December updates - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 27 Old 12-14-2006, 09:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We are almost done and at this time next month alot of us will have had our baby's!!!

How far along are you?

What will you remember most about this pregnancy?

How are you emtionally and physically?

Is baby head down?

If you have other children... who will take care of them while you are in labor?

Will you be giving birth at home? hospotal? or birthing center?

Is your bag packed and ready to go?

Do you have any odds and ends you want to tie up before baby comes?

Anything else you want to add?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 27 Old 12-14-2006, 10:01 PM - Thread Starter

How far along are you? 35 wks saturday

What will you remember most about this pregnancy? As the pregnancy with excessive heartburn

How are you emtionally and physically? Emotionally I am kindof pissed at my dh he is really irratating me right now. Physically this baby is doing a number on my inners. I have a hard time sleeping. I still love being pg though.

Is baby head down? After last night I am not sure anymore... s/he was but last night baby was moving so much I am not sure. You know the painful kindof movements.

If you have other children... who will take care of them while you are in labor? I am sending ds to my parents house.

Will you be giving birth at home? hospital? or birthing center? Hospital birth

Is your bag packed and ready to go? Yes and yes!

Do you have any odds and ends you want to tie up before baby comes? No, not really I am ready to go.

Anything else you want to add? PPl make the worst comments at this stage... how big you are... looks like you are done now... I am not in the mood for stuff like this!
I can't believe we are almost DONE! I can't wait to see if this is a boy or a girl!
#3 of 27 Old 12-14-2006, 11:18 PM

Oh my goodness, where has the time gone?!? I'm so happy to have been on this journey with all of you! Thanks for letting me be a part of this merry band of mamas.

How far along are you? 36 wks. + 1 day

What will you remember most about this pregnancy? The overwhelming joy and love that I feel between me and DH.

How are you emtionally and physically? Emotionally - fabulous (though very teary and sensitive). Physically - shouldn't complain, but I've seen better days...I have lots of swelling (DH has taken to calling me "memory foam") and unexplained stomach pain, and am completely exhausted.

Is baby head down? Yup.

Will you be giving birth at home? hospotal? or birthing center? Hospital 5 minutes from my home, with a natural birth-friendly OB and a doula.

Is your bag packed and ready to go? Um, sort of. I have to find a "bag" first...right now I have some things tossed in a beach bag, like a robe and eye drops. Can't I finish packing when I'm in early labor???

Do you have any odds and ends you want to tie up before baby comes? Many, many odds and ends...mainly, thank you notes for shower gifts and washing baby's clothes and finding a bassinet or something for her to sleep in as a newborn.

Anything else you want to add? I'm so happy + excited for us all!!!
#4 of 27 Old 12-14-2006, 11:42 PM

How far along are you?35 wks tomorrow

What will you remember most about this pregnancy? how fast it went, compared to the first one

How are you emtionally and physically? emotionally - much more rocky and volatile than the first 2/3 of the pg, but it oculd be worse ; physically - again it could be worse, but I have the usual last month aches and pains. Thank goodness for prenatal yoga, I really think that has helped me feel SOOOOOOO much better this time around.

Is baby head down? Yep head down and was LOA at last mw appt! I hope it stays there

If you have other children... who will take care of them while you are in labor? My mom, who lives about 10 min away.

Will you be giving birth at home? hospotal? or birthing center? home

Is your bag packed and ready to go? no bagneeded, but my home visit is 2 wks from tonight so I'm scrambling to get my supplies in order

Do you have any odds and ends you want to tie up before baby comes? just the stuff in the to do list thread. there's very little I HAVE to have done by the time the baby is here

Anything else you want to add? my pool arrived today! I am excited. I can't wait to try it out

Allison.... mom of DS1 (7) and DS2 (4) and awaiting #3 near the end of April 2011
#5 of 27 Old 12-14-2006, 11:49 PM

How far along are you? 36/5

What will you remember most about this pregnancy? everything i think...its my first and i think normally people remember their first easily

How are you emtionally and physically? emotionally alright, aside from the gbs debate and the to work or not to work debate..haha - physically from the prenatal standpoint i am right on track, absolutely nothing out of the ordinary - measured 36w today - other than the same complaints that most of us have (pubic bone pain, sleepless nights, peeing, fatigue...)

