Question for Paige, CPM (and any others who might have insight) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 12-08-2006, 02:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello,
I am hoping that you can lend me a little insight...
I've had a little bit of a yeast infection going on that I'm trying to get under control.
I've been inserting a garlic clove at night and washing with water/vinegar.
Yesterday as I inserted my finger in my vagina to get the clove out, I noticed something very unusual that wasn't there a couple of weeks ago.
I have a series of little bumps on the front wall of my vagina...they feel like little braille dots (sorry, I can't think of better way to describe them right now).

What could these be?

Thanks!-Mel.
#2 of 9 Old 12-08-2006, 02:38 PM

Oh hey there!

That's a really tough one without grilling you more extensively and looking at the bumps. Could be anything from hyminal skin tag (though if you didn't feel it before?) to HPV... Read up on vaginal infections and see if any of them correspond with your signs and symptoms picture...

I would really have your practitioner check it out as soon as possible, even if just for peace of mind.

Sorry, I wish I could give you a better idea but that is a tough one and I would hesitate over the computer to really guess what it was without much more info (sight/feel/s/s picture/labs?).

Good luck! Paige
#3 of 9 Old 12-08-2006, 02:52 PM - Thread Starter

Hi Paige,
Well, I am HPV positive...I've just never experienced these "bumps" before.
I will follow up with my care provider...
If the bumps (it's not just one bump...I felt them again and they do feel like little "taggy" bumps...a series of them) are due to the HPV, could the presence of these bumps cause any complications in birth?
#4 of 9 Old 12-08-2006, 02:58 PM

It used to be that with any HPV breakout around the time of delivery it meant automatic c/s. It is now understood that the real danger to the baby would only be with the initial outbreak, subsequent outbreaks are not as strong as the first.

Good luck and let me know what you all think it is! Paige
#5 of 9 Old 12-08-2006, 03:47 PM - Thread Starter

I'm not sure what warrants an "initial outbreak"....I tested positive for HPV about a month before I conceived...it had been two years since my last pap so I don't know how long I was positive. This is the first time I've felt these bumps.
I think I'm going to mention them to my care provider just to be safe...
#6 of 9 Old 12-08-2006, 04:04 PM

Maybe you're having a reaction to the garlic clove?
#7 of 9 Old 12-08-2006, 06:23 PM

I was thinking maybe the garlic could be irritating as well. I don;t know anything about HPV... i DO know that for me taking grapefruitseed extract (1 pill three times per day) does a much better job with yeast infections that the vag. galic thing....

Just a thought

I hope the bumps check out ok!
#8 of 9 Old 12-13-2006, 01:20 AM

Sorry, I was in the Big Apple this weekend...and when I came home to check the thread I found...

Ugg! Pregnancy head! I was thinking HSV (herpies), not HPV (genital warts)...totally different! Forget what I said about initial outbreaks and c/s...this is about herpies...it sounds like your bumps have to do with genital warts apearing... Long term wise, depending upone your strain, you want to keep an eye on things pap-wise because of increased risk for cervical cancer.... check out this general info from the CDC...

http://www.cdc.gov/std/default.htm

I understand the risk for transmission is low at birth, and there is a rare respiratory disorder (less than 1%) that can occur. Here is another site, although it is wikopedia, it seems like some clear informative info...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_papillomavirus

Let us know what your practitioners think...

I did have a client with genital warts that apeared for the first time durring pregnancy and we did a consult with an obgyn, moslty to check her cervix and see what type she carried. THere was not a lot of concern around delivery and everything went wonderfuly for her at birth and post partum. There are no issues with the babe.
#9 of 9 Old 12-13-2006, 02:11 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks Paige : )
I checked this morning and the bumps seemed to have shrunk..although the yeast has picked up : (

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page