So who is going to be first? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-11-2006, 01:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
OK- I as laying in bed (not sleeping of course) and thinking about how NONE of us have had our babies yet! How great that we are all still baking healthy, full term babies! But still... I jump on here every morning looking for a baby! Some of you have to be 37 weeks now, right? And our twin mommies are still hangin' in there? So... Do you think you might be our first? Why?

sleepytime.gifC.- WOHM, CPST Instructor, and all around busy Mama to  blowkiss.gifA.- 02/04, bouncy.gif I. 01/07,babyf.gifE. 09/10 and

stork-suprise.gif expecting the surprise of our lives Fall 2012!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2006, 03:34 PM

I was just thinking this today!! I was also thinking there has to be some 37 weekers just itching to have their babies...

I have given birth two other times a couple of days before 38 weeks so I am wondering if I will do the same this time! That is barely 2 1/2 weeks away!!
Old 12-11-2006, 03:50 PM

Not me! I'm 36 weeks today, and my doctor says my cervix is entirely closed.

Which is fine by me -- my daughter was born at 41 weeks, and I'm hoping this one will be born a few days late. The further from Christmas, the better!

Sonja , 40, married to DH (42) since 5-29-93, DD born 11-3-2004, DS born 1-18-2007.
Old 12-11-2006, 04:36 PM

How about I bet that I'll be last ?
Old 12-11-2006, 05:34 PM

I think I will be somewhere around 38 wks (jan 8th or so). There are sure to be some babies born by then.
Old 12-11-2006, 05:46 PM

I am soooo torn on this! I want the babies to be big and healthy and well, but at the same time I am nearing 37 wks and just getting so tired of being in pain all the time! Sorry for the whining! I guess the babies know better than me what's best for them, since I can't imagine it is terribly roomy for them in there any more either, but they are being good sports about it!
Old 12-11-2006, 05:59 PM

I might be the first. I know I might catch flack for this but I am having a schedued csection on the 29th of December unless Keagan decides to come earlier than that. My fluids are very low and with the unexplained bleeding, I feel this is a safer way to go so that Keagan and I both can enjoy the birth and time after.
Old 12-11-2006, 06:01 PM - Thread Starter

February's DDC has a baby now! Just 30 weeks and in NICU... Just another reminder of how lucky we all are to still be pregnant. I need to remind myself of that sometimes (or will need to in another month, when I will undoubtably still be pregnant!)

sleepytime.gifC.- WOHM, CPST Instructor, and all around busy Mama to  blowkiss.gifA.- 02/04, bouncy.gif I. 01/07,babyf.gifE. 09/10 and

Old 12-11-2006, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemyavery View Post
February's DDC has a baby now! Just 30 weeks and in NICU... Just another reminder of how lucky we all are to still be pregnant. I need to remind myself of that sometimes (or will need to in another month, when I will undoubtably still be pregnant!)
Good point.
My dh reminds me that I sometimes spend so much time focusing on the birth and thoughts of baby after it's born that I neglect to appreciate all that is happening/developing/occurring right now.
Old 12-11-2006, 06:06 PM

I have been wondering, too... It won't be me. I am due January 25. Plus, I really want the baby to be an Aquarius. I will still love my baby is he/she is a Capricorn, but... I am, of course, kidding. Sagittarians and Capricorns famously butt heads. Plus, your sun sign isn't everything...

I have wondered how the twin moms are doing. How are you doing, twin moms?

Jean, happy HS mom to Peter (5), Daniel (9) and Lucie (2) and also someone new... baby.gif
Old 12-11-2006, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by velveeta View Post
Sagittarians and Capricorns famously butt heads.
They do? My hubby is a Sagittarius and I'm a Capricorn, and I think we get along famously : Of course, we'll take either, as I'm sure any child of ours will be either a calm Sagittarius or a wild Capricorn Either way, we'll take it.

I was thinking the same thing how none of us have had our babies yet! We really are fortunate. Of course, at 36 weeks, I wouldn't mind being the first... but not until next week... I'm ready to wear my own clothes again...