Is baby head down? she sure is, facing the correct way, butt tilted to my right - just like she should be so they tell me

If you have other children... who will take care of them while you are in labor? my poor cat will hide under the bed

Will you be giving birth at home? hospotal? or birthing center? right here at home

Is your bag packed and ready to go? no bags for us!

Do you have any odds and ends you want to tie up before baby comes? still need a crib matress, but we do have the arms reach co-sleeper, so i could do without for a while anyway....need the pool filling equip and some comfrey leaves....but other than that everything is washed, ready and put away.

Anything else you want to add? im super glad i found mothering.com - i have learned so many important things just in the last couple months.

Mama to Amelia - age 6

#6 of 27 Old 12-15-2006, 01:16 AM

Wow! Our last real monthly updates! Should we start doing weekly or bi-weekly updates?

How far along are you? 35 weeks 1 day

What will you remember most about this pregnancy? Well, two things. One, my DD's realization that there is a BABY in there! Watching her adjust to the idea, feel him, etc. And the other is how much he moves! Up until about a week and half ago, he was tumbling head over foot, rolling from vertex to breech, to transverse. I can't belive how much he moved! He's slown down on the big tumbles, but I still feel him move alot!

How are you emtionally and physically? OK... It depends on the day. Today, I am feeling good physically but very crabby and short tempered. I've been short with DD, yelled at DH and generally feel irritable. Most days it's been the other way around, I've been cheerful and happy, looking forward to maternity leave, Christmas and baby but tired and not able to do what I want to get done. I'm generally anxious about finishing projects, getting ready for Christmas and wrapping work stuff up.

Is baby head down? YES!!! Seems to be staying that way

If you have other children... who will take care of them while you are in labor? We haven't made firm plans yet. I think we are going to have her go to my IL's, depending on timing. If it's day time- I am thinking we will drop her with them and go to the hospital. Once we get close to transition, I will have DH call them and head up (it's a 45 minute drive from their house) so that DD can be there shortly after birth. If it is evening, I will probably have my mom come stay here with DD and bring her up in the morning. We've gotta think more about this!

Will you be giving birth at home? hospotal? or birthing center? In a hospital with a CNM.

Is your bag packed and ready to go? Nope! That's on the list for this weekend or before Christmas anyway!

Do you have any odds and ends you want to tie up before baby comes? Yeah... We've got a list a mile long. My DH has had vertigo, of all crazy things, so he hasn't been able to do just about anything. And he is going out of town next week. We are hopeful that we will get most things done this weekend.

Anything else you want to add? Just that I can't belive that we are all getting so close. It's amazing to me that in a few short weeks (or several LONG ones!), we will be holding our babies! I was looking at the AUGUST 07 DDC and remembering lurking on the August 06 board when they were having babies this summer These have been fun, fast and eventful months. We have been so fortunate to carry our babies this long!

sleepytime.gifC.- WOHM, CPST Instructor, and all around busy Mama to  blowkiss.gifA.- 02/04, bouncy.gif I. 01/07,babyf.gifE. 09/10 and

stork-suprise.gif expecting the surprise of our lives Fall 2012!

#7 of 27 Old 12-15-2006, 02:44 AM

How far along are you? 36w4d

What will you remember most about this pregnancy? the chaos- thinking that i was diabetic to find out it is actually a heart condition that requires a c/s. Having a transverse baby till 35 weeks, falling on the ice and ending up in labour- which was stopped but the baby had to be manually turned- eek nothing more for 2 weeks!!

How are you emtionally and physically? I'm very sore with SPD, it is horrible. If i had had SPD with DS i might not have wanted to be pregnant again.

Is baby head down? yup but LOP

If you have other children... who will take care of them while you are in labor? no labour but my mom will have DS while i'm having surgery.

Will you be giving birth at home? hospotal? or birthing center? Hospital

Is your bag packed and ready to go? kinda- the baby stuff is picked out and in a pile, most stuff i'll pack the night before.

Do you have any odds and ends you want to tie up before baby comes? Make sure DH knows when the Organic delivery arrives, the house cleaners are paid and bills are all paided up. I want to make sure all the presents get wrapped this weekend too.

