Another "drop" question... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 01-24-2007, 12:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well, kind of along the same lines as ofg's question about how to make baby drop...

How soon before labor started did your baby drop?

Everyone keeps telling me I haven't dropped and that means at least two more weeks : (which puts me over my date by two weeks, I'm due tomorrow). Personally I don't know if I've dropped or not, I've never had any trouble with heartburn or breathing or anything like that, so I don't think baby has ever been really 'high' . I thought I read somewhere that first timers would drop right before labor rather than weeks before? Or was it the other way around?

Just wondering . . . supposed to be working and since I can't seem to keep my mind off of 'when's the baby coming?' I thought I'd ask ya'll about your experiences.
Thanks!
#2 of 8 Old 01-24-2007, 12:49 PM

With my first, I dropped a day before I went into labor (though first your supposed to drop much more in advance theoretically), with this one, I dropped at 35 weeks and here I am at my Due Date still pregnant LOL
#3 of 8 Old 01-24-2007, 02:42 PM

Yo could drop today and go into labor... or you could drop tomorrow and go into labor... what's w/the 2 weeks waiting period?? I've never heard of that... my babies drop and i go into labor, no waiting in between... i had one at 38 weeks and another at almost 42 weeks and this time i'm almost 40 weeks now... we'll see (i haven't dropped yet either).
#4 of 8 Old 01-24-2007, 04:10 PM

I never had a moment where I "dropped." I gradually looked somewhat lower... I went 11 days over with DD and had this peanut on his due date. I did have other classic labor signs with DS- lost mucus plug 2 to 3 days before, bloody show 24 hours before, but if we were using "dropping" as the sign, I would probably still be pregnant! I wouldn't worry about it...

sleepytime.gifC.- WOHM, CPST Instructor, and all around busy Mama to  blowkiss.gifA.- 02/04, bouncy.gif I. 01/07,babyf.gifE. 09/10 and

stork-suprise.gif expecting the surprise of our lives Fall 2012!

#5 of 8 Old 01-24-2007, 08:53 PM

My baby didn't "drop" until he landed in the midwifes hands. And I lost my plug about 45 minutes before that. So some babies give you no warning....I'm still waiting for that mythical nesting/burst of energy too. :

Julia
#6 of 8 Old 01-24-2007, 09:33 PM

in both pregnancies my baby dropped around week 30 and i'm still prego with this one and had to be induced with my first. so i don't think it really matters.

Jarrod & Nataleigh Est. 2004
DD Jayde 2005
DS William 2007
DD Lilleigh 2008
DS Edward 2010
DS Mikah 2012
Due July 2013
#7 of 8 Old 01-25-2007, 01:01 AM

DD1, dropped at 36 weeks and I was induced at 40 +2.

DD2, I had my appt with my m/w Thurs. afternoon, she said she had definitely dropped (my fundus was measuring 34 weeks and I was 38 weeks , I had been measuring at least a week ahead the whole pregnancy ) she also said my blood pressure was a little high which is another sign of impending labor.....went into active labor at 3:30am she was born 7:30am Fri. morning.

I don't really think it matters all that much, but just incase you are wondering, second time moms are the ones who are supposed to go into labor very soon after the baby drops.
#8 of 8 Old 01-28-2007, 02:54 AM

my little guy never dropped all the way... my waters never broke either, there was a bubble of waters under his head that kept him from getting right down.

but, he was born on his due date, with an easy five hour labour to boot! the midwife ruptured my membranes after i'd been pushing for a bit, and he popped right out!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page