Well, I'm off to go watch the birth of my best friend's baby today : I can't wait to meet her!
Old 12-11-2006, 06:20 PM

Cveta and I have the same due date (January 4) and we are both pregnant with twins. We turn 37 weeks on Thursday. Woohoo! Pretty good odds it will be one of us who delivers first, but you never know!
Old 12-11-2006, 06:23 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
I have been wondering, too... It won't be me. I am due January 25. Plus, I really want the baby to be an Aquarius. I will still love my baby is he/she is a Capricorn, but...
I really wanted DD to be an Aquarius! I was due Jan. 31, so we had a fair shot! My DH is a capricorn (jan. 14th), I am an Aquarius (jan. 26th) and we couldn't be more different. This baby is due earlier, 1/17, and we are measuring ahead, so I think I might get DH his capricorn son! We'll see!

Old 12-11-2006, 06:36 PM

Well, the full moon is Jan 2, 2007 so I'm *guessing* that we'll have some babies around that time, if not sooner.

Happily parenting our snuggly wild child since 2007 and her little brother since 2011!

Old 12-11-2006, 06:41 PM

Quote: How about I bet that I'll be last ?

I actually bet I will be last!! Although all my reletives at my shower last weekend are convinced that I wont go much longer (will be 37 weeks this coming sat) - not sure why they said that..... Atleast I didnt get comments about how huge I am, I am heavy anyway, so i think that wards off most of those types of comments, one positive to being fat I guess.

I am with everyone else though that said they are sick of being in pain all the time. My hip, pelvic and pubic bones are killing me - and going to work everyday is pure torture. As soon as I turn 37 weeks if this baby wants to come out I am more than ready!! I am having a home birth and our midwife can't leagally attend until 37 weeks, but I think I am close enough that I dont really have to worry.

My mum was over due with all three vaginal births that she had, the first was 3 weeks and not induced and was stillborn, me and my sister were just a bit over 40 as she was very paraniod. She is convinced that something is wrong with her that her body just wont go into labor and that she may have passed that onto me, but it doesnt worry me (I hate the way some people in the medical field make women feel like they are defective just because one birth did not go as planned). I will refuse an induction at all costs (if it seems safe of course) - but like I started with - my luck is that I will be last!!

Mama to Amelia - age 6

Old 12-11-2006, 06:50 PM

I'm 37 weeks now and feeling anxious, but anxiety isn't getting the baby out

I've been fighting signs of pre-term labor since I turned 35 weeks, and evidently I did such a good job of convincing the baby to keep cooking that now that its perfectly safe for it to be born, its seems to want to stay put.

I do think we've been an incredibly fortunate and blessed DDC to not have any NICU babies so far! Here's to all of us making it to term!

Naomi, mama to Faith (12/03) and Hannah (12/06) and Kai, a homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg on 5/15/10
Old 12-11-2006, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempestjewel View Post
I do think we've been an incredibly fortunate and blessed DDC to not have any NICU babies so far! Here's to all of us making it to term!
I agree! I have been thinking about this for a couple of weeks, actually, and I've just been amazed that no one has had any babies yet. Especially since someone from Feb. DDC has had a baby already. Wow! No babies before 37 weeks has got to be a DDC oddity. We really are blessed.

I am totally getting the "you're going to have this baby early" bit from just about everyone I know. What is that about? I'm measuring the same and weigh less than I did with DS. I don't know why everyone thinks I look bigger. I'm definitely more uncomfortable than last time, and my midwife says the head is already engaged, but still...I think I'll go all the way to my EDD. So 5 more weeks....
Old 12-11-2006, 07:36 PM

Wow, this is all so exciting!!!

I don't think I'll be first, but I definitely think I'll be early...I went for my 36 week appt. today (2 days early), and though I'm not dilated, apparently the baby's head is down really far and the doctor said it probably won't be too much longer... :

Of course, according to the moon phase theory, I'm looking at Jan. 4th (which was my original due date!)...it'll be interesting to see what happens.

Yay mamas!!!
Old 12-11-2006, 07:50 PM

Well, I'll be 37 weeks on Wednesday (edd 1/3) and I'd be happy to deliver at 38 weeks.

DH just asked me last night, with a hopeful gleem in his eye "When are you going to start using me as a human induction agent?" Friday honey, Friday.
Old 12-11-2006, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shenandoah View Post

DH just asked me last night, with a hopeful gleem in his eye "When are you going to start using me as a human induction agent?" Friday honey, Friday.

