Do you think this is it? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-15-2006, 02:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So around 5:45 I got up to go pee and I it just kept going and going, which I thought was weird since it has been such an effort of concentration to pee lately.
So I just went back to bed and went to sleep, figuring if it really is it I would need my sleep.

So I woke up and had a very loose BM, have to pee every two minutes, and am having light, painless contrax.
But when I caughed a good three tablespoons of liquid came out, and I know it wasn't pee.
What do you guys think?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-15-2006, 03:10 PM

Oooo. Might be it! Have you called your care provider?
Old 12-15-2006, 03:11 PM

Bladder infection? Water having a leak alothough it would be constant peeing? Call you dr just to be safe!
Old 12-15-2006, 03:24 PM - Thread Starter

Well, if I call my MW I know she would have me come in. . . and I just don't want to go if it is nothing.
I have had a bladder infection and it didn't feel like this. I actually had the same thing happen about two days before my water totally broke w/ my first dd, at which point the contrax went from 0 to full force.
My thinking is maybe a little leak. I just kind of don't want to go to the hospital if I am not having any real contrax, since I worry what would happen (especially being 37wks w/ twins. kwim?).
Well I guess we just wait and see!
Old 12-15-2006, 03:38 PM

I understand what you're saying....i wouldnt want to go in and have them pump me up with pitocin either. I think I might wait a little longer too if I were you, especially since there must be plenty of fluid still and as long as they are still moving around in there everything should be ok for a little while longer!!

good luck!!

Mama to Amelia - age 6

Old 12-15-2006, 03:47 PM

I agree with the pp - I would wait a little while and see what happens. Ooh, how exciting - please keep us posted!!!
Old 12-15-2006, 05:23 PM

Ooh, how exciting! As long as your're not Group B strep positive, I'd wait, too.

Jill , mom to Andrew (09/04), Aaron(01/07), and Emma (11/09)
Old 12-15-2006, 06:10 PM

I'm with the pp, I would wait too... You'll know for sure one way or the other pretty soon! Congrats!

sleepytime.gifC.- WOHM, CPST Instructor, and all around busy Mama to  blowkiss.gifA.- 02/04, bouncy.gif I. 01/07,babyf.gifE. 09/10 and

stork-suprise.gif expecting the surprise of our lives Fall 2012!

Old 12-15-2006, 08:58 PM

Sounds like it to me. I hope things pick up soon.
Old 12-15-2006, 09:33 PM - Thread Starter

Well, had a few contrax but nothing much. I guess it isn't anything yet. Now they just sort of stopped.
So I guess it isn't my turn yet!
Old 12-16-2006, 12:26 AM

I think you should definately go to see your doctor. Better safe than sorry!! I thought my water had broken (slightly) but talked myself out of going to see the doctor. I had the same symptoms as you, slight leakage when I coughed, ect. But I didn't want to go if it wasn't "the real thing." 2 days later I had a doctor's appt. She checked me and told me my water had broken!! Well 2 days allowed for infection to set in, even though it was only a pin hole leak. I ended up spiking a fever while birthing my daughter, and having to be put on IV and antibiotics. AND my daughter had to go to the NICU for monitoring because they had to make sure she wasn't sick from my infection! I missed all that bonding time because I wanted to wait for the "real thing." GO TO THE DOCTORS!! Just to be sure.

Hanna :, Wife to Chris. Mama to : Gracie (6/05), : Annie (1/07) and : Cole 7/25/09 Expecting #4 in March 10

User Tag List