Spotlight on stormgirl - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 12-11-2006, 10:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Spotlight's on me this time.
I don't feel like I have anything to ask myself, so who's got questions for me?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 9 Old 12-11-2006, 10:31 PM

Hi stormgirl!

Why did you choose your username?

What are you looking most forward to about this baby?

What are you most concerned about?

sleepytime.gifC.- WOHM, CPST Instructor, and all around busy Mama to  blowkiss.gifA.- 02/04, bouncy.gif I. 01/07,babyf.gifE. 09/10 and

stork-suprise.gif expecting the surprise of our lives Fall 2012!

#3 of 9 Old 12-12-2006, 06:14 PM

How long have you been an artist and what led you there?

What are you doing to keep your mind off the end of the pregnancy UNTIL the end of the pregnancy?

Is your DS going to be at this baby's birth?

read.gif, mom to wild.gif and dust.gif, partner to malesling.GIF
#4 of 9 Old 12-12-2006, 08:19 PM

Hello!

*Who is your favorite character on television or in the movies?

*Who is your parenting role model and why?

*Do you have a best friend? If so, what is he or she like?

*Describe your favorite picture of yourself.

Thanks mama!
#5 of 9 Old 12-13-2006, 01:05 AM - Thread Starter

Why did you choose your username? My ds's middle name is Storm. I still feel like his main girl, I guess. I just like the unruliness of being related to a Storm.

What are you looking most forward to about this baby? I'm looking forward to the absolute newness. The smells of a baby's head and milky lips, and the tiny toes and fingers. I remember really loving the baby stage of ds, and I hope to linger in the loving of this new baby, too.

What are you most concerned about? I'm concerned about the changes it has already caused with my dp and I. I'm concerned about a loss of one on one time together, and a difficult restructuring of how we run our business and do our art---while still trying to maintain some of our individual selves and meeting those self-needs. I think that makes sense, no?
#6 of 9 Old 12-13-2006, 01:15 AM - Thread Starter

How long have you been an artist and what led you there? Well, that's a hard question..I went to school for photography and poetry, and I've always made things to 'un-crazy' the world. I've been able to make a living as an artist since 1995. I have to make things to survive, honestly, it's a core thing. And working with color and making people happy with what I make are equally gratifying. For those who don't know- I'm a fused glass jewelry artist, and I work with my dp.

What are you doing to keep your mind off the end of the pregnancy UNTIL the end of the pregnancy? Boy, do I wish this was a tutorial and not a question. Let's see, there has to be something...I'm playing with my ds, worrying about things I haven't yet done...like putting off planning a girl-gathering/'blessingway' and having my maternity photos taken and getting on top of Christmas present making/procuring/wrapping and sending. Making some jewelry.

Is your DS going to be at this baby's birth? That's the plan as it stands now. We're having a home birth, so that he will feel comfortable coming or going and able to do the things that will distract him, sleep or be present as he decides.
My only real concern besides the fact that as soon as he heard about the birth tub he asked if he could get in with me, is that I still haven't decided who to ask to be his birth guardian to help him if he feels bored, tired, uncomfortable or scared. But he's a sweet mature 6, and I think and hope he is clear and vocal enough to make the right choices as the time arises.
#7 of 9 Old 12-13-2006, 04:53 PM

Hello!

So, tell us about your favorite (non-maternity) sweater.

What is your favorite/least favorite thing about where you live?

What is one thing you hope your children learn from you?

Would you be interested in sharing your birthstory for your DS?
#8 of 9 Old 12-13-2006, 08:34 PM - Thread Starter

*Who is your favorite character on television or in the movies?
These are hard questions! I loved Brenda in 6 Feet Under. I loved the innocence of Amelie. I love strong, well developed, intelligent and witty charcacters in format. I'm also a sucker for talking animals like Babe and Wilbur/Charlotte and Milo and Otis.

*Who is your parenting role model and why? Oh, boy. My mom is a rock star, though an evolving one. I loved the free reign she gave me as an adolescent, though it was a mixed blessing in more ways than one. I didn't always tell her that I was hitchhiking through the UK, or Guatemala or sleeping with more than one person.
She has a second family, so I have brothers that are 19 and 23 years younger than I am, and I love how much she does with them, how involved and supportive she is. That said, I also glean from my fabulous circle of friends...not one single one stands out as the shining example, but everyone carries little gems of wisdom, and I so respect and admire them all.

*Do you have a best friend? If so, what is he or she like? I was a single kind of best friend kid. I had really really close friendships. It has changed some as I've gotten older, moved a lot, and started parenting. I still have some pick up right where you left off kind of valuable friends..most of them on the east coast, 3000 miles away. These people I don't close the bathroom door or hide when changing and feel okay if they see me with snot running out of my nose as I'm crying. All creative and smart and lovable on all levels. I consider myself lucky that I still find myself meeting people with spunk and spark and humor that fit on the life-raft of friends.

*Describe your favorite picture of yourself. I have a fun picture that is black and white taken by my sweet friend when we were on mushrooms and skinnydipping at a Maine lake. I am dancing and have really long hair swept up in the wind, and I am laughing like I will never stop. It looks like such pure joy. I have it up in a stairwell so that I can see it every morning and say, I'm still a little bit that 19 year old girl, swept up in moment and unafraid of the future.
#9 of 9 Old 12-13-2006, 08:44 PM - Thread Starter

So, tell us about your favorite (non-maternity) sweater. The sweater question. I've been ready for this one! I have a three part answer.
1.I have an old green and patterned Peruvian wool sweater that I had for YEARS that unravelled in places and my mom stitched a white wool heart onto Raggedy Ann style that the sleeves fell off of and I still wore a long time...
2.I have a black one now that has a giant yellow star on it that makes me feel like a star bellied Sneech, and
3. I actually have an uber-cool handmade maternity sweater that I traded for, made out of 2 different sweaters put together, that has a stitched on bird on a branch that rides right on my big ol' belly.

What is your favorite/least favorite thing about where you live? I love that I can make a living as an artist here. I like the sense of neighborhoodiness within the city, and I like being able to easily go out for great food/ see an independent movie/concert etc...
I don't love the rain. It rains a lot here. A LOT. I try to keep looking at the changing beauty of the clouds. I've been here since '95, so it isn't a shocker when the rain comes in for the seaon, but it still gets old.

What is one thing you hope your children learn from you? A sense of appreciation for the small details. An awake-ness, to soak up the things that can make life feel rich, even in times of stress and duress.

Would you be interested in sharing your birthstory for your DS?
I haven't in a long time. It started in the late afternoon, after waffles and night-time "dtd" and a neighborhood walk...oh, I'm dizzy, I'll come back and finish... sorry

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page