What we enjoy about still being pg... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 17 Old 12-13-2006, 08:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm definitely in the anxiety club for waiting for this pg to be done along with its aches and pains, but today I stopped and started thinking about all the things I'm going to miss about being pregnant...

For instance... our family as it is. These are the last days I'll ever have where my DD is the *only* child.

I'll also miss the feeling of life inside of me. There is truly no experience in the world like having a growing, moving, living baby nurtured so perfectly inside.

Anybody have any others to share? Maybe it will help us all focus on the positive now that so many of us are in the "homestretch"

Naomi, mama to Faith (12/03) and Hannah (12/06) and Kai, a homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg on 5/15/10
#2 of 17 Old 12-13-2006, 09:15 PM

I will miss the same things as you... this is our last planned baby and I probably will never know this pg feeling again. I treasure the time left with ds... he won;t be an only child for much longer.
#3 of 17 Old 12-13-2006, 09:45 PM

This might sound really silly, but no one complains about me bringing baby along with me when I go places. After she is born, we're going to have to figure out childcare (or not) and how to bring a little one into situations where some people might not like the intrusion. When you're pregnant, no one even thinks to try to exclude your child from stuff... its just when they're out that you have to worry about people being rude. So, in that way, I'm especially glad to stay pregnant so I don't have to deal with figuring the whole thing out

I also really enjoy feeling her move inside. I like knowing where she is and a general feeling of how she's doing any time I want. I will really miss this.
#4 of 17 Old 12-13-2006, 09:53 PM

Um.... Nothing???!!!

No seriously. I am going to miss being pregnant. This is our last. I am really going to miss the movement of the baby the most though. While it hurts sometimes it is still the coolest thing to feel another life moving around in there!
#5 of 17 Old 12-13-2006, 09:56 PM - Thread Starter

I thought of another one- being able to eat as much of whatever I want and as crazy as I want and being able to blame it all on pregnancy cravings

Naomi, mama to Faith (12/03) and Hannah (12/06) and Kai, a homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg on 5/15/10
#6 of 17 Old 12-13-2006, 11:15 PM

I am going to miss my DD being our only as well. She's been so sweet and kind lately and I just feel like squeezing every minute of that loviness out of her

I am going to miss being able to go out without worrying about milk/leaving baby/etc. It took DH and I almost this full 2 years and 10 months to be able to go out and not feel guilty. DD loves her grandparents!

I am going to miss wearing normal bras and/or not sprouting giant wet spots everytime I hear a baby cry!

And I am going to miss my two months of no kids in diapers! (Or I am going to miss NOT having to wash diapers!)

sleepytime.gifC.- WOHM, CPST Instructor, and all around busy Mama to  blowkiss.gifA.- 02/04, bouncy.gif I. 01/07,babyf.gifE. 09/10 and

stork-suprise.gif expecting the surprise of our lives Fall 2012!

#7 of 17 Old 12-14-2006, 12:12 AM

When your family and friends give you a little help from time to time. Like when I have grocery or something to lift they come and get it for me. And ask me if I want last piece of cake left before they eat it.
#8 of 17 Old 12-14-2006, 10:17 AM

I am just lurkin in yall's group for fun, I am due in June with my first. I am not fully showing yet and just kinda feel fat looking and this post really helped me get my thoughts where they need to be during this special time. Thanks for the encouragement!!!

Married to a rad dad since 2005! Mommy to DS since 6-24-07! TTC #2 for 1 1/2 years...Joyfully EXPECTING #2 on 9/11!!!!
#9 of 17 Old 12-14-2006, 10:46 AM

I have a 14 year old and I know it's selfish but I'm already mourning not having this baby inside where I know I can keep it safe.

This is our last baby (#4) and call me weird but I actually like being pregnant. I'm going to miss the spiritual depth I feel when I know I'm growing another living being inside of me.