Anything else you want to add?
#8 of 27 Old 12-15-2006, 04:07 AM

How far along are you? 34w

What will you remember most about this pregnancy? Honestly? How horrible it was. :

How are you emtionally and physically? DONE. Tired, cranky, hormonal, desperate for peace and quiet, a not very fun mommy right now. I am in pain a lot and cant sleep. I just want my baby.

Is baby head down? yup

If you have other children... who will take care of them while you are in labor? That will depend largely on what time of day, what day of the week, and how fast my labor is going. My plans range from my MW's 12 yo DD coming to be with them, to her DH taking them back to her place (our families are friends), to other of my mom friends coming to get them. We'll see how it plays out depending on what's going on... too hard to plan not knowing, and I had a 2 hour labor last time so really I'll just be happy if they are not alone with me.

Is your bag packed and ready to go? My birth supplies are all together and an emergency bag is mostly packed.

Do you have any odds and ends you want to tie up before baby comes? We need to buy a new video camera. Other than that we're pretty much good to go, as soon as baby is cooked enough. I suppose more meals in the freezer and to finish at least the sweater I started knitting, if not the 2 dresses I wanted to get done also and which are so not going to happen.
#9 of 27 Old 12-15-2006, 08:37 AM

How far along are you? 37+ weeks

What will you remember most about this pregnancy? How much easier it was than the last one.

How are you emtionally and physically? Emotionally mixed. My kids have been really great lately and I can clearly see how life would be so much easier at this point without a new (surprise!) addition. And then I held a 6 week old baby last week and thought, Oooh! Physically I'm doing pretty well. Much better than last time. Still, I'm pretty tired of being pregnant.

Is baby head down? Yes.

If you have other children... who will take care of them while you are in labor? I'll call my mom (2 hour drive) if it seems necessary. If I go into labor in the middle of the night then I'll wait until a decent hour. No need to get her up if I don't have to. Hopefully dh will be around but it is possible he could be at work.

Will you be giving birth at home? hospotal? or birthing center? The plan is to stay home.

Is your bag packed and ready to go? No. I want to stay home. I see no point in packing for I trip I don't want or plan to make.

Do you have any odds and ends you want to tie up before baby comes? None that I can think of. I would like to get a haircut though.

Anything else you want to add? How can 2.5-3 weeks until my edd seem so short and yet so long at the same time?
#10 of 27 Old 12-15-2006, 12:04 PM

How far along are you? 37 weeks

What will you remember most about this pregnancy? Probably the weight gain and the pain associated with being this big.

How are you emtionally and physically? Emotionally I'm all over the place and really am ready to deliver this baby. I'm done.

Is baby head down? Yes.

If you have other children... who will take care of them while you are in labor? My mom is coming over to our place to watch my son and my dh will be home in the evenings to keep things as normal as possible for him.

Will you be giving birth at home? hospotal? or birthing center? hospital

Is your bag packed and ready to go? Not yet...I'll get to it after my other projects are finished. I have some more sewing to do for baby and then I'll pack the bag...but come to think of it, I won't be able to pack clothing for myself because only a few things fit me right now nad I can't afford for them to sit in a bag for a couple weeks. I left the hospital last time as big as I was when I went in, so I know I'll be wearing these clothes for awhile yet after baby is here.

Do you have any odds and ends you want to tie up before baby comes? I want to put my sewing machines up and make room for baby's clothes, turn my son's crib into a toddler bed and work on him sleeping that way and yes, lots of stuff...but I'm ready whether those things happen or not.

Trying to build up my house, not tear it down namaste.gif.   Got 3 wonderful kids jumpers.gif  ribboncesarean.gif autismribbon.gif, blessed with a wonderful husband luxlove.gif and have the privilege of staying home full time to enjoy it all! 

#11 of 27 Old 12-15-2006, 01:33 PM

How far along are you? 34.5 weeks

What will you remember most about this pregnancy? I hope to remember my little Tigger being such an active baby. I first felt movement at 12 weeks and it was the most wonderful feeling to know my little baby was alive and well.

How are you emtionally and physically? Emotionally: I'm getting excited about the birth, preparing myself to give birth the exact way I want. Physically: I'm doing well. I tend to take at least one nap a day because I sleep so lightly now.

