Ugh! I am sick of it! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 12-14-2006, 10:16 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am so tired of all the contractions I get. Not bh... they are actually painful contractions... They go on all day long at anytime of the day. They can last for hours. And get as close as 3 minutes apart. And then I start thinking... maybe I am in labor! Get all excited. Then they stop for a little while (course they always start up again later in the day)

I just wish my body would make up it's stinking mind! I would rather not have any contractions till I go into labor... or.. I would like to just go into labor and get it over with!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 12-14-2006, 10:47 AM

I am so there with you Sista!!!
I have been dealing with this for about 2 weeks now..and the worst part is ...I know its all for nothing because I am having a repeat section..oh well... I just chalk it up as part of being preggo..
#3 of 7 Old 12-14-2006, 01:15 PM

So sorry.

Have you noticed any pattern to when they come or get worse? Maybe planning around them could help a little. For example, if they are always bad at 3pm, plan a little nap then. Have a big glass of water first. Lots of RRL tea is also supposed to help.

You are still a little early, but if you want to make progress in a few weeks, try having sex when they hit. It supposedly will jump start labor if you are experiencing contractions already.
#4 of 7 Old 12-14-2006, 02:24 PM

I am right there with you mama! So many times I've thought "this must be labor" only to have it go away again! My MW said its common with second and all other subsequent pg to have many episodes where you think you are in labor but you aren't. Like you said though, they aren't BH for sure!

I just hope they are doing SOMETHING...

Naomi, mama to Faith (12/03) and Hannah (12/06) and Kai, a homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg on 5/15/10
#5 of 7 Old 12-14-2006, 02:24 PM - Thread Starter

I told dh that I wanted dtd last night... But the more I thought about it... I am still a little early and if all it ended up doing was making the contractions worse than I wouldn't be any better off!

So I promised him in 1 week and a couple days he can do it all he wants!!! (I'll be 37 weeks. Both my kids were born at 37 weeks and a few days)

He got all excited about that! I am sure I will hear about it for the next week! A constant reminder of what I promised him
#6 of 7 Old 12-14-2006, 04:41 PM

There is a lot to be done before actual labor, and these contractions may be doing some of that work. Baby may need to get into an optimal position on the cervix. Your cervix is usually posterior during the pregnancy... it may be moving forward in anticipation of birth. Effacement (softening) of the cervix may also be happening.

The most important thing to do is make sure you are getting plenty of fluids, food, and rest. I know it is annoying that it keeps stopping (BTDT), but they are happening for a reason.

If you want to find out if labor contractions are really labor or just working on the preliminaries... lie down if you have been active. Get active if you have been resting. Drink a couple of glasses of water. Take a bath. Drink a very small glass of wine. Any of these will stop or slow the contractions if you are not in actual labor. If you are in actual labor, nothing you do should slow or stop them (with the exception of possibly going to the hospital... transporting to another place has been shown to disrupt labor patterns and cause a pause sometimes).

Good luck! And remember... babies need to cook as long as they need to cook... rushing them out isn't any better for them than it is for that souffle in the oven!
#7 of 7 Old 12-14-2006, 07:11 PM - Thread Starter

I have tried all of those things numerous times with all three of my pregnancies... Increased fluids...changing my activity... hot shower or bath...
Suprisingly that stuff doesn't usually stop or change them.(actually the one thing that usually works is taking a trip to the hospital or the office ) I just have to ride them out. That is why it is so frustrating. I am not saying I want the baby to come early. Or that I even want the contractions to do any work before hand. But the painful ones are what frustrate me the most. Because I am uncomfortable for hours... and even though I know they are doing something it is really discouraging. Because the last two times I wasn't sure I was even in labor till I was in rip roaring active labor because I kept telling myself it was just like always!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page