a bit of math shock... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 15 Old 12-12-2006, 09:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So I just figured out that I am due in 5 weeks. Then I figured out that that was only 35 days away!!!! :

Anyone else shocked? Or am I the last to come out of denial?

Julia
#2 of 15 Old 12-12-2006, 09:55 PM

That IS shocking! 35 days!!!! I'm due then also. What's really freaky is that it would be okay for the baby to be born anytime after two weeks from now...14 days. But I'm trying really hard not to think that this baby is coming early. No matter how uncomfortable I am or how much my heartburn hurts.
#3 of 15 Old 12-12-2006, 10:13 PM

Im totally with you on this one - i have 26 days until my edd....wow

Mama to Amelia - age 6

#4 of 15 Old 12-12-2006, 10:25 PM

15 days.... I have 15 days until my schedule c-section.
FIFTEEN DAYS!!!!!!!!!! OMG......I will be 38 1/2 weeks.
wow....heheh...
#5 of 15 Old 12-12-2006, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaxmama View Post
15 days.... I have 15 days until my schedule c-section.
FIFTEEN DAYS!!!!!!!!!! OMG......I will be 38 1/2 weeks.
wow....heheh...
I'm jealous! Ok, not of the section, but of knowing when you will deliver and only having 15 days to go!

The 35 day thing is pretty scary! I just told DH that and he about fell out of his chair, and that's 35 days to 40 weeks, it's only 15 days to 37 weeks. :

sleepytime.gifC.- WOHM, CPST Instructor, and all around busy Mama to  blowkiss.gifA.- 02/04, bouncy.gif I. 01/07,babyf.gifE. 09/10 and

stork-suprise.gif expecting the surprise of our lives Fall 2012!

#6 of 15 Old 12-12-2006, 10:52 PM

Today my baby countdown clock reads ... 22 days ... and yes, that is a little shocking, because it hardly seems like any time at all!! When I bought the clock and set it I was at 177 days and so to see 22 is a little surreal!

It is quickly starting to be VERY CLEAR that this is actually going to be happening! Don't get me wrong I am totally excited ... but still a little bit in shock.
#7 of 15 Old 12-12-2006, 11:44 PM

I am happy I got 42 days....the new year sure is coming in fast..
#8 of 15 Old 12-13-2006, 12:01 AM

Not counting today, I have 16 days. Keagan will be here on the 29th.I will be39 weeks.
#9 of 15 Old 12-13-2006, 12:10 AM

I just counted today too!!! 21 days! OH MY : I'm having a hard time with wanting her to come early, on time, or even later. I'm ready not to be pregnant but I am also totally not willing to be induced because of my own discomfort. I guess all a girl can do is wait

#10 of 15 Old 12-13-2006, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ'sMom View Post
Anyone else shocked? Or am I the last to come out of denial?
Surely not, I get shocked anew everytime I calculate the time left again, LOL. And I think the shock began for me at 24weeks when I said "16 more weeks! Wait a minute- that sounds surprisingly shorter than 4 months!!" And it's just kept getting worse from there For me the holiday season goes by so quickly, so even the time I *think* I have I'm going to wake up and find gone. I'm counting on january being an excruciatingly slow and boring month, not being due til the very end, but I think this is still a symptom of denial here
#11 of 15 Old 12-13-2006, 04:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterBaby View Post
Surely not, I get shocked anew everytime I calculate the time left again, LOL. And I think the shock began for me at 24weeks when I said "16 more weeks! Wait a minute- that sounds surprisingly shorter than 4 months!!" And it's just kept getting worse from there For me the holiday season goes by so quickly, so even the time I *think* I have I'm going to wake up and find gone. I'm counting on january being an excruciatingly slow and boring month, not being due til the very end, but I think this is still a symptom of denial here

This is exactly how I'm feeling! I have so much left to do and not enough time or energy to get it all done either.

Happily married, busy mom to a houseful :-)

Expecting again early Oct 2014!

#12 of 15 Old 12-13-2006, 04:15 AM

Less than a month now for me! Almost everything is done too, I can't believe it. I'm torn between wondering how it all flew by so fast and being ridiculously excited to meet our baby. :

Happily parenting our snuggly wild child since 2007 and her little brother since 2011!

#13 of 15 Old 12-13-2006, 10:50 AM

Well I have 32 days to go until my due date.

But what freaks me out is if I go at the same time as I did with dd and ds than I only have 15 days! That is freaky! I am not ready! I still have things to do!! And I really wanted them done by 37 weeks (Christmas Eve) in case she does come at the same time the other two did.
#14 of 15 Old 12-13-2006, 03:38 PM

I didn't even realize how scared I was of going into premature labor until I reached 36 weeks! Then suddenly everything shifted!
Until that point I was just sooooo grateful that the babies hadn't been born yet, and now. . .well now that I am 37 wks tomorrow I just have this feeling that we are going to still be here at the due date.
Which seemed sooooo far when we were at 35wks, but now the three weeks are stretching out before me like the sahara desert!
#15 of 15 Old 12-13-2006, 06:25 PM

I have been counting down for a while... 10 days left and I can deliver locally... (36wks) of course I want baby to wait until 2007 to show b/c I want to get lots of great deals shopping!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page