Is baby head down? Yes and most of the time she is in the correct position. Given her usual level of activity, she likes to turn around a bit. When I feel her moving, I do pelvic rocks and that puts her back in the correct position.

If you have other children... who will take care of them while you are in labor? Just a cat. She'll be in our big garage when I'm in labor and giving birth.

Will you be giving birth at home? hospotal? or birthing center? Homebirth.

Is your bag packed and ready to go? Well, the bags are packed with the supplies for the MWs to use.

Do you have any odds and ends you want to tie up before baby comes? Yes, I always have projects to finish. My life is never without projects.

Anything else you want to add? As much as I'm enjoying this pregnancy and in some ways I don't want it to end, I can't wait to see my little girl and find out whose ears she has, if she's going to have light brown hair like me or black hair like her daddy, if her eyes will be like her father's and change color from blue to green depending on what he wears, what kinds of noises she makes, what her crying sounds like.

S & J . DD 2/8/7. DS 4/25/10. Natural foods eating, sleep deprived, gardening WAH mama.
#12 of 27 Old 12-15-2006, 01:57 PM

We are almost done and at this time next month alot of us will have had our baby's!!!

How far along are you?35wks 3days

What will you remember most about this pregnancy? That we moved across the country in my 7th month into a "fixer upper"

How are you emtionally and physically? emotionally, worried that I won't have everything ready when baby comes physically, my ribs hurt, my back hurts, my hips hurt, my pubic bone hurts and I'm always tired:

Is baby head down? yep

If you have other children... who will take care of them while you are in labor? They will be home with us and are welcome to participate in the labor and birth if they choose

Is your bag packed and ready to go? don't need one but my homebirth stuff still needs to be gathered

Do you have any odds and ends you want to tie up before baby comes? we absolutely have to get our bathroom finished but that's more controlled by our contractor, and then there's my get ready for baby to do list, that's about it

Anything else you want to add? so glad for MDC and this group!! Just knowing that you're all out there going through the same things I am helped me get through.
#13 of 27 Old 12-15-2006, 05:35 PM

How far along are you? 33w4d

What will you remember most about this pregnancy? really enjoying the movement... worries about low blood pressure

How are you emotionally and physically? Not too bad... sore at night and if I walk too much. Not much stamina at this point.

Is baby head down? Yes... in LOT position, which is good.

If you have other children... who will take care of them while you are in labor? they will be here... free to observe or not, as they wish. My oldest will be in charge of whatever she wants... taking pics, or cooking, or whatever is needed.

Will you be giving birth at home? hospotal? or birthing center? Home

Is your bag packed and ready to go? Bag? What bag?

Do you have any odds and ends you want to tie up before baby comes? Yeah, a whole lot. Still need to price a diaper service, need to order birth supplies, get all my other supplies from the store and set up, etc.

Anything else you want to add? This has gone so quickly... seems like I was just telling people I still had 6 mos to go! Now they get bug-eyed when I tell them I still have 7 weeks! LOL
#14 of 27 Old 12-15-2006, 06:20 PM

OMIGOSH! I just can't believe we're almost here, with Elissa giving birth, everything just shifted 45-degrees for me. THERE'S A BABY COMING! SOON!

How far along are you? 34.5 weeks

What will you remember most about this pregnancy? Geez. My total baby brain (forgetting to take my underwear off when I pee-erp, forgetting water boiling, forgetting meetings....my brain=GONE!) Trying to figure out DS' needs AND be a healthy nester. How quickly everything has sped by...

How are you emotionally and physically? I think pregnancy has made me a bit evil. I've always been known for my zen, Type B approach to things. Where did THAT person go? Lately I'm pretty much the most caustic, sarcastic and occasionally snarky person I know. Plus I complain waaaay more than I've ever done. What gives? Good thing I've got that postpartum window to spend examining my navel in that way and figuring out where these latent hostilities are coming from. Physically I'm doing good, but feel huge and am slowing way down these past few days.

Is baby head down? I think so. Baby kicks and wiggles a lot lately, but has consistently been head down.

If you have other children... who will take care of them while you are in labor? My friend Fran is scheduled to care for Milo during labor - she has a 4 yo, so we're crossing our fingers that will work out.

