There is 11lbs of baby in me! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 12-08-2006, 06:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I had a really emotional, teary eyed upset day yesterday. I totally lost it with my toddler. She was driving me nutty and then kept spitting food and finding it funny to rub it into the cream carpeting. I got down to clean it up and couldn;t get up and took her shirt off of her to clean it up. I was sitting there absolutely sobbing and appologizing for yelling and being not nice with her. When Iw as yelling she thought it was all funa dn games - when I started balling she kept trying to hug me and give me kisses. poor thing...what a mess I was. So I put her down for a nap...... and from 3-4pm had 6 BIG TIME (like radiating to your butt and down the legs) contractions.) It happens WHEN I lay down. I had been lying on my left for about a half hour. I had just had a snack and lots of fluids. It really freaked me out. After #6 I got up and forced myself to eat a meal and downed a big bottle of Gatorade (along with cal/mag drops) and got up and walked a bit and things calmed down. After about 45 min without anything else happening I went up and took a soak in the tub (after Dh got home) and I was fine the rest of the night.

Later that night, I called the "tub guy" he's the DH of a local MW who rents out Soft Tubs (soft sided hot tubs) for labor. I basically was going to beg him to bring it early (It was suppossed to come just before CHristmas) So he says; "well, I have one that isn't in use so you can have it anytime!" I felt JUST like I did when I got my first ktichen set!!!! I think if I could jump up and down that hard again I'd be doing so. He's bringing the tub on Sunday afternoon - can you say WAAAAAAY excited!!! I was smiling from ear to ear.

This morning we had our 34 week ultrasound. The girls look absolutely fabulous

Baby A is estimated at 5lbs 9oz. She is breech (I knew that- she's a total monkey!) HR = 147

Baby B is estimated at 5lbs 7oz She is head down and she is presenting first. A ctually she has been logged so low they have been trouble getting good measurements on her. So I don;t think she's planning on relocating. HR = 141

Both are measure right around their estimated due date. Amniotic fluid is nice and plump and right where it should be and their little parts are working well. No concerns.

I couldn't be happier and I feel renewed after yesterdays emotional roller coaster of a day.

I called my original MW (she's not delivering with us - but is a cohort in getting us consults and helping with anything preterm) I told her about the contrax. yesterday and asked if I should have done different. She said if I have more than 6 for more than an hour to give her a call. She said basically I did everything she would have told me to do - but if it had gone on for more than 2 hours she'd come check me and we could get some terbulatine of needed. She also reassured me that the perinatologist who is conspiring with us (she is very MW friendly but stopped catching babies) will do anything to get me to term - even if I need to be hospitalized to get there - she'd cut me loose once full term (given the babies are fine and all) to still ahve my HB. I thought that was pretty awesome! I wasn't THAT bad off and I know that if the food, water, walking, bath thing hadn't of changed things I would have called her. But part of me thought that anything past getting checked was = to walking into the hospital (no doc) and she said that's not the case. So I feel a real sense of renewed spirit!

Now I need my hypnobirthing CD's to come so I can crawl in the tub and just soak and meditate my little heart out.

I can't BELEIVE there is 11lbs of baby in my tummy - that seems so wild to me! No wonder my pubic bones and muscles are killing me. I think DH has a new sense of respect for me at the moment

2 weeks 5 days and 8 hours till Gail is here!
#2 of 10 Old 12-08-2006, 06:34 PM

That's a lotta babies! You seem to be handling it very well though. What a cool peri! Glad you got your tub early. Go enjoy!
#3 of 10 Old 12-08-2006, 07:53 PM

That's a lot of baby! How wonderful that you have such a supportive birth team, that rocks!

Allison.... mom of DS1 (7) and DS2 (4) and awaiting #3 near the end of April 2011
#4 of 10 Old 12-08-2006, 09:26 PM

Wow thats alot of baby wieght... I am uncomfortable with this 4 lber. Sounds like you have a great support team! Are your twins fraternal or identical?
#5 of 10 Old 12-08-2006, 09:52 PM

wow you are doing awesome

keep up the good work.. you will get to 40 weeks (and be begging for those babies to come haha)

My girls are getting huge too! They are growing SO fast right now.. you can almost see your belly growing haha..
#6 of 10 Old 12-08-2006, 10:03 PM

Those are great weights! Try not to worry, you are getting close to the "safe zone". I am really nervous these days too, and feel like I can't even tell the contrax these days from just the constant pain of being so full of babies!
Hang in there!
#7 of 10 Old 12-08-2006, 10:52 PM - Thread Starter

We don't know if they are identical or fraternal. It's about a 40%/60% odds leaning towards fraternal - but that will be a surprise at the birth (hopefully they will be able to tell and we won;t have to wait for a genetics test)
#8 of 10 Old 12-08-2006, 11:13 PM

I'm sorry you had a rough day and had to deal with contractions and worring.
But... Congrats on growing two perfect babies! I hope they hold out for a few more weeks...get lots of rest, mama. I've heard a little wine will slow down contractions too, but just about anything that allows your muscles to relax should have the same effect. Also, I just got my birthing tub in the mail (La Bassine) and it is such a relief to have it early-- just in case.

Happily parenting our snuggly wild child since 2007 and her little brother since 2011!

#9 of 10 Old 12-09-2006, 02:02 AM
Banned

I know how you feel, minus the toddler. My first pregnancy was twins and they weighed in at 6lbs 5oz and 7lbs 13oz at birth (37 weeks even). I was miserable my last couple of months and I felt like a beached whale. Looked like one, too I didn't even think to get a labor pool with them, but I'm sure it would have helped with the pain.

I just ordered my pool today (La Bassine--seems to be popular) and can't wait to get it!
#10 of 10 Old 12-09-2006, 08:27 PM

My babies had almost the exact same weights as yours at 34 weeks. Both were estimated to be 5 lb. 7 oz. I said the same thing to everybody - "I have 11 pounds of baby in me!" It's been two weeks since that u/s, so I'm hoping they have put on almost a pound since then.

We're almost there!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page