My DH said the same thing a few days ago!
Old 12-11-2006, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snazzy_mom View Post
I might be the first. I know I might catch flack for this but I am having a schedued csection on the 29th of December unless Keagan decides to come earlier than that. My fluids are very low and with the unexplained bleeding, I feel this is a safer way to go so that Keagan and I both can enjoy the birth and time after.
No flack from me Mama... my c-section is schedule 12/27 at 12:30....
I am diabetic and baby is assumably already over 8lbs.. my first son was an emergency csection after 20 hours of labor and he was 10 and a half lbs. I don't apologize for having a repeat section.. as long as I get a healthy baby the birth was a success in my eyes. btw I am 36 1/2 weeks now so I have convinced them to wait till I am 39 weeks at least..so that is if all goes well until then..
Old 12-11-2006, 08:33 PM

I have been thinking about this a lot lately too! Especially since I will hit 37 weeks this week too. Shenandoah -- you and I have the same due date!!

I have reached the point where it has really really hit me that this whole birthing thing is going to happen in the next little while and I think that I am in a slight state of shock. Not that I didn't know this was going to happen, but now I feel like we are past the *pretending* phase ... does that make sense? You know its like you know that you are pregnant but does it really hit you.

I have this little baby due date calendar that counts down the days ... and when I bought it had 177 days on it ... today it reads 23!! I keep walking past it to double check.

And of course, everyone I know keeps asking me how I am feeling and have I been feeling any contractions? (I wish I could concretely answer the contractions questions ... I haven't done this before so I feel a little lost as to what I am looking for).

I don't know if I will be among the first ... but I have this feeling that I won't be overdue ... I was my mom's first baby and I was almost two weeks early ... we will see if it runs in the family!
Old 12-11-2006, 09:32 PM

I'm 36 weeks and even though that's not totally full term, I'm so ready for this baby! I'd be gleeful to have him tonight! But last time I went until 39 weeks, and that's a nice time to have a baby, too. That would put me in the New Years' Baby race, I guess, although I think it might be better to have an additional tax write-off! The only day that is out of the question is this Thursday, since that's DS's birthday and he said, "I will share my toys and my room and my old clothes, Mama, but NOT my birthday!" He also predicts that the baby "is just gonna pop right out of there, fast!" Hopefully not too fast, like not before someone arrives to hang out with him while we head in to the birth center!
Old 12-11-2006, 10:16 PM

Quote:
I have been wondering, too... It won't be me. I am due January 25. Plus, I really want the baby to be an Aquarius. I will still love my baby is he/she is a Capricorn, but... I am, of course, kidding. Sagittarians and Capricorns famously butt heads. Plus, your sun sign isn't everything...
I could have written this myself! I'm really wanting an aquarius too, for the exact same reason.Mom and my best friend of many years are capricorns and, well, yeah.. butted heads is mild

Allison.... mom of DS1 (7) and DS2 (4) and awaiting #3 near the end of April 2011
Old 12-12-2006, 12:33 AM

It's been a couple days since I've been on and it's like we are all thinking about the same things! I just had my 37th week check up and last week my midwife checked me and I was super soft and but barely a cm. I'm so excited because I'm GBS negative (positive last time) so my anxiety about that is gone. Every other night I wonder if I'll go into labor, I get contractions for an hour or so and they stop. SO we're working on it but it'll happen when it's supposed to. Most likely after my due date (jan 2nd). Things are going to get so exciting for all of us. I can't wait to see what happens!
Old 12-12-2006, 12:42 AM

Is someone going to start a sticky for birth announcements, or will we wait till the first babe actually arrives? Does anyone want to volunteer to be the keeper of the list (like Meggles has done for the Due Date Roll Call sticky)?

Just wondering.
Old 12-12-2006, 04:10 AM

I was washing my newborn diapers on Sun. and thinking "oh my goodness. I am actually going to have a baby soon." You would think that would be obvious to me, especially since this is my second time around, but apparently it took a while to sink in. . .

I had ds at 41 weeks, but he was waiting to be ironic and come on Labour Day, so I wouldn't be surprised if this babe decides to come New Years' Eve just for fun.

I am ready any time after Christmas. Before that our schedule is just too crazy, and dh can't possibly take time off (for some reason people just really like to see their minister on or around Christmas, and wouldn't be too pleased if he missed the Christmas Eve service, either). Also my doctor is going on holiday over Christmas and with my luck the on-call doctor will be someone I know.

Everyone around here seems to think I must be ready to pop because I am apparently "so huge", but I was bigger in my last few weeks last time. i'm just carrying lower this time.

Jill , mom to Andrew (09/04), Aaron(01/07), and Emma (11/09)

User Tag List