Will you be giving birth at home? hospital? or birthing center? At home

Is your bag packed and ready to go? No need. But there's plenty I DO need to prepare (like a birth kit) that I haven't yet.

Do you have any odds and ends you want to tie up before baby comes? PLENTY! I feel very unprepared right now...and I STILL don't have a dresser/changing table. THhhhhhhhphhhhht!

Anything else you want to add? That I've REALLY come to rely on MDC & this DDC for support this pregnancy. THANK YOU, MAMAS for REALLY responding at times when I've needed it. MWAH!

read.gif, mom to wild.gif and dust.gif, partner to malesling.GIF
#15 of 27 Old 12-15-2006, 07:25 PM

How far along are you? 35/2

What will you remember most about this pregnancy? probably the birth, otherwise BEING KICKED INSIDE AND OUT AT THE SAME TIME ALL NIGHT.

How are you emtionally and physically? Emotionally, I am in a good space, considering the lack of sleep that we all are experiancing. Physically I managed to pull a tendon/muscle on the front of my left hip while bellydancing the other day. Man, it hurts!!!

Is baby head down? Yes, but half the time its ROA instead of LOA

If you have other children... who will take care of them while you are in labor? Well, I have my neighbours lined up if I have the baby before my mom arrives. He loves them both so no problems there.

Will you be giving birth at home? hospotal? or birthing center? right here at home

Is your bag packed and ready to go? no.

Do you have any odds and ends you want to tie up before baby comes? I want DS to begin consistantly sleeping in his bed, not mine. and I want the batroom reno finished, 'cus that is wher I plan to birth. But hey, no worries, eh?:

Anything else you want to add? I am really going to miss my SIL living with us. She is moving out 2 weeks before my edd adn I am not sure how I will survive.
#16 of 27 Old 12-15-2006, 08:04 PM

How far along are you? 34 weeks

What will you remember most about this pregnancy? I am sure the birth. That's how it was with my DS. I birth! The pregnancy has been as uncomfortable and yucky as one can be. Tons of vomiting and nausea that has morphed into heartburn. I have had beautiful hair, though.

How are you emotionally and physically? Emotionally: SUPER excited!! Physically: yuck. sore, heartburny. I have a never-ending sore throat, too.

Is baby head down? Yes.

If you have other children... who will take care of them while you are in labor? My mother and sister will be here for the birth. I imagine that DS will come in and out, as he prefers.

Will you be giving birth at home? hospotal? or birthing center? Home

Is your bag packed and ready to go? Well, I have my birth kit here. It is still in the box, though.

Do you have any odds and ends you want to tie up before baby comes? Oh, I have 3 knitting projects I want to finish before Baby arrives! I want to get the door and shutters painted, and still need to organize in the kitchen and bathrooms. My in-laws will be here just after the birth, and I don't want to traumatize them with my messy cupboards. Also, I want to get the birth pool set up in a timely fashion.

Anything else you want to add? It has been wonderful to have this DDC. I am thankful for you all!

Jean, happy HS mom to Peter (5), Daniel (9) and Lucie (2) and also someone new... baby.gif
#17 of 27 Old 12-16-2006, 12:14 AM

How far along are you? 36 weeks

What will you remember most about this pregnancy? How stressful its been with incompetant cervix, preterm labor and now a small baby.

How are you emtionally and physically? Physically I feel like I have a bowling ball between my legs and my pelvic bone burns a little when I walk, but that's managable. Emotionally is a whole other issue, but I'm doing ok.

Is baby head down? Very much so!

If you have other children... who will take care of them while you are in labor? We have friends that are going to watch them, and two back ups.

Will you be giving birth at home? hospotal? or birthing center? A hospital is my only option so that's where I will be.

Is your bag packed and ready to go? I packed it today but still want to add some more.

Do you have any odds and ends you want to tie up before baby comes? I want my house cleaner and wish I had the energy to do it, I feel the urge to nest but lack the motivation.
#18 of 27 Old 12-16-2006, 12:31 AM
Fay

How far along are you? About 35 weeks -- my OB and I have a difference of opinion on this.

What will you remember most about this pregnancy? Mornings with DS and showering him with attention. Afternoons with my baby during my relaxation exercises.

How are you emotionally and physically?
Physically doing great, but I'm slowing down big time. Emotionally very excited, totally in love with my little family, very worried about being away from DS during the birth/recovery, very worried about having another disabled child.
Is baby head down? I think so...I often have trouble figuring out baby's position.

If you have other children... who will take care of them while you are in labor? DH's parents will be staying with us for most of January. But if the baby comes early, our backup is to let DS sleep over at his best friend's house.

Will you be giving birth at home? hospital? or birthing center? Hospital. It's 1 mile from my home.

Is your bag packed and ready to go? Nope. I decided not to do this until Christmas.

Do you have any odds and ends you want to tie up before baby comes? Oh, yeah, lots to do. Do baby's laundry and hang up the tiny clothes, declutter the kitchen/dining room/laundry room, buy a breast pump and lots of little baby things that I keep forgetting, get my back-ordered postpartum dose of WinRho from the pharmacy (not expected to arrive until Dec. 28!!!), etc.

Anything else you want to add? I can't believe 2 people have already had their babies! I can't wait to hold my baby, those moms are so lucky!

"Isn't life a series of images that change as they repeat themselves?" - Andy Warhol
#19 of 27 Old 12-16-2006, 12:49 AM

How far along are you? 35w/1d (and that day DOES count)

What will you remember most about this pregnancy? How physically awful it was! I wish I had a better more positive thing to remember, though.

How are you emtionally and physically? Physically: nauseous, exhausted, full of bh and a wiggly sore pelvis/s.i. area. Emotionally: Done. But not really yet ready for the baby to arrive, either...Maybe a little bit in denial. (Dya think??)

Is baby head down? Yup

If you have other children... who will take care of them while you are in labor? One friend or another...we have no family here, and I want/hope Ryley to be present...

Will you be giving birth at home? hospotal? or birthing center? Home sweet home.

Is your bag packed and ready to go? No, one less thing to think about.

Do you have any odds and ends you want to tie up before baby comes? About a million. The house is an absolute wreck, we have no diapers, no car seat, haven't ordered the birthing kit, and I'll be alone with ds every day until Christmas-which normally is great, (and this time of year it's usually me out working and dp home with ds...) but I'm so tapped and all I want to do is lie down...

Anything else you want to add? I'm so grateful for this MDC DDC. I don't really know anyone pg IRL, and it's been so nice to have a little tribe of mamas, growing and groaning right alongside.
#20 of 27 Old 12-16-2006, 05:49 AM

How far along are you? 36 weeks, 3 days.

What will you remember most about this pregnancy? I'm not sure. Probably the amazing sensations of growing our baby and all of the changes (physical, emotional, spiritual) that go along with that.

How are you emotionally and physically? I am a little anxious for sure, but also incredibly EXCITED. Physically, I've been better but I've also been worse. I'd like to be able to breathe fully again (baby is so high) and be more mobile, but that will come soon enough.

Is baby head down? YES! But, it is posterior...waiting to see if he/she will flip around or not.

If you have other children... who will take care of them while you are in labor? N/A

Will you be giving birth at home? hospital? or birthing center? Home sweet home, I hope.

Is your bag packed and ready to go? Nope, it's all in my closet because I'm not planning on going anywhere.

Do you have any odds and ends you want to tie up before baby comes? Yes, definitely. Random errands, cleaning out the birth pool, making more food for the freezer. Those sort of things. Clothes, diapers, co-sleeper, changing table, and carseats are all ready to go.

Anything else you want to add? I seriously cannot believe 3 members of our group have already had babies! It makes it seem all the more real.

Happily parenting our snuggly wild child since 2007 and her little brother since 2011!

#21 of 27 Old 12-16-2006, 10:08 AM

How far along are you? 36 weeks, 5 days

What will you remember most about this pregnancy? Being tired all the time.

How are you emtionally and physically? Emotionally all's well; physically I've got some annoying water retention and occasional heartburn, but all in all, I think it's going well.

Is baby head down? Yes.

If you have other children... who will take care of them while you are in labor? My husband's parents. They live a couple of hours away, but we're not expecting a fast labor. If things do take off, we've got backup plans.

