I broke 200 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 12-08-2006, 05:43 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I went in for my 34 week midwife appt, and I weigh in at 201. I never thought I would weigh 200 pounds. I've gained 34...a pound a week, I guess. They were impressed that I was gaining even though I'm still nauseous and having a hard time eating the right things in enough quantity, but my body/baby seems to know what it's doing.

I think I gained 40-45 pounds the last time with ds, but I ended up in the
180's. This time I may just outweigh my dp...we don't have a scale at home, so he doesn't know exactly how much he weighs. I think we're in the same ballpark now.

I just wonder what will happen in the next +/- 6 weeks.
#2 of 9 Old 12-08-2006, 06:33 PM

I now out weigh my DH, now he only weights 167lbs so it wasn't that hard, as he is super skinny (6'2 too) I don't really care much as i lost more than my pre pregnancy weight within a couple months last time.
#3 of 9 Old 12-08-2006, 07:56 PM

That's a funny feeling isnt it? I remember being wierded out about that last time. This time it happened much earlier and just made me sigh in resignation. Good news is weight gain is supposed to slow down in the very last couple of weeks. Doesn't mean it will, but let's hope so

Allison.... mom of DS1 (7) and DS2 (4) and awaiting #3 near the end of April 2011
#4 of 9 Old 12-08-2006, 11:48 PM

I'm there with you! I officially broke 200 at my last appointment... I did it with my daughter too (and earlier than this), so it wasn't as rough. I did use that benchmark as my reminder that it does matter what I am eating, especially going through the holidays this pregnant! I would really like to keep my total weight gain under the 60lbs I gained with DD.

sleepytime.gifC.- WOHM, CPST Instructor, and all around busy Mama to  blowkiss.gifA.- 02/04, bouncy.gif I. 01/07,babyf.gifE. 09/10 and

stork-suprise.gif expecting the surprise of our lives Fall 2012!

#5 of 9 Old 12-08-2006, 11:54 PM

Well, I'm not far behind you all. I'm 5'8 and have gained at least 45 pounds so far. I'd really like to gain not much more, but I guess I'm not in control, am I? I've eaten well and exercised sufficiently, so I suppose I'm just programmed to gain more than average, whatever that means. I just hope it is not that much work to lose it all. I don't want to outweigh my dh while not pregnant!

Happily parenting our snuggly wild child since 2007 and her little brother since 2011!

#6 of 9 Old 12-09-2006, 12:08 AM

Sorry, saw this on the front page had to post...

If it makes you feel any better my hubby is a total skinny minnie...I think he weighs mabe 130 or so and I outweigh him not pregnant...

Renae wife to J :, Mama to 4.5y/o J-bird and 2y/o A : and E coming in late Dec/Early Jan. My husband had a living donor kidney transplant! :
#7 of 9 Old 12-09-2006, 12:12 AM

Ahhh. the 200 moment.

I went to 215 with all three.

...and I normally weigh 155!

It always came off after breastfeeding and speedwalking and eating right. And my babes are all beautiful like yours will be!
#8 of 9 Old 12-09-2006, 08:32 PM

I'm getting dangerously close to the 200 pound mark. At my last appt. I was 190, a weight gain of 50 pounds! I outweighed my 165-lb. hubby in my second trimester!

I can't "weight" to be bfing two babies!
#9 of 9 Old 12-11-2006, 10:35 AM

I'm right there with ya, sista! I was 198.5 at my last appointment. It'll come off with breastfeeding...but yes, weighing the same as dh is just down right....wrong!!!! I won't tell him what I weigh because he is a freak about that sort of thing. I'll let him know how much I'm losing, but he doesn't get numbers.

Trying to build up my house, not tear it down namaste.gif.   Got 3 wonderful kids jumpers.gif  ribboncesarean.gif autismribbon.gif, blessed with a wonderful husband luxlove.gif and have the privilege of staying home full time to enjoy it all! 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page