My favorite lately has been the hiccups. I'm going to miss feeling the hiccups in there.
#10 of 17 Old 12-14-2006, 11:10 AM

I love being pregnant, but I am definitely hurting and aching at this point.

I will miss the movement of my little one inside of me. I will miss DS#1 kissing my belly and talking to "Baby Easton."

And I know this is going to sound crazy to some, but I really like my maternity clothes (just jeans/cords and tees/sweaters). It makes life so much easier to have your wardrobe narrowed down to about 5 shirts and 3 pairs of pants.
#11 of 17 Old 12-14-2006, 12:56 PM

I also am going to miss spending so much one on one time with ds -- I'm kind of sad that I won't have two arms to hug and cuddle him as much -- he'll just get one arm cuddles for a while.

Also, I've been really glad to not be breastfeeding for the last 4 months -- I really needed the break.

I'm enjoying sleeping through the night. If this babe is anything like ds, it'll be a while before we're there again.

Jill , mom to Andrew (09/04), Aaron(01/07), and Emma (11/09)
#12 of 17 Old 12-14-2006, 04:18 PM

I am going to miss the morning cuddle sessions with DS. They are so sweet and about 2hrs long.

i am going to miss being kicked inside and outside at the same time. No really, I'll miss it.

I will miss DS talking to baby through my bellybutton.

Plus lots of other stuff, though I am certain that new things will help fill the void....

Julia
#13 of 17 Old 12-14-2006, 07:28 PM

You guys are going to make me cry (not hard to do these days anyway )

I too am going to miss the special times with only my ds....he is an only child not for long....
#14 of 17 Old 12-14-2006, 10:34 PM

Same things everyone else has mentioned... I love the feeling of life inside me and marveling at the miracle of my body being able to grow a whole new person. I'm really cherishing the time with DS right now, all too soon the dynamics in our family will shift and things won't be this way ever again.

Great thread! It's so easy to get caught up in the miseries of the last month, it is wonderful to focus on the good things!

Allison.... mom of DS1 (7) and DS2 (4) and awaiting #3 near the end of April 2011
#15 of 17 Old 12-15-2006, 12:20 PM

I've had a great pregnancy and even now at 34 weeks, I'm only uncomfortable when the baby is really active with her twisting, kicking, and punching me. So I know I'll miss growing my little Tigger. Pregnancy is such a special time.

I think what I'm going to miss most, however, is the uninterrupted alone time between me and DH. We've been married for just over two years and my job required me to travel every week. Therefore, prior to me leaving my job at the start of my third trimester, we didn't have more than a few uninterrupted weeks together. We dated for quite a long time before marriage, for about 6 years. But over half of our dating life was a long-distance relationship because of graduate school.

I know that with our daughter we'll have a different type of time together.

S & J . DD 2/8/7. DS 4/25/10. Natural foods eating, sleep deprived, gardening WAH mama.
#16 of 17 Old 12-16-2006, 09:29 AM

I finally thought of something!!

The way other women will often move out of the way for you to get to the empty stall in the bathroom!

That's really bad that that's the best I could come up with...
#17 of 17 Old 12-16-2006, 11:42 AM

I am pretty sure this is my last.. so I think I will miss the specialness of being pregnant... yes I like the special treament, the semi guilt free laziness... the extra unsolicited treats, backrubs, compliments.. being able to be "fat" without trying to hide it because...I am not fat I am pregnant...LOL!!
the wiggle worm inside letting me know he is there 24/7... the secret mommy show watching my belly with a mind of its own. being able to CREATE life....spending undivided time with DS and snuggling him after a good nights sleep.....I am going to miss my built in shelf for the remote,magazine,snacks...heheh I am going to miss the absense of my menstruel period and wicked cramps...

I am sad to close this chapter in my life... but excited to start the next... its a bittersweet time..: I am trying to relax and enjoy it... that is until I get up and pee myself a lil bit for the 10th time today..then I wanna be done.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page