Will you be giving birth at home? hospotal? or birthing center? Hospital.

Is your bag packed and ready to go? Naah... I keep thinking perhaps I ought to do something about that, but on the other hand, I was a week late last time, so I'm not really expecting this baby to come early.

Do you have any odds and ends you want to tie up before baby comes? Sure -- we have a bunch of cleaning up and organizing we'd like to do, which I expect we'll mostly get done after Christmas, when the in-laws will be staying with us for a few days and looking after our daughter so we can get stuff done.

Sonja , 40, married to DH (42) since 5-29-93, DD born 11-3-2004, DS born 1-18-2007.
#22 of 27 Old 12-16-2006, 10:20 AM

How far along are you? 35 weeks

What will you remember most about this pregnancy? Unfortunately, how uncomfortable I've been the whole time

How are you emtionally and physically? So very done. I'm grumpy, try as I might not to be and my hips hurt all the time

Is baby head down? Between my knees, almost!

If you have other children... who will take care of them while you are in labor? I have several friends who have all offered, 3 of which are excellent choices. Probably she'll be with us with one of the friends dedicated to taking care of her.

Will you be giving birth at home? hospotal? or birthing center? Hospital, but very much like a birthing center

Is your bag packed and ready to go? No, but it's making it to the top of the list, so it will be this week or next

Do you have any odds and ends you want to tie up before baby comes? Yes, a little more cooking for freezer meals, some house cleaning. The biggest would be to get the car seat cover washed, the seat all put back together and installed in the car. Anything else will be OK if it doesn't get done.

Anything else you want to add? I joked last night at a restaurant (dh and I got to go on a date!!) that probably the one thing I'll miss about pregnancy is the way other women get out of the way for you when you are this largely pregnant and headed to the bathroom!
#23 of 27 Old 12-16-2006, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendyk View Post
I joked last night at a restaurant (dh and I got to go on a date!!) that probably the one thing I'll miss about pregnancy is the way other women get out of the way for you when you are this largely pregnant and headed to the bathroom!
They do? That's so cool!

I guess this is one of the disadvantages of being one of those women who doesn't show that much -- random strangers don't necessarily see me as being very pregnant.

Sonja , 40, married to DH (42) since 5-29-93, DD born 11-3-2004, DS born 1-18-2007.
#24 of 27 Old 12-16-2006, 10:35 AM

I'm huge (but have actually gained less at this point than I did w/ dd #1) AND carrying really low, so I look like I could go anytime. Maybe it's fear that's making them move instead of compassion for an overly compressed bladder!
#25 of 27 Old 12-17-2006, 04:27 AM

How far along are you? 37 weeks today

What will you remember most about this pregnancy?
That it will be the LAST!!
How are you emtionally and physically? Emotionaly-Overwhelmed, Physically_can we call it quits

Is baby head down? Don't know doc hasnt said anything otherwise

If you have other children... who will take care of them while you are in labor?
Probably Nana

Will you be giving birth at home? hospotal? or birthing center?
Hospital
Is your bag packed and ready to go? not quite

Do you have any odds and ends you want to tie up before baby comes? Little more nesting couldn't do any harm

Anything else you want to add? Good Luck to all you mamas out there!!
#26 of 27 Old 12-17-2006, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendyk View Post
I joked last night at a restaurant (dh and I got to go on a date!!) that probably the one thing I'll miss about pregnancy is the way other women get out of the way for you when you are this largely pregnant and headed to the bathroom!
Not for me! I am HUGELY, obviously, "are you pregnant with twins?" pregnant and just had to wait in line several times at a work training. I was thinking there should be a seperate bathroom for very pregnant women!

sleepytime.gifC.- WOHM, CPST Instructor, and all around busy Mama to  blowkiss.gifA.- 02/04, bouncy.gif I. 01/07,babyf.gifE. 09/10 and

stork-suprise.gif expecting the surprise of our lives Fall 2012!

#27 of 27 Old 12-17-2006, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemyavery View Post
Not for me! I am HUGELY, obviously, "are you pregnant with twins?" pregnant and just had to wait in line several times at a work training. I was thinking there should be a seperate bathroom for very pregnant women!
Hmm... maybe it's not the belly, then. Maybe I look that miserable!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page