armpit pain?? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 12-14-2006, 03:43 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
This could have absolutely nothing to do with pregnancy, but that's where I start these days. I have a pain in my right armpit today. I know you have different glands there, but not which ones. Does this sound familiar to anyone at all?
#2 of 7 Old 12-14-2006, 04:02 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have a lymph node in my left armpit that gets sore when I have a cold/low immune system/yuck going on. I don't ever notice it unless I am starting to get run down and then it seems larger and sore.

sleepytime.gifC.- WOHM, CPST Instructor, and all around busy Mama to  blowkiss.gifA.- 02/04, bouncy.gif I. 01/07,babyf.gifE. 09/10 and

stork-suprise.gif expecting the surprise of our lives Fall 2012!

#3 of 7 Old 12-14-2006, 04:20 PM

I think this happens when my bras get too tight. The lympnodes get a bit backed up and it hurts a bit.
#4 of 7 Old 12-14-2006, 04:28 PM - Thread Starter

Well, I am recovering from stomach flu, so maybe that is it. I just didn't feel it while I was stuck in the bathroom all day, so I didn't really think they were connected, but my immune system has definitely been depressed this week.
#5 of 7 Old 12-14-2006, 04:54 PM

Um, this is possibly totally inappropriate fearmongering sounding, and I apologize if it sounds all dire and stuff, but early in this pregnancy I had pain in my left breast close to my pit that turned out to be a benign tumor.

At that time, I learned that pregnancy can (for certain age groups, like mine) increase the chance of certain types of growths. Soooo...after that experience, I'd probably suggest getting it checked out by your provider ASAP.

And I apologize (again) for providing such a bad, worst-case answer. It might be something so minor like a too-tight bra backing up your ducts.

Good luck!!!

read.gif, mom to wild.gif and dust.gif, partner to malesling.GIF
#6 of 7 Old 12-14-2006, 10:40 PM

I just wanted to say that I had this pain for the duration of the pregnancy both this time and last time. I also had it, to a degree while breastfeeding.
I found that wearing underwire bras made it a lot worse.
Have you been fitted for a bra lately? Try an oversized sportsbra (or bra-less if that is comfy for you) and see if it makes any difference before you get really worried about something serious! Hope it's nothing!
#7 of 7 Old 12-15-2006, 12:27 AM - Thread Starter

it is likely not bra pain because i haven't worn a bra for the last few days. first I was sick and in bed much of the time; today i was wearing a maternity tank underneath my shirt with a pretty loose shelf bra built in. but i do often wear an underwire bra. my favorite nursing bra is Anita and is not underwire and I was planning on getting a bunch of Glamour Mom tanks and wearing hoodies to prevent tummy draft with the winter weather.

it's a weird pain, like a sharp pain that comes intermittantly (like it's not there for hours and then suddenly a sharp pain). i will definitely mention it at the midwives though when I am there in a couple days.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page