica Simpson, Britney Spears : , etc... If it's a catchy song, I'll probably like it, no matter how bad I KNOW it is.

What is your absolute favorite dessert?
Tiramisu!

Your most embarassing moment (that you're willing to share)?
You'll have to let me think about that.
Oh, wait, I've got it.
I was turning into the Walgreens parking lot one day. I, unfortunately, turned a little too soon, and missed the actual driveway. I instead turned onto the median with decorative flowers and plants. By time I realized what I had done, it was just as easy to completely drive over the damn thing as to back up. So I did (crunch....sccrrrrrrrrraaaaaape). And of course, 3 large black guys are standing in the parking lot, watching me do this, nudging each other, point me out, and laughing. So I just waved sheepishly at them as my back tires clunked over the median.
Yup, that's right up there.

Your most proud moment?
Oh, I'm proud of stupid stuff I've done. Finally making divinity successfully after 4 failed batches last Christmas. Learning how to parallel park. Learning how to drive a stick shift. I'll try to think of something less dorky, but right now, that's the best I've got!
Old 11-28-2006, 05:10 PM

Quote:
#6--Doctor's visits every two weeks. Seriously, do you really need to see me that much? Nothing ever happens. I pee in a cup, you weigh me, you ask if I'm okay, I say I am, we listen to the heartbeat, I go home. It is the biggest freakin' waste of time I can imagine.
So true... I'm actually a bit grumpy about having to bump up our visits to once a week soon... there's only so many questions I can come up with... (If I'm really concerned, I'll either call them or look it up on the internet...)... anyway, glad I'm not the only one who feels that way.

Quote:
I was turning into the Walgreens parking lot one day. I, unfortunately, turned a little too soon, and missed the actual driveway. I instead turned onto the median with decorative flowers and plants. By time I realized what I had done, it was just as easy to completely drive over the damn thing as to back up. So I did (crunch....sccrrrrrrrrraaaaaape). And of course, 3 large black guys are standing in the parking lot, watching me do this, nudging each other, point me out, and laughing. So I just waved sheepishly at them as my back tires clunked over the median.
Yup, that's right up there.
laughup laughup laughup

(Wiping away tears...)

Ok, my questions

Tell us about your favorite sweater

What "first" are you most excited about with this baby?

How close together do you want those 10 children to be?

What would you like to do differently than your parents?
Old 11-28-2006, 08:11 PM

Tell us about your favorite sweater
Maternity or non? (Sadly, I've forgotten what most of my non-maternity sweaters look like, so you're going to hear about the maternity sweater ) Right now, it's a Motherhood Maternity sweater that my mom got at Goodwill for herself last winter. She liked that it was long. Then she realized it was a maternity sweater, and couldn't bring herself to wear it again. It's black, with the mock button shirt collar and cuffs in white with black pinstripes. It's about the only thing I own that covers my stomach. (And it's a...gulp...2X.)

What "first" are you most excited about with this baby?
Oh geepers. I hadn't thought of that. First successful diaper change? Is that stupid? (Can you tell I'm more than a little worried about the whole diaper changing thing?) First Christmas, also, because I'm a Christmas lovin' dork

How close together do you want those 10 children to be?
I'm thinking 1.5-2 yrs apart. At that rate, I'll be having kids until I'm 43, which seems quite long enough. (My grandma has kids until she was 45, so I'm hoping the fertility genes run in the family. Given that I was on the pill with this one, I'm gonna say they did . I'm also going to forget the stuff I've read that says I'm supposed to wait 2.5-3 yrs to "allow my body to recover." Where do they come up with this anyway?

What would you like to do differently than your parents?
Okay, this is a dumb one, and will get me mocked. I'm okay with that I don't care if my kids' rooms are messy. As long as I can shut the door on it and don't have to look at it myself, I don't care. (Of course, if they're going to bring down their laundry once a month, they can do it themselves. I'm not that nice.) Just watch. Someone's going to come hunt me down in 10 yrs and see if I really followed thru on this one.

User Tag List