Forum Jump: 

Old 12-07-2006, 04:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Okay...spotlight's on you, mama!

What would be an ideal date night?

What do you love about being a mama?

If you could vacation anywhere, where would you go, with who, and for how long?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2006, 05:02 PM

Hi Carrie!

*Where/when do you feel most at peace?

*What do you plan to do differently with your new babe than you did with Avery?

*What is your favorite animal?

*What is your "guilty pleasure" music?

Thanks!
Old 12-07-2006, 07:00 PM

Oh it's me!

What would be an ideal date night?
I've had to think long and hard about this! We don't do alot of date nights. I am going traditional-- dinner at a nice resteraunt, going to see some real theater and havin DD stay at my IL's. Actually, I think I would just take the good dinner that someone else made!

What do you love about being a mama? Oh... : There are so many things! I really love just about everything about being a mom! I love that sleepy body curled next to me at night. Being the one to "fix" everything from hurt feelings, to broken toys, to illnesses. Nursing, I love nursing! Providing all that wonderful life sustaining milk to that teeny baby. I just love being a mom!

If you could vacation anywhere, where would you go, with who, and for how long? Hmm.. I have gone a lot of neat places because my Dad was born and raised in Scotland and worked in Europe for years. But the one place I have never gone is the Caribbean or somewhere with lots of sunshine, warm weather and beaches. I would say either my little family or with some girlfriends. And for how long... It depends on if my kids are with me! I don't think I could do too long sans kids, but in the future or with them, two weeks or so?

And swtpesq-

*Where/when do you feel most at peace?
Right now, it's at home in the evenings, when the house is clean, DD is asleep, DH is home and all is good! Historically, it has been at my grandparents house. They have both sense passed and they had/have (it's for sale) a turn of the century farm house on 26 acres in the country. It's beautiful, peaceful and calm. My DD is out there right now with my mom while I am "working."

*What do you plan to do differently with your new babe than you did with Avery? The big one is that I have to go back to work after 12 weeks. I quit my job when I was PG with DD and stayed home for 7 months later. Can't do that this time, or won't, because I like this job! Luckily, my mom will watch this baby too, so I don't have to get day care, at least not for a while. Other than that... I am going to make DH be more involoved from the beginning. He loves Avery so much, but he doesn't do much to help! I am not going to be as willing to do 100% of the baby stuff this time!

*What is your favorite animal?
Cats... I like that they are independent yet cuddly. One of our cats (we have three) is hardly every around, but at night, she comes and curls up next to my knees/feet and I can feel her purring.

*What is your "guilty pleasure" music?
I am a total "chick music" fan. My friends have teased me for years for being too predictable and not listening to other stuff, but I don't really care! Natalie Merchant, Sarah McLaughlin, Meredith Brooks, Dido, etc.

Bring on the questions mama!

sleepytime.gifC.- WOHM, CPST Instructor, and all around busy Mama to  blowkiss.gifA.- 02/04, bouncy.gif I. 01/07,babyf.gifE. 09/10 and

stork-suprise.gif expecting the surprise of our lives Fall 2012!

Old 12-07-2006, 07:53 PM

Hi Carrie!
When you were a little girl, what did you "want to be" when you grew up?
Do you have any hobbies or collections?
Old 12-07-2006, 11:20 PM

Ok Ahappymel...

When you were a little girl, what did you "want to be" when you grew up? I wanted to be a mommy and a teacher. I am both now! When I was a little older, I wanted to be a lawyer and NOT a mommy!

Do you have any hobbies or collections? Hobbies... Scrapbooking, although I never have time! Collections, nope

sleepytime.gifC.- WOHM, CPST Instructor, and all around busy Mama to  blowkiss.gifA.- 02/04, bouncy.gif I. 01/07,babyf.gifE. 09/10 and

Old 12-10-2006, 09:55 PM - Thread Starter

:
Any more burning questions?

There's only a handful of spotlights left for our little ddc.
Old 12-11-2006, 12:00 PM

Hello!!

What's your favorite sweater?

Name a "forbidden" thing that you can't wait to do after you have this baby

What is your favorite/least favorite thing about where you live?

You said you love your job, what do you do?
Old 12-11-2006, 01:49 PM

Hi hannah8ball!

What's your favorite sweater? Maternity or regular? My favorite maternity shirt is a black mimi materinty sweater that has a long bell sleeves and an open knit bottom half. Non-maternity... probably an off white sweater coat (which I've been wearing anyway!)

Name a "forbidden" thing that you can't wait to do after you have this baby A glass of white wine and this yummy herb encrusted, pan seared tuna from our favorite resteraunt

What is your favorite/least favorite thing about where you live? Fav.- Our parents are both here. We are high school sweethearts and live in our home town. We moved home to be near our parents when we had DD. Least Fav- It's a super-conservative, very "red" county. We are definilty the odd ones out with our liberal, hippy views and "strange" ways of doing things (extended breastfeeding, co-sleeping, natural birth, etc.)

You said you love your job, what do you do? I am a nutrition educator for our state's cooperative extension system. My job is flexible, part-time, I self schedule. I get paid maternity (12 weeks!), paid vacation and sick time... I work with the clients/organizations that I choose and design my own classes. It's never a problem for me to not work a day because DD is sick, or to work a few hours from home. And my office is only about 15 mins. away!

Old 12-11-2006, 06:07 PM

Wow! that sounds like a sweet job! I'd keep it too!

Re: the sweater, I'm on an anti-maternity kick right now, so, not maternity, but you answered both, so, its all good Of course, here in TX, its 70 degrees outside today, so I'm definitely not wearing a sweater

That sounds like a good setup for your town Having family around can't all be bad